Crowder MRI - Foot Injury - Cleared! will practice Wed.

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Actually you're wrong. With Herndon out going by what you say Crowder becomes the 4th option. Now we all know that Bell is the First option in the running game but unless the play is specifically designed to go to him he is most likely the last look in a straight up passing play. So that basically moves Crowder up too 3 going by what you say. Losing Crowder will hurt no doubt.

losing crowder is going to hurt.  but at the same time bell is pretty effective as as option out of the backfield or even in the slot.  hopefully the injury isn't too serious.

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

losing crowder is going to hurt.  but at the same time bell is pretty effective as as option out of the backfield or even in the slot.  hopefully the injury isn't too serious.

If Bell essentially becomes a wr this season we will have to use the fullback or two RB sets

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

There’s going to be a few dings, injuries and major injuries through out the season that’s why depth is so important. Too often this team depends on one or two players and fails. 

8 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

So true.

Except this was somewhat predictable with Crowder -- and it was LOADED slot receiver FA class. 

There was better ways to go skinning this cat, over paying the easiest position to draft/sign. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Except this was somewhat predictable with Crowder -- and it was LOADED slot receiver FA class. 

There was better ways to go skinning this cat, over paying the easiest position to draft/sign. 

Should we have signed Tate?

No it wasn’t a “loaded FA class” Crowder was the second or third best slot receiver available 

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Maybe he's got a lisfranc?

Has he had one before? It's not easy to break the center of your foot. 

History lesson: Jaques Lisfranc was a surgeon who made his diagnosis (and had the Lisfranc joint and injury named for him) while treating French Cavalry officers who suffered a fractured or displaced mid foot (arch) from falling from or thrown from a horse but the foot remained stuck in the stirrups.  It's not turf toe, it's a specific and difficult injury to sustain and would be amazing bad luck and statistically unlikely for him to have suffered. 

I'm thinking ankle sprain, foot sprain, or toe injury.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If Bell essentially becomes a wr this season we will have to use the fullback or two RB sets

good point but there should be enough receivers to mix it up. i can see bell getting about 25 touches per game.  that leaves about 25-30 more for robbie, enunwa, herndon, burnett, etc.

• Upvote 1

Who’s to say Burnett won’t ball out? Slot is more about quickness than flat out speed, quick burst routes than getting deep, and great hands. Look at all of the slot WRs in this league that came out of nowhere with hard work. 

Why can’t Burnett do what Humphries did in Tampa? It’s about being on the same page as the QB. Maybe Dortch can be out future slot guy? Brady has had Welker, Amendola, now Edelman. 

• Sympathy 1

WTF.. How long does an MRI result take?

Just googling it says within an hour or 2

Us regular people usually wait weeks for a follow up appt for our doctors to go over them with us ... but big shot football programs i’m sure have a doctor to review them as soon as they are ready

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Who’s to say Burnett won’t ball out? Slot is more about quickness than flat out speed, quick burst routes than getting deep, and great hands. Look at all of the slot WRs in this league that came out of nowhere with hard work. 

Why can’t Burnett do what Humphries did in Tampa? It’s about being on the same page as the QB. Maybe Dortch can be out future slot guy? Brady has had Welker, Amendola, now Edelman. 

Anderson and Enunwa both have somewhat suspect hands. The best hands in the starting lineup are Crowder's, Herndon's, and Bell's. If Crowder misses any time, that's 2/3 reliable targets out to open the season. Not good. One thing that Burnett does seem to have going for him is a pair of solid hands, so if he can step up, that would be huge. Dortch will get a chance, too, especially if it looks like he's winning a roster spot as a returner. Montgomery figures to see his snaps increase. Gonna have to be a team effort. 

27 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Stop making sense.  You will be called a troll for stuff like this.  Dont you know crowder is a perrenial pro bowler who is irreplaceable?

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stop making sense.  You will be called a troll for stuff like this.  Dont you know crowder is a perrenial pro bowler who is irreplaceable?

I think a healthy Crowder is gonna be phenomenal for Sam, but guys get hurt in this league so Burnett or Dortch time will come at some point, maybe sooner rather than later. With a stable of guys, Quincy, Anderson, Herndon, Wesco, Bell & TY, defenses can’t cover them all. Sam was playing short handed those last 4 games of the year, so it was tougher on all of the skill players. 

53 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly.  People think because Burnett wasn't drafted he can't be good, as if the league doesn't make mistakes on tons of guys every year.  

If crowder misses time, but can still practice a week before the opener its fine.  He can be in the meeting and has already developed some chemistry with Sam.  Plus, it will give a younger player like Burnett more practice reps.  

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, flgreen said:

Huh?

Crowder is the starting slot receiver.  So far in camp he appeared to be Darnold's favorite target.  If he is gone for any length of time it is a major set back.

I'm hoping it's only a few days, but he was going to be a major player in this O if not the leading WR in receptions.  

Guys, don't  feed the trolls

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I hate that nothing's been reported on Crowders injury, that's not good, usually you want to quiet the speculation quickly in this media market. Unless he just shows up Wednesday but doesn't practice.

12 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I hate that nothing's been reported on Crowders injury, that's not good, usually you want to quiet the speculation quickly in this media market. Unless he just shows up Wednesday but doesn't practice.

No news(so far) is good news?

• WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You can take it either way, and both are valid that it is good or bad.

But we don't know, and that's the worst part about it.

I'm leaning(or should I say hoping) that its good news.  I feel like if he was spotted in a boot or with crutches, that would have come out even if we didn't have any kind of word about the MRI.  The fact we haven't heard about anything like that, I feel is an encouraging sign.

Just trying to stay positive about this all.

Just now, nycdan said:

Powell can catch as well.  He's actually been pretty productive as a receiver out of the backfield.  You put him and Bell in and it's going to create some interesting options for Sam.

I’d love to have 3 solid check down options between Bell, Montgomery and Powell. Nice ball control offense that can function in the elements or windy environment. Sam seems to accept when a play down field “isn’t there” and is more than willing to look for the easy options underneath or with TE/FB/RB.

Gase also likes 2 TE sets and that will help keep defenses on their toes and allow our offense to be unpredictable. ESPECIALLY with a crap o-line that breaks down and leads to scramble/improvised plays for big gains. Turn a weakness into a strength. 

18 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Powell can catch as well.  He's actually been pretty productive as a receiver out of the backfield.  You put him and Bell in and it's going to create some interesting options for Sam.

Short game will not be the issue. Medium too long is a concern, need dependable healthy players.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Burnett is a never was

22 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’d love to have 3 solid check down options between Bell, Montgomery and Powell. Nice ball control offense that can function in the elements or windy environment. Sam seems to accept when a play down field “isn’t there” and is more than willing to look for the easy options underneath or with TE/FB/RB.

Gase also likes 2 TE sets and that will help keep defenses on their toes and allow our offense to be unpredictable. ESPECIALLY with a crap o-line that breaks down and leads to scramble/improvised plays for big gains. Turn a weakness into a strength. 

Why I like the Griffin signing

• Upvote 1

Who’s to say Burnett won’t ball out?

Who's to say he will?  The odds do not favor it, but anything is possible.

Why can’t Burnett do what Humphries did in Tampa?

I think you've got it backwards, you should be asking why will he do it.  Not why can't he do it.  

It’s about being on the same page as the QB. Maybe Dortch can be out future slot guy? Brady has had Welker, Amendola, now Edelman. 

There is nothing like Jets Fans utter obsession with 9th tier camp WR's.  Every year we have the kind of posts on no-name undrafted WR's, and every year they get cut and everyone seems shocked an undrafted limited-skill WR was cut.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1