Crowder MRI - Foot Injury - Cleared! will practice Wed.

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

WR Jamison Crowder (Monday, July 29): Left practice early Monday with a left foot injury. Severity not yet known. Set to have an MRI and other tests.

OL Brent Qvale (Monday, July 29): Gase announced that Qvale’s injury is not season-ending and will not require surgery, though he will be out for “a while.” He was carted off the field early in Sunday’s practice after suffering what appeared to be a serious right knee injury. Trainers placed his leg in an air cast before helping him into the cart.

RB Le’Veon Bell (Monday, July 29): Practiced fully on Monday. He suffered cramps and received attention from trainers on the sideline several times during Sunday’s practice. No long-term health concern.

TE Ryan Griffin (Monday, July 29): Did not practice due to a throat issue, but Gase said it has been resolved and he will practice when the team returns on Wednesday.

WR Jeff Smith (Monday, July 29): Missed practice with a hamstring issue. The Jets have not revealed the severity of the issue.

CB Jeremy Clark (Monday, July 29): Missed practice with a hamstring issue. The Jets have not revealed the severity of the issue.

CB Montrel Meander (Monday, July 29): Missed practice with a hamstring issue. The Jets have not revealed the severity of the issue.

TE Daniel Brown (Monday, July 29): Did not practice on Monday after leaving practice early on Sunday after suffering a hamstring injury. The Jets have not revealed the severity of the issue.

S Marcus Maye (Sunday, July 28): Still recovering from shoulder surgery at end of 2018. Was placed on PUP list just before the start of training camp. Participated in spring practices in limited fashion; worked in 7-on-7 drills, but not full team periods. Gase said PUP stint is not due to a setback, just slower healing than expected. Jets “hope” to have Maye back for Week 1.

LB Jeff Allison (Sunday, July 28): Missed practice on Sunday due to a shoulder injury. The severity of the issue remains to be seen.

CB Bless Austin (Sunday, July 28): As expected, he was moved to the active/non-football injury list just before training camp as he continues to rehab from a torn ACL suffered at Rutgers. His timetable is unclear. This was Austin’s second ACL injury in the same knee.

OL Toa Lobendahn (Sunday, July 28): Was placed on active/non-football injury list after the first day of training camp and has not yet been removed. The nature and timeline for his injury are still unknown.

S Brandon Bryant (Sunday, July 28): Was placed on PUP list shorty before training camp with a foot injury. There is no timetable for his return as of yet.

RB Jalin Moore (Sunday, July 28): Placed on reserve/non-football injury list in late May. That designation means he is done for the season.

- Montrel Meander (CB) deserves a mention because he had a "pick 6" off of
Davis Webb during 11 on 11...

I'm guessing he didn't miss practice.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You guys can keep acting like we lost jerry rice in his prime.  Ill be ok knowing he will adequtely be replaced by the likes of burnett or dortch.

Crowder is a big loss having a guy like him in the slot would have been big for Darnold and the offense. 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You guys can keep acting like we lost jerry rice in his prime.  Ill be ok knowing he will adequtely be replaced by the likes of burnett or dortch.

There is a huge difference between the greatest WR in the history of the league and why some of us have legitimate consternation about losing one of our tested weapons.

Why does everyone have to jump to hyperbole.  I don't get it.

Oh, I forgot...holy sh*t, we just lost Orlando Pace in his prime yesterday.  

Am I doing this right?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yep, no difference between the greatest receiver in history and the fifth option on a team that finished 458th in the league in offense last year.

Dortch what the **** IS a Dortch, exactly?

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Yep, no difference between the greatest receiver in history and the fifth option on a team that finished 458th in the league in offense last year.

Dortch what the **** IS a Dortch, exactly?

Btw, I’m rooting like hell for Dortch to become our Tyreek Hill without all the woman and kid battery but do we really think he’s ready Day 1 to replace Crowder?

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Btw, I’m rooting like hell for Dortch to become our Tyreek Hill without all the woman and kid battery but do we really think he’s ready Day 1 to replace Crowder?

He's not. Burnett is not. Some people don't know enough about the NFL to realize how good a player Crowder is. Some people had never even heard of Crowder before he became a Jet.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Anderson, enunwa, herdon and bell are better options in the passing game then a 5’7 guy whos hurt all the time.  So yes, he is the 5th best option we have in the passing game.

And burnett or dortch will fill that role just fine.

C'mon. He missed half the season last year, but before that he missed just one game in his career.

Enunwa has never even played a full season and Herndon is gone for a quarter of the season

I feel like this just cannot be a serious post.  It's got to be a troll.

Burnett has 10 career receptions.  Undrafted league minimum guy.

Dortch in an undrafted rookie league minimum guy.  Both were almost assuredly camp fodder.

Crowder is a 5th year full-time starter 4th rounder who was a 60 reception, 700 yard guy when healthy his first three years.  

Burnett and/or Dortch are not 60 reception, 700 yard guys in my eyes today.....  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

There is a huge difference between the greatest WR in the history of the league and why some of us have legitimate consternation about losing one of our tested weapons.

Why does everyone have to jump to hyperbole.  I don't get it.

Oh, I forgot...holy sh*t, we just lost Orlando Pace in his prime yesterday.  

Am I doing this right?

It’s really too easy.

These posts are totally clueless!!! 

"I said some clueless things about Crowder before training camp started because, admittedly, I'd never heard of him. Then Day one of camp happened and I felt kind of silly. Now I'm taking this wonderful opportunity of him being injured (hopefully seriously) to double down on my stupidity."

Is this not it in a nutshell?

49 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

He's not. Burnett is not. Some people don't know enough about the NFL to realize how good a player Crowder is. Some people had never even heard of Crowder before he became a Jet.

Funny how the redskins, who have no one at reciever, let this guy walk right out the door.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Funny how the redskins, who have no one at reciever, let this guy walk right out the door.

Remember when you told all of JI that Manziel was going to be one of the best QBs in the league almost right away and that we'd regret passing on him?

Now that was funny.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Saving this in case it's a serious injury.

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They only have $11M in cap space, and spend nearly twice as much on offense than they do on defense without Crowder's $9.5M/year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

The problem with Crowder is that he's not tall enough to play outside receiver. 

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Are you being willfully obtuse? Asking for a friend.

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Neither is Edelman. Or Golden Tate. Or Tyreek Hill. 

It’s an inside joke about Brandin Cooks. Angelo lost his sh*t on a podcast because someone said Cooks was too small to play outside. He still loses his sh*t about it to this day. It’s how I entertain myself.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully he’s fine, but imo he was our best signing this offseason(along with Anderson)

Having two safety valves in Bell and Crowder is a big deal for a young qb.  No one is afraid of Enunwa and Anderson until their routes develop (and they are both slow developers). Darnold also has the accuracy and arm to really make a slot receiver one of the top weapons in the conference, so he needs that reliable hot route blitz read.

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s an inside joke about Brandin Cooks. Angelo lost his sh*t on a podcast because someone said Cooks was too small to play outside. He still loses his sh*t about it to this day. It’s how I entertain myself.

Copy. 

Remember when Brandin Cooks was a Patriot and got absolutely waffled?

Good times.

• Upvote 2