Jump to content
KRL

KRL Camp Notes (7/29/19)

Recommended Posts

Thanks for this @KRL

I have a question. Should I be as excited as I am for Blake Cashman or am I being ridiculous? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Thanks for this @KRL

I have a question. Should I be as excited as I am for Blake Cashman or am I being ridiculous? 

I think we all tend to get excited about players when we see their name pop up a ton on tweets. It’s not unreasonable to be excited about young players who are trying to stick to the roster but personally I like to see them shine in the preseason before hand. Like with RA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KRL said:

Jamison Crowder continues to demonstrate his chemistry with Sam Darnold.  As
he had multiple catches in traffic for first downs and one 30+ yarder for
a TD

New York Jets free-agent acquisition Jamison Crowder is dealing with a foot injury once again.

Crowder left the practice field Monday after injuring his foot -- reporters on the scene indicated it appeared to be his left foot. Coach Adam Gase said after practice that the receiver is being evaluated and will undergo an MRI.

The 26-year-old wideout missed seven games in 2018 while dealing with a right ankle injury with the Washington Redskins.

The Jets signed the veteran slot receiver to provide playmaking for quarterback Sam Darnold.

"Everyone knows how quick he is, but man, he's fast too. And I think he can hit another gear," Darnold said Monday of Crowder.

If the training camp injury turns up minor, Crowder projects as one of Darnold's top targets in Gase's offense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037733/article/roundup-jamison-crowder-to-undergo-mri-on-foot 

Any update on how serious it looked or what type of play or contact it happened on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think we all tend to get excited about players when we see their name pop up a ton on tweets. It’s not unreasonable to be excited about young players who are trying to stick to the roster but personally I like to see them shine in the preseason before hand. Like with RA

I’ve been onboard with Cashman since the JetNation draft. I took Cashman in the 5th for the Broncos loved what I saw immediately with him. I hated that we drafted him because I thought it was weird to get a legitimate ILB after signing Mosley to a huge deal. So I’m more invested in Cashman than any other rookie in this class and seeing his name mentioned with starters has me excited.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KRL said:

- With no drug tests to disrupt his flow LeVeon Bell had a good day.  Breaking
off three big runs (20+ yards, 10+ yards and 20+ yards) during the 11 on 11
periods. Using his unique hesitation style on one run and exploding through
the hole on the other tw

What, no.  Cant be.  Dont believe you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’ve been onboard with Cashman since the JetNation draft. I took Cashman in the 5th for the Broncos loved what I saw immediately with him. I hated that we drafted him because I thought it was weird to get a legitimate ILB after signing Mosley to a huge deal. So I’m more invested in Cashman than any other rookie in this class and seeing his name mentioned with starters has me excited.

 

I’d say there’s nothing wrong with that then. I still have high hopes for Frankie Luvu. He was my guy last year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KRL thank you!!

I really am excited about Darnold's consistency in practice!

This is so important!!

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I’ve been onboard with Cashman since the JetNation draft. I took Cashman in the 5th for the Broncos loved what I saw immediately with him. I hated that we drafted him because I thought it was weird to get a legitimate ILB after signing Mosley to a huge deal. So I’m more invested in Cashman than any other rookie in this class and seeing his name mentioned with starters has me excited.

 

I could see us move Avery Williamson.

Cashman is pretty athletic too.

 

E30349E3-3C71-46EF-8608-2CBD101733A3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I could see us move Avery Williamson.

Cashman is pretty athletic too.

 

E30349E3-3C71-46EF-8608-2CBD101733A3.png

He’s a beast. Just as athletic as Darron Lee without the entitlement. I pegged him as Darron Lee with a brain and a heart early on and it’s looking like that’s what he’s becoming.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Thanks for this @KRL

I have a question. Should I be as excited as I am for Blake Cashman or am I being ridiculous? 

 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think we all tend to get excited about players when we see their name pop up a ton on tweets. It’s not unreasonable to be excited about young players who are trying to stick to the roster but personally I like to see them shine in the preseason before hand. Like with RA

 

21 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I could see us move Avery Williamson.

Cashman is pretty athletic too.

 

 

I know there's a huge difference between OTAs and camp.....but remember when we were all on the "Chad Hansen is awesome" bandwagon last year because of some tweets that made it seem like he was going to make an impact?   I prefer to reserve judgment and wait until we see him playing in some games.

As for getting rid of Williamson....are you saying they might move him now?  That's just nuts.  Dude is a solid, consistent contributor on the defense and a leader in the clubhouse.  He's not a pro-bowler, but he's not a guy you trade because a 5th round draft pick is having a good start to camp.  Williamson actually had a better overall PFF grade (if you believe in those grades) than Mosley did last year.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I could see us move Avery Williamson.

Cashman is pretty athletic too.

 

E30349E3-3C71-46EF-8608-2CBD101733A3.png

Kind of underdrafted when all things are considered. Maybe the fact that he had surgery on both shoulders last year had something to do with it. But he could end up being one of the big steals of the draft.

cashman.PNG.350ebdfd6df0a04eda7cd98f14410234.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

 

 

I know there's a huge difference between OTAs and camp.....but remember when we were all on the "Chad Hansen is awesome" bandwagon last year because of some tweets that made it seem like he was going to make an impact?   I prefer to reserve judgment and wait until we see him playing in some games.

As for getting rid of Williamson....are you saying they might move him now?  That's just nuts.  Dude is a solid, consistent contributor on the defense and a leader in the clubhouse.  He's not a pro-bowler, but he's not a guy you trade because a 5th round draft pick is having a good start to camp.  Williamson actually had a better overall PFF grade (if you believe in those grades) than Mosley did last year.

If Cashman as a 5th rounder looks good in the preseason you almost have to move Williamson because of his value. He’s most valuable now as a 27 year-old with 2 years left on a reasonable contract and we don’t have very many players with value.

PFF had Cashman as a second rounder and his combine implies he can do well at the NFL level. It’s too early now but it might not be too early in 3 weeks.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’d say there’s nothing wrong with that then. I still have high hopes for Frankie Luvu. He was my guy last year.

I watched nearly every televised game he played his last 2 seasons at Wash St because I REALLY liked Luke Falk (boy did he take several steps back) and I loved Luvu. Felt like him and Hercules made almost every tackle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Thanks for this @KRL

I have a question. Should I be as excited as I am for Blake Cashman or am I being ridiculous? 

I feel the same way. Wasn't Hansen constantly getting tweet recognition this time last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

 

 

I know there's a huge difference between OTAs and camp.....but remember when we were all on the "Chad Hansen is awesome" bandwagon last year because of some tweets that made it seem like he was going to make an impact?   I prefer to reserve judgment and wait until we see him playing in some games.

As for getting rid of Williamson....are you saying they might move him now?  That's just nuts.  Dude is a solid, consistent contributor on the defense and a leader in the clubhouse.  He's not a pro-bowler, but he's not a guy you trade because a 5th round draft pick is having a good start to camp.  Williamson actually had a better overall PFF grade (if you believe in those grades) than Mosley did last year.

 

3 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I feel the same way. Wasn't Hansen constantly getting tweet recognition this time last year? 

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I watched nearly every televised game he played his last 2 seasons at Wash St because I REALLY liked Luke Falk (boy did he take several steps back) and I loved Luvu. Felt like him and Hercules made almost every tackle. 

Luvu also flashed in the regular season last year. I was really happy when they decided give him another go this offseason. I love our LB core and especially our young LB depth. It may take Cashman some time to catch on to the regular season pace but him and Luvu should fill in nicely on sub packages and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Luvu also flashed in the regular season last year. I was really happy when they decided give him another go this offseason. I love our LB core and especially our young LB depth. It may take Cashman some time to catch on to the regular season pace but him and Luvu should fill in nicely on sub packages and such.

I’m penciling in Luvu for 6 sacks this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I feel the same way. Wasn't Hansen constantly getting tweet recognition this time last year? 

Hansen excelled during spring OTAs. Cashman has seemingly worked into the starting rotation as a 5th round rookie drafted by the past GM. Fingers are crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

If Cashman as a 5th rounder looks good in the preseason you almost have to move Williamson because of his value. He’s most valuable now as a 27 year-old with 2 years left on a reasonable contract and we don’t have very many players with value.

PFF had Cashman as a second rounder and his combine implies he can do well at the NFL level. It’s too early now but it might not be too early in 3 weeks.

 

Seconded, we have a ridicules amount of money tied up at MLB. If we can get a mid round pick for Avery, I’d do it. Blakemans having a great start and he’s cheap athletic and hungry.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that many times in drafts, there is a big steal at linebacker. A fairly low pick who becomes a stud. OK, it can happen in a lot of positions, but I recall it happening a lot at linebacker, just can't think of examples. Maybe it's our turn to get lucky? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m penciling in Luvu for 6 sacks this year. 

Is this solely because of your expectations of Luvu, or the D as a whole? A lot of teams 6 sacks is a decent year. Recent Jets teams, 6 is damn close to leading the team lol. 

So I guess I'm wondering, if by "6" you're penciling him in as one of the top rushers on the team, or a solid role player? Is that a Jets 6 or a 6 on a good defense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Is this solely because of your expectations of Luvu, or the D as a whole? A lot of teams 6 sacks is a decent year. Recent Jets teams, 6 is damn close to leading the team lol. 

So I guess I'm wondering, if by "6" you're penciling him in as one of the top rushers on the team, or a solid role player? Is that a Jets 6 or a 6 on a good defense? 

 He had 3 last year on a bad defense that was badly coached,  I just think as a situational pass rusher on a better defense with a better DC he’ll double that number. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

 He had 3 last year on a bad defense that was badly coached,  I just think as a situational pass rusher on a better defense with a better DC he’ll double that number. 

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm expecting a jump out of him too. Your post prompted me to think about my predictions for him and I couldn't come up with a number without figuring out what I'm expecting from the D. 

I think Luvu could be a solid role player who benefits from attention given elsewhere on the D. Last season sack leader was 7, which would put Luvu in top 3. When I think of what I'm hoping from this D, I don't think I see him as 2nd in sacks. I guess my point is that I agree with 6 but also expect him to be solid but not top 2 on the team. So 6 means we've finally got a player or two with double digit sacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm expecting a jump out of him too. Your post prompted me to think about my predictions for him and I couldn't come up with a number without figuring out what I'm expecting from the D. 

I think Luvu could be a solid role player who benefits from attention given elsewhere on the D. Last season sack leader was 7, which would put Luvu in top 3. When I think of what I'm hoping from this D, I don't think I see him as 2nd in sacks. I guess my point is that I agree with 6 but also expect him to be solid but not top 2 on the team. So 6 means we've finally got a player or two with double digit sacks

I think we’ll either have a couple of double digit sackers or 3-4 guys with 7 plus sacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

isnt Cashman injured all the time?

how abut we let a rookie stay healthy for 3 games before trading a good starter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure Cashman dropped because he’s made of glass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

New York Jets free-agent acquisition Jamison Crowder is dealing with a foot injury once again.

Crowder left the practice field Monday after injuring his foot -- reporters on the scene indicated it appeared to be his left foot. Coach Adam Gase said after practice that the receiver is being evaluated and will undergo an MRI.

The 26-year-old wideout missed seven games in 2018 while dealing with a right ankle injury with the Washington Redskins.

An ankle is now a foot?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're trading people away for a LB that the board killed Macc for drafting.  Because he wouldnt stay healthy I think it was.

Two days on the practice notes and now hes a stud, a big steal

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nico002 said:

Pretty sure Cashman dropped because he’s made of glass...

No Cashman dropped because he only had 1 season of production and he was a walk on at Minnesota. He was supposed to test poorly. Things like this happen all the time. The system is pretty flawed. That being said, Cashman has been injured but played in every game last year and had his surgeries before last college season. He’s been healthy for over a season now. 

 

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We're trading people away for a LB that the board killed Macc for drafting.  Because he wouldnt stay healthy I think it was.

Two days on the practice notes and now hes a stud, a big steal

LOL

First of all. Very few people here knew who Blake Cashman was when we drafted him. People called him a special teamer when he was one of the top off ball linebacker prospects for anyone doing a deep dive into those prospects. 

Secondly, Cashman can be very good and still be a bad draft pick. He was a bad pick because we had just spent a boatload if money on Mosley, a lot of Williamson the year before, we still had Darron Lee and we re-signed Neville Hewitt. That’s a lot of resources before adding Cashman to the mix.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...