Bowles vs Gase Differnces

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, that makes no sense.  no one ever said, hey anyone has looked good so far but I still despise him because its only 3.

I bet you would have no problem talking up a player after a few practices.  Or Darnold, etc

Its backwards. You wont give Gase any credit after 5 months, after a whole lot more than 3 practices, after all the props he gets from the players and media because you despise him.  

Your prerogative, just own it

I’m almost always on the same page with you, nut, but I think you’re not being fair to him here.

If you feel like he isn’t giving Gase the benefit of the doubt, that’s one thing, and I could see you having an issue with that. But to claim he despises Gase simply because he wasn’t impressed with him in Miami, or isn’t as excited about him yet as you are? Or you think he should be?

Despise? Thats not being fair, and you’re a lot better then that.

45 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m almost always on the same page with you, nut, but I think you’re not being fair to him here.

If you feel like he isn’t giving Gase the benefit of the doubt, that’s one thing, and I could see you having an issue with that. But to claim he despises Gase simply because he wasn’t impressed with him in Miami, or isn’t as excited about him yet as you are? Or you think he should be?

Despise? Thats not being fair, and you’re a lot better then that.

That's fine but I've taken it from what he's said.  He used the word despise and has talked about his 3 seasons many times.  He said after 3 practices, which with today really aren't 7.  Not counting camps and 6 months of pressers and interviews.  If we were to look at it fairly people should be at least starting to get a feel for him.  Not just saying they despise him. 

But as I said, given what I wanted in our next HC it had to be Gase or McCarthy and to me Gase became the choice.  But that's me 

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No one had a problem w/ bowles after his 1st training camp and a 10 win season.  Warts came out later.

Lets see how this plays out b4 we crown gase the next bill bellichek.

I recently read a quote from Mike Westhoff when critiquing Bowles during his 1st year,”the guy doesn’t know how to make any adjustments, he’s going to be a disaster”....and that carried on for all 4 LONG years.  Bowles will retire after Arians does as he will if Arians is fired.  Either that or go back to being an assistant D back coach, which he won’t do.  Arians is the only guy who would hire him for a DC job, and since Tampa doesn’t have 10 All Pros on D like Arizona did when Bowles coached there, it’s going to be a long season in Tampa.

The “10 win season” was a joke, if the Jets played just an average schedule it would have been the usual 10+ losses that 1st season.

Gase may not be the next Belichick but he’s very intelligent.  There will be a long string of playoff runs since this is the 2nd time he has coached a Franchise QB in Sam Darnold.

The vibe is so much different from that crew of check-cashing mopes all over the sidelines over the last 4 years.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No one had a problem w/ bowles after his 1st training camp and a 10 win season.  Warts came out later.

Lets see how this plays out b4 we crown gase the next bill bellichek.

not true at all. His game management in his first year was terrible and it seemed to get worse, not better, as the years went on. He was a terrible hire from day 1

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Bowles deserves way too much blame for that game. His 17MM CB played the worst game of his career against Watkins, and both Powell and Ivory were hurt leaving the offense one dimensional.

Even despite all of this the Jets win this game if Fitzpatrick doesn’t throw an awful 4th quarter INT. 

Which Einstein asked Revis to play 12 yards off the LOS and give Watkins the underneath all game long w/o help. Bowles may have been a smart coach at the chalkboard but when his schemes broke down he was either too stubborn or too stupid to fix them.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2019 at 10:09 AM, WayneChrebet80 said:

Bowles deserves way too much blame for that game. His 17MM CB played the worst game of his career against Watkins, and both Powell and Ivory were hurt leaving the offense one dimensional.

Even despite all of this the Jets win this game if Fitzpatrick doesn’t throw an awful 4th quarter INT. 

Revis was healthy, so what would cause that, coaching? loyalty to coach on the other side? other coaches found ways to scheme around injured players? Bills had a strong run defense so why so many attempts? 

The 4th quarter meltdown became Bowles signature, regardless of QB, Jets were outscored in the 4th quarter most of the time in the last 4 years 

21 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

The team came out flat and unprepared seeking their first playoff appearance in 5 years.  The only guy who looked like he wanted it was Brandon Marshall.  It was a spectacular coaching failure as Bowles was badly outcoached by the guy he replaced.