Training Camp Tweets (7/31)

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

McCown, Petty and Hack.  Duh!

Must have been the day Hack finally found the ocean.  Or the day when he almost hit the reporters on the sideline.  Might have been his best throw as a Jet.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Sounds good until you factor in that Macc did not have a Plan B.  He let Myers walk but didn't target another competent kicker.  Do you believe Catanzaro will put up similar numbers to Myers this year?

I think I answered this in my edit, but yeah.  Probably.  I am not a big Catanzaro fan, but the reason they went to Myers is that Catanzaro had lingering leg issues all preseason.  I hope they find somebody better on the waiver wire, but Catanzaro is around 83.8% on FG in his career, Myers is at 84.2%.  Myers was at 91.7% last year, but I wouldn't expect him to keep that up.  He was actually worse on extra points in 2018 at 90.9% with a career 87%.   Catanzaro hits them at 92.9%.  Myers certainly isn't worth an extra $2M cap space IMO. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

When you read about guys like Crowder and Montgomery having great days catching the ball in camp, it's really an indictment of our defense in the middle of the field being meh. Crowder and Montgomery are decent players, but they're here dominating our expensive ILBs and safeties.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think I answered this in my edit, but yeah.  Probably.  I am not a big Catanzaro fan, but the reason they went to Myers is that Catanzaro had lingering leg issues all preseason.  I hope they find somebody better on the waiver wire, but Catanzaro is around 83.8% on FG in his career, Myers is at 84.2%.  Myers was at 91.7% last year, but I wouldn't expect him to keep that up.  He was actually worse on extra points in 2018 at 90.9% with a career 87%.   Catanzaro hits them at 92.9%.  Myers certainly isn't worth an extra $2M cap space IMO. 

Factor in that XPs moved way back recently so comparing last year to career averages isn't really apples to apples.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When you read about guys like Crowder and Montgomery having great days catching the ball in camp, it's really an indictment of our defense in the middle of the field being meh. Crowder and Montgomery are decent players, but they're here dominating our expensive ILBs and safeties.  

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying we are used to hearing about the defense taking a steamy dump all over the offense in camp followed by a chorus of "the defense is always ahead this time of year".

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let me put it this way: Gase was the best coach the Jets could have hired based on who would have taken the job, and simply by staging the coup and bringing in highly-regarded personnel execs (and getting them $$$PAID$$$) has brought about a massive and unexpected culture change. The alternative was having Matt Rhule quoting scripture here with Maccagnan walking the sidelines with his coffee cup and a few hundred headlines about how pissed Gregg Williams is that he's working for a relatively unaccomplished college guy.

He's the Coach.  The time for analysis of options is long past.

We ALL hope he is successful now.

Really is that simple to me.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or is it Darnold dominating the defense with incredible placement? They’re not elite, but they are good players when they’re with good QBs. 

• Upvote 1