kelly

Trent Williams Redskins LT: MERGED

There ain't NO WAY IN HELL that JD isn't inquiring about Trent Williams. Pulling off a trade is another thing altogether but he just coaxed Kalil out of retirement & to PLAY FOR THE NY JETS!

Can you imagine ANY player wanting to come out of retirement & play for the Jets in 2014? 

The Jets are now a DESTINATION. He'd line up next to one of the coolest Oline veterans in the league in KO, plus have Ryan Kalil around. This Trent Williams dream isn't over until the fat lady sings. 

Joe Douglas saw how a veteran oline helped Wentz & Goff out in LA. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2019 at 8:53 PM, Rolloffjet said:

Why is everyone trying to trade Avery Williamson just because Cashman has a good camp don’t mean we should trade one of our young better players. He was a stud last year now teaming up cj is great. Cashman will get his chance in nickel and dime why rush him in. I understand Trent Williams is good but just say no to trading Avery 

Because good MLB's are expendable and easily replaced.

Trent Williams, on the other hand, is an elite player that plays the 2nd most important position on the field.

But don't worry, I don't think Redskins have any interest in Williamson.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 8:17 AM, Skeptable said:

Why is everyone so hot to throw in Williamson.. He was the jets best LB last year... That's just dumb

Trent Williams is worth much more than Beachum, Williamson & a 5th rounder.

Washington would be insane to accept that deal.

2 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Guys that decide they are not playing for a team and who are going to be or are being paid a lot go for a lot less than their value at times.  That to go along with his injury history suggests to me wash is not going to get top dollar.  This is not antonio brown, odell or mack here.

In any case it would be prudent to inquire.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

That would be making a lot of assumptions .  Ryan Kalil hasn’t been the same player he was the last couple of years.  K Osemele was traded because he was a bad fit in the Raiders zone blocking scheme( Jets run different zone blocking scheme?).   Trent Williams has missed a lot of games to injury.  ( when you’re on the wrong side of thirty that happens it’s a clear warning side the end might be near).

Again I understand the thought process why you would be happy with these additions on the offense line , but you really won’t know till this group plays together.

Lets all sing if I can turn back time.

Fair point for sure. I’m just all about developing Sam and putting him in the best position to be successful and protected. Gonna be interesting to see what Joe Douglas offers 

If Douglas can land Williams i'm not sure i'll be able to contain my excitement for this season. A year ago we were working with Beachum, a broken down Carpenter and Long(lol)/Harrison, and to go from that to possibly Trent-Osemele-Kalil would be nothing short of amazing.

Osemele was tossing defenders around in the training camp videos, can't wait to.see him play.

• Like 2

A source told NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay that Trent Williams is "not coming back. Period."

According to Finlay, Williams is willing to stretch his holdout into the regular season. Williams is reportedly upset about his contract and has lost faith in the front office and medical staff. With Williams seemingly serious about seeing this holdout to the end, Washington could be forced to trade him over the next couple weeks.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Guys that decide they are not playing for a team and who are going to be or are being paid a lot go for a lot less than their value at times.  That to go along with his injury history suggests to me wash is not going to get top dollar.  This is not antonio brown, odell or mack here.

In any case it would be prudent to inquire.

Agreed. But teams just don't trade away elite left tackles (at least I can't remember one being traded away).

Antonio and Odell were malcontents that brought drama to their respective locker rooms. Not the case with Trent Williams.

My point is we have to pay for this guy. And I can't see Washington trading Williams away for anything less than a 2nd rounder.

37 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Agreed. But teams just don't trade away elite left tackles (at least I can't remember one being traded away).

Antonio and Odell were malcontents that brought drama to their respective locker rooms. Not the case with Trent Williams.

My point is we have to pay for this guy. And I can't see Washington trading Williams away for anything less than a 2nd rounder.

Texans traded Duane Brown and a 5th rounder to the Seahawks for a 2nd rounder in 2017.  Brown has 4 Pro Bowls and 1 All Pro selection on his resume and was 31 at the time of the trade.  That's probably a decent comp for Trent Williams or as close as I can come up with.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

Haha... Disgruntled employee ain't worth sh*t if he won't play for you...