Crowder MRI - Foot Injury - Cleared! will practice Wed.

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

I wonder what people said when 5th round pick Antonio Brown had only 16 catches as a rookie?

Its almost as if players can improve.....

JuJu was selected at the bottom of the second round....and called the most overrated player in the draft by some guy who’s last name was Miller, and a few others.  

While there are clearly several WRs on this team who are better, I think some of you are undervaluing Tay’s worth.

Tay made the best play on the team in that Pats game fiasco, thankfully Sam sought him out.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ummmmm....Burnett was picked up by the Titans as UDFA, had a very strong preseason but in a surprise was released and signed with the Jets 1 week before the start of last season to the practice squad.  He worked his way off the practice squad and began to dress for the Jets.  He wasnt in camp to be a camp body last year and now he's a player returning to the team from last season.  A player that showed promise and has a ton of chemistry with Sam Darnold and actually led the team in receiving, twice.  So again, not a "woobie" for Darnold at all.  If I was a betting man, I'd bet he makes the 53 man roster with ease and it's looked that way for quite some time now.

Now, I'm not saying he's going to step and be Jamison Crowder but calling him a long shot couldnt be further from the truth.

The Titans tried to call him back, but Tay chose the Jets and playing with Sam, over them.  

My SIL works for the Titans during the season on game days, he told me he was a fan favorite because he caught everything thrown his way.  Fans were upset when Tay was released.  You snooze, you lose.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

That's lazy "analysis". Burnett is nothing like other camp bodies at WR. He has a history with our young franchise QB. He's consistently made plays in real games. 

Am I the only one who remembers the Jets drafting Joe McKnight (former USC WR who played with Sanchez) amd signing Patrick Turner (former USC WR who played with Sanchez).  How great were those two guys after having "history" with our QB and making plays in real college games?

An undrafted guy already cast away by one team and signed to provide a familiar face to a young QB in camp.  

Playing with a QB in college rarely results in being a great WR with that same QB in the pro game.  And if Burnett's experience with Darnold made him a great prospect, he would have been drafted by someone, or even kept by the Titans who aren't exactly swimming in All-Pro WR's.  

Burnett is a Jet (for now), and has a shot, and we all wish him luck.  No one will complain if he's great or even good at the pro level, the odds simply don't support that he will be. 

I would prefer him as a depth/special-team guy, because Crowder is not a question mark, and doesn't need college experience with Darnold to be effective, he IS effective, and is a proven and capable veteran.  

37 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ummmmm....Burnett was picked up by the Titans as UDFA, had a very strong preseason but in a surprise was released and signed with the Jets practice squaed 1 week before the start of the season.  He worked his way off the practice squad and began to dress for the Jets.  He wasnt in camp to be a camp body last year and now he's a player returning to the team from last season.  A player that showed promise and has a ton of chemistry with Sam Darnold and actually led the team in receiving, twice.  So again, not a "woobie" for Darnold at all.  If I was a betting man, I'd bet he makes the 53 man roster with ease and it's looked that way for quite some time now.

Now, I'm not saying he's going to step and be Jamison Crowder but calling him a long shot couldnt be further from the truth.

Highlighted the only important thing in your post.

Sure, he may stick around as a depth guy on the 53 man.  He's not going to beat our Anderson is he?  Or Enunwa, is he?  Or Crowder if healthy, is he?  So ok, maybe he is a #4 WR depth guy.  Great.  I'd rather have a healthy Crowder, and so it seems would you.

The history of Sanchez and his receivers don’t seem relevant today. Darnold is better now than Mark ever was and Burnett passed the eye test last year. He looked great when he got the opportunity late in the year and looks great in camp. No reason to compare him to Patrick Turner. I am very optimistic about him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I am not a huge Burnett fan, but there is reason to hope.  He was injured during the draft process and he didn't make the Titans because he didn't provide much on specials.  He was actually one of, if not the, top WRs last preseason.  He looked pretty good when he got a chance.  

People need to stop acting like he is coming up behind Rice and Taylor.  The Jets top 3 are an UDFA, a 6th rounder that missed a full season, and a 4th rounder  His rookie numbers were comparable to Ty Montgomery, a 3rd rounder playing with one of the greatest all-time quarterbacks. They were certainly better than what Enunwa did. He'll get his chance, let's see what he can do.  It would be nice if he contributed on specials, Without that, he has to be head and shoulders above everybody else.

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Am I the only one who remembers the Jets drafting Joe McKnight (former USC WR who played with Sanchez) amd signing Patrick Turner (former USC WR who played with Sanchez).  How great were those two guys after having "history" with our QB and making plays in real college games?

An undrafted guy already cast away by one team and signed to provide a familiar face to a young QB in camp.  

Playing with a QB in college rarely results in being a great WR with that same QB in the pro game.  And if Burnett's experience with Darnold made him a great prospect, he would have been drafted by someone, or even kept by the Titans who aren't exactly swimming in All-Pro WR's.  

Burnett is a Jet (for now), and has a shot, and we all wish him luck.  No one will complain if he's great or even good at the pro level, the odds simply don't support that he will be. 

I would prefer him as a depth/special-team guy, because Crowder is not a question mark, and doesn't need college experience with Darnold to be effective, he IS effective, and is a proven and capable veteran.  

See this is where your trolling is obvious. Neither of those guys ever stood out in camp much less make plays in real NFL games. 

• Upvote 1