Donald Penn close to signing with Washington

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

You gotta do what you gotta do. If your starter is holding out, it only makes sense to have a backup plan. Dallas just did the same thing at RB. 

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Good.  Phase 1 complete.  Now Gruden can 'stick it to the Giants' by trading Trent Williams to the Jets for a mid-round pick.

Trent Williams on this team.... Do it Douglas.... 

Also I care nothing about the Giants in this scenario, Gruden can help the JETS

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Good.  Phase 1 complete.  Now Gruden can 'stick it to the Giants' by trading Trent Williams to the Jets for a mid-round pick.

The Redskins aren’t doing anything with Trent Williams , until Donald Penn prove he’s up to the task. 

He looks like anything he did with the Raiders last year, don’t expect Trent Williams to be going anywhere.

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The Redskins aren’t doing anything with Trent Williams , until Donald Penn prove he’s up to the task.  

He looks like anything he did with the Raiders last year, don’t expect Trent Williams to be going anywhere. 

At the very least, it's insurance for however long the Williams holdout lasts, and isn't good news for the Redskins. 

It doesn't necessarily mean Williams is headed anywhere but it does likely mean the holdout will be a prolonged one. 

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I'm pretty sure that last years Donald Penn is better than not having a LT, which is exactly where the Redskins are at.

When should I expect the Jalen Ramsey trade to be announced?  Before or after Williams? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm pretty sure that last years Donald Penn is better than not having a LT, which is exactly where the Redskins are at.

When should I expect the Jalen Ramsey trade to be announced?  Before or after Williams? 

I heard the Jets will do a combined press conference.  You know....holding up the new jerseys, Gase and Douglas standing there for pictures with the two of them.

Meanwhile, all this is happening while Gregg Williams is outside running practices and screaming at everyone.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Trent Williams isn’t going anywhere- only way if Donald Penn proves to the Donald Penn of old. Wishful thinking.

Let’s see If T Williams is willing to sit out the season , as that’s tough thing for any lineman on the wrong side of thirty to do. I  say Trent Williams is the Redskins starting Lt week one.

Again let’s see what happens with J Ramsey .

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Trent Williams isn’t going anywhere- only way if Donald Penn proves to the Donald Penn of old. Wishful thinking.

Donald Penn's performance has almost zero to do with whether Trent Williams is a Redskin or not on Week 1.  For all we know, Geron Christian (2018 3rd rounder) could win the LT job over Penn if it comes down to a competition.

The point is they're preparing for life without Trent Williams, whether via holdout or after trading him. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Donald Penn's performance has almost zero to do with whether Trent Williams is a Redskin or not on Week 1.  For all we know, Geron Christian (2018 3rd rounder) could win the LT job over Penn if it comes down to a competition.

The point is they're preparing for life without Trent Williams, whether via holdout or after trading him. 

No what it says the Redskins need a Lt (insurance policy) , and there isn’t anything out there right now.     ( why take a chance on Penn). 

Now if they thought Geron Christian was ready to be an answer at Lt do you think they sign Donald Penn? Of course not . 

Thats like saying the Cowboys are prepared to move from Z Elliot because they signed some scrub Rb.  Cowboys aren’t winning anything without their star rb, ( easiest position to fill) just like Redskins aren’t winning games without Trent Williams either.( much harder position to fill.

54 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Let’s see If T Williams is willing to sit out the season , as that’s tough thing for any lineman on the wrong side of thirty to do. I  say Trent Williams is the Redskins starting Lt week one.

Again let’s see what happens with J Ramsey .

As usual, you really have no clue about what's going on you just have an opinion because it's a Raider tie.  Williams is furious with the Redskins and their relationship is completely broken and he's literally not on speaking terms with their staff.   He feels the medical staff screwed him over.  It's a trust factor.  Rumors are, he would sit out because he's that pissed at the team.  It would actually give him a full season to heal.  

In addition to Donald Penn, the Redskins signed Corey Robinson just last week.  So while you're extra confident in Trent Williams and have intimate knowledge about how the Redskins feel about the situation; the optics tell a different story.

Thanks for your contribution though.  I look forward to watching Jalen Ramsey battle for DPOY on the Jags this season.. 

• Upvote 1