Daniel Jones looking like Hackenberg

Dcat

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

That was his first throw like 4 days ago

Just having some fun with it.  Great first throw.  15 feet above the receiver's raised arms.  

Hey, let's not forget Sam's first NFL pass.  But I blame the OC for that STOOPID call.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Just having some fun with it.  Great first throw.  15 feet above the receiver's raised arms.  

Hey, let's not forget Sam's first NFL pass.  But I blame the OC for that STOOPID call.

i am no giant fan but lets not be stupid

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

btw i hate to tell you but Daniel Jones will be a decent NFL QB....poor kid gets killed at every turn for no reason but the fact that the giants overdrafted him (not his fault)

No QB with a college statistical profile similar to Daniel Jones' has ever been a successful pro QB.  Not once in NFL history. 

His QBase score (263 DYAR in Yr 3-5) puts him below the likes of Joshua Dobbs (419), Ryan Finley (398), Matt Barkley (344), Mason Rudolph (343), Sean Mannion (341), Akili Smith (325), Joey Harrington (309), EJ Manuel (275), Kyle Lauletta (273) and Davis Webb (268), and just ahead of Jake Locker (261) on the all-time list.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

i am no giant fan but lets not be stupid

So Saquon is saying that I should really get my news from the White Adam Schefter instead?  Is that racist? lol

(Kidding obviously.... for all the liberal millennial types who will instantly get their panties in a bunch)

• Haha 1

No QB with a college statistical profile similar to Daniel Jones' has ever been a successful pro QB.  Not once in NFL history. 
His QBase score (263 DYAR in Yr 3-5) puts him below the likes of Joshua Dobbs (419), Ryan Finley (398), Matt Barkley (344), Mason Rudolph (343), Sean Mannion (341), Akili Smith (325), Joey Harrington (309), EJ Manuel (275), Kyle Lauletta (273) and Davis Webb (268), and just ahead of Jake Locker (261) on the all-time list.

I am not interested in selective analytics. I’ve watched him play, and I even watched that terrible wake game. He has the right makeup, he is mobile, comes from the right coaching, and will no doubt will be a decent NFL QB.

He is not Sam Darnold, and was totally over drafted, but he is still a first round pick any year.
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One throw in practice?  No. 

Completing just 56.7 % of your throws over 3 games against Virgina Tech, just 57.8 % of your throws over 3 games against Pitt, and just 57.0 % of your throws over 3 games against Wake Forest are defining numbers that suggest Daniel Jones belonged nowhere near the 1st round of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

Um, ok. I wasn't arguing for Daniel Jones in any way. I agree that he was drafted way too high.

19 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I am not interested in selective analytics. I’ve watched him play, and I even watched that terrible wake game. He has the right makeup, he is mobile, comes from the right coaching, and will no doubt will be a decent NFL QB.

He is not Sam Darnold, and was totally over drafted, but he is still a first round pick any year.

No.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

32 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Can he throw with accuracy?  Because that's all that really matters when it comes to the ceiling for his success.  Not his "makeup", "mobility" or "coaching".  Accuracy issues never get fixed at the pro level. 

It's not "selective analytics" when QB accuracy is by far the # 1 most important predictor of pro success.  It just IS.  Either you can throw with accuracy or you can't. 

Josh Allen sucked in that category in college, and those "selective analytics" questioned how he would translate to the pro level.  Guess what?  He threw for a 52 % completion in his pro rookie year.  Funny how that works!

Granted, Jones appears to be a better prospect than Josh Allen (- 53 DYAR), due mostly to Allen's lack of college experience (only 2 years as a starter as opposed to 3 for Jones).  But their accuracy issues are about the same, and Allen is a better athlete than Jones by a good margin. 

• WTF? 1

I think you mean the snowflake boomers who get all twisted over silly things.

So Saquon is saying that I should really get my news from the White Adam Schefter instead?  Is that racist? lol

(Kidding obviously.... for all the liberal millennial types who will instantly get their panties in a bunch)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ouch 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Seems like Saquon is saying maybe folks should get the understanding of football from football players.

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

You’re comparing a routine Checkdown throw to Sam throwing across field with 6 defenders chasing him?

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One throw in practice?  No. 

Completing just 56.7 % of your throws over 3 games against Virgina Tech, just 57.8 % of your throws over 3 games against Pitt, and just 57.0 % of your throws over 3 games against Wake Forest are defining numbers that suggest Daniel Jones belonged nowhere near the 1st round of the 2019 NFL Draft. 

Yeah but that tradition of successful nfl quarterbacks from Duke

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1