Poole torched by Crowder all day

22 minutes ago, RobR said:

I'll be looking forward to your posts next March after your Raiders implode yet again.

It's like clockwork around here. You give us names like M hunt, J Shcmoe, and then they inevitably fail, like the last 17 years.

You stop posting during the season

You start posting after the Jets have a bad year and tell us how we are all going to scoop up your scrubs.

You fail every single year, yet you never come back when all of your predictions come up empty.

You were the other one.

It starts with top five offense line.  One best deep throwing Qbs in the game. Ridiculous amount of weapons on offense .   Can kill you with so many different combinations . The Raiders offense might even be more explosive than the Chiefs.       

They can put there  blitzkrieg offense out there Tyrell Williams and Jj Nelson outside with Antonio Brown in the slot .  Te Darren Waller 6'6 255 4.46  - play fantasy football grab him as he a bigger faster Jared Cook  .( his stats will blow Chris Herndon away)   One of there receiving backs Josh Jacobs or  Jalen  Richard either one capable of moving out to Wr.

When you invest in DT, and a team has the interior offense line to neutralize them.     Right than you realized you should have invested more  in the CB, and in pass rushers .  Hey you learn the hard way, and we see if you address those positions  next year.( both teams play again in 2020

• Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Freemanm said:

I just read in the Post that Jamison Crowder was destroying slot corner Brian Poole like all day at camp. Should we be worried about that position? Why haven't we re-signed Morris Claiborne yet? 

https://nypost.com/2019/07/31/sam-darnold-impresses-more-with-each-jets-practice/

In Pooles defense what corner can consistently cover a good slot receiver effectively? The NFL is now set up for QBs and receivers to be successful and the slot is the hardest to cover because the defense doesn't have the time to get near the QB. New England has won multiple superbowls by relying on quick passes to their slot receivers. Not that Poole is is top slot cover guy but who is and what percentage of passes are caught against the best slot corner? Im curious.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

It starts with top five offense line.  One best deep throwing Qbs in the game. Ridiculous amount of weapons on offense .   Can kill you with so many different combinations . The Raiders offense might even be more explosive than the Chiefs.       

They can put there  blitzkrieg offense out there Tyrell Williams and Jj Nelson outside with Antonio Brown in the slot .  Te Darren Waller 6'6 255 4.46  - play fantasy football grab him as he a bigger faster Jared Cook  .( his stats will blow Chris Herndon away)   One of there receiving backs Josh Jacobs or  Jalen  Richard either one capable of moving out to Wr.

When you invest in DT, and a team has the interior offense line to neutralize them.     Right than you realized you should have invested more  in the CB, and in pass rushers .  Hey you learn the hard way, and we see if you address those positions  next year.( both teams play again in 2020

Bro you literally sitting hyping up a TE who has a 178 yards in 3 years . You love talking about 40 times . I’m still waiting for  latavius murray to be as good as you claimed few years ago . 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Nixhead said:

In Pooles defense what corner can consistently cover a good slot receiver effectively? The NFL is now set up for QBs and receivers to be successful and the slot is the hardest to cover because the defense doesn't have the time to get near the QB. New England has won multiple superbowls by relying on quick passes to their slot receivers. Not that Poole is is top slot cover guy but who is and what percentage of passes are caught against the best slot corner? Im curious.

Why do Jet fans love to tear down their own players is my question? Like you stated Poole plays the slot, Gase made his living getting the ball to Jarvis Landry & let him go because he believes he can GET ANY SLOT WR OPEN. The Pats won the Super Bowl because defenses COULD NOT STOP THEIR SLOT WR Edelman. 

When Jamison Crowder signed with the Jets every talking head that FOLLOWS football stated Crowder is an excellent slot WR who runs great routes, is incredibly quick, has great start & stop speed & just needs to stay healthy. Then you add Sam who by all accounts is on fire with his quick reads & accuracy this camp & their running 11 on 11s where you can't hit the QB PRACTICE, we're talking about PRACTICE, and Crowder got the best of Poole one day. So let's forget about the good days Poole had and trash the guy. A lot of you guys wanted to sign Adam Humphries, why? because he plays the slot & had a very good year, Adam Humphries! THAT is the reason Gase let Landry walk, in this new NFL with the defenses hands tied, its REALLY HARD to defend the slot if you don't get pressure up front. It's pretty simple, the QB & WR know where the balls being thrown, the defender has split seconds to guess, it's like a penalty kick in soccer. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Bryce Callahan, who was a free agent is really good at covering slots receivers.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Bryce Callahan, who was a free agent is really good at covering slots receivers.

Bryce Callahan had Khalil Mack chasing QBs at the snap of the ball. Let's give Mack an assist to Bryce competency. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Really because I don't remember him lighting up anyone really in any game ever. I keep hearing he is great but where is the plays to back that up? Stats? Anything? He is a wr3, I guess a good one.

He had like a buck forty against the Giants a few of years ago.  He's had a decent number of 100 yard games.  

He was a WR3 his first two years behind Garcon and DeSean Jackson - even at that he had more targets than Jackson one year and one less the other.  He led the team by a large margin in targets in 2017.  Last year he was 2nd in targets for WRs behind Doctson, but he missed half the year.  He is primarily a slot guy, but that doesn't make him a WR3.

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This is horrible news about our defense and Poole.  He's going to be a disaster!

I see what you did there.  and you are right.  it's weird watching/hearing about these camp practices.  On one hand you're thrilled Tru gets an interception:  "yes!  maybe last year was garbage and he's back!"  but on the other hand: "CRAP!  Sam threw a pick!!"

the roller coaster of emotions is real!!

• Upvote 2

Gase is very happy with Poole.

On what he likes about Brian Poole...

The physicality. The way Gregg's (Williams) system is, that nickel is active, especially in the run game. He's sticking his face in the fan a lot. That's what Brian does. Brian does that, he plays the slot well, he's really good with his leverage, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Occasionally, if he gets beat, it's tight coverage and the guy made a good play. That's what Crowder, I feel like, really loves the fact that he's going against a legit dude every day. It's challenging and Brian's competitive. He fits into that group well.

6 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Bro you literally sitting hyping up a TE who has a 178 yards in 3 years . You love talking about 40 times . I’m still waiting for  latavius murray to be as good as you claimed few years ago . 

I picked Waller at the end of a mock draft when he came out in 2015.  He and Deandre Smelter were both crazy size speed prospects out of Georgia Tech that year.   He has spent more games suspended than he has catches. He is big and fast and Fats Waller's grandson.   He never put it together with the Ravens and seems to have substance abuse issues.  I'm sure that now that he is on a team with a crazed muppet for a coach and sharing lockers with Richie Incognito and Vontaze Burfict that he will be all straightened out.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s cute y’all think CB matters. It’s a scoring league. Sam. Sam. More Sam. Defense is literally there to provide one extra possession to the offense.

Did you watch the SuperBowl? Defense still wins championships.  

5 hours ago, ljr said:

My buddy is a Skins fan too ... as soon as we picked Crowder up he contacted me and said ... “dude ... if this guy stays healthy you are going to LOVE him!”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

if he stays healthy...that is the disconnect. i hope he stays healthy to show us what he can do, but I dont think he really ever has lived up to the ceiling everyone is giving him credit for. Im all for it, but again I dont get the love. its not like we signed Odel or someone that has produced in a big time way. We got potential. that is what I classify it as potentially good player. 

21 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Who needs Cb's , and pass rushers .   The smart GM know middle lb is where you want to invest your capital in.    

Considering every player on the Raiders, top to bottom, is a pro bowl level player waiting to break out, its strange that they just keep sucking year after year. Weird. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Is there any retired CB (without the last name Revis) we might call for help in this department?

considering revis 2.0 s*cked balls I shudder to think what revis 3.0 would look like  :mrgreen:

On 7/31/2019 at 7:22 PM, Skeptable said:

For those saying Poole is not good obviously haven't actually seen him play. Those saying crowder is good and was beating him because crowder is better then people realize is closer to thd truth 

Trying to suggest that one guy is better than the other because of what's happening in some late July practices is just dumb.

• Upvote 2