Training Camp Tweets (8/1)

5 minutes ago, Brady's a catcher said:

I think I remember Bellville being mentioned on the Sopranos. I think Uncle June was screaming at a 411 operator about it, like "Belleville you cocksucker!"

Or not, it was a long time ago...

I think that Italian guy that Carmela was in love with lived there.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Who are the only players on this team that were hold over from prior regimes?

Enunwa and Powell are the only 2 I can think of.

Brian Winters.  That may be it.  We are a pretty young team overall.  McClendon is the only vet with 10 seasons of experience.  Heck, I think replacing McCown with Sieman lowered our team's average age by 6 months :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Brian Winters.  That may be it.  We are a pretty young team overall.  McClendon is the only vet with 10 seasons of experience.  Heck, I think replacing McCown with Sieman lowered our team's average age by 6 months :)

Forgot about Winters.  Wow.  That's terrible.  lol  We've had some real winners running this team.

Everyday the number #1 name on the top performers list is Sam Darnold.

I’m still hoping it’s real, and after decades of disappointment, we have Franchise Quarterback. I think he is the real deal, and it’s about Time!!!

Great to see the rookies light it up, and Deontay Burnett is my camp crush, along with Blake Ca$hman..

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

I still don’t know anything about Tim White 

WR

TIM WHITE

ARIZONA STATE  PAC-12

Photo of Tim White

fb-like.png
share-button.png

View Prospects By Name By Position By College By Grade 
GRADE
5.1?

• 5'11"HEIGHT
  • 175LBS.WEIGHT

OVERVIEW

Despite growing up in a difficult family situation, White excelled in football and track in high school and carried forward that excellence in college. He started his career at College of the Canyons, earning first-team all-California junior college notice in 2014 (55-667, eight TD receiving, 28 yards per kick return). White also broke the CC long jump record at a shade under 24 feet. In his first year with the Sun Devils, he averaged 27 yards per kickoff return and set the ASU record for kick return yardage (972). White also caught eight touchdown passes (57 catches, 633 yards in total), including two against West Virginia in the Cactus Bowl. His numbers were down slightly in 2016 (56-713, two TD; 21.5 yards per kick return), but the talent was still evident to scouts. White also participated in track and field in Tempe, placing fourth in the triple jump in the NCAA championships. He attempted to make the Rio Olympic team in that event, as well.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Collegiate triple-jumper with good speed and great explosiveness. Plays fast when attacking down the field. Early accelerator off the line of scrimmage and runs with a smooth gait. Has ability to hit second gear and climb over cornerback. Tape shows a quality ball tracker able to adjust his route and body to the throw. Has unusually large hands for his size. Bouncy feet help trigger quick escapes when challenged by press corners. Operates with good foot quickness in and out of his breaks with a whip route that can put cornerbacks in a trailing position. Talented return man with two years of experience as both a kick and punt returner at Arizona State.

WEAKNESSES

Frame is a little lanky and lacking desired play strength. Scouts question his ability to secure throws in the noise over the middle. Tabbed with 11 drops over the last two seasons. Utilized more on first and third levels. Lacks experience of complex, intermediate routes. Utilized as catch-and-run option, but was unable to fight through arm tackles consistently enough with the ball in his hands. Doesn't appear to have sudden, lateral burst to get away from coverage and hit the home run on punt returns.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 7-PFA

BOTTOM LINE

White is a slot wide receiver with the vertical speed and ball skills to occasionally push out wide and challenge down the field. He could use more play strength and will almost assuredly get challenged by a more physical brand of cornerback than he saw in at Arizona State. While his return ability gives his draft stock a bump, his tape also shows a measure of natural talent as a receiver who can create some separation. If he finds the right team fit, White could carve out a role as a fourth or fifth receiver and return man. -Lance Zierlein
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Everyday the number #1 name on the top performers list is Sam Darnold.

I’m still hoping it’s real, and after decades of disappointment, we have Franchise Quarterback. I think he is the real deal, and it’s about Time!!!

Great to see the rookies light it up, and Deontay Burnett is my camp crush, along with Blake Ca$hman..

I can't help thinking how Sam in year two is emulating the same type of throws as Patrick Mahommes did in his second year. Throwing darts on the run, across his body to the left, making smart decisions, etc. Would be nice ... 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I think I remember Bellville being mentioned on the Sopranos. I think Uncle June was screaming at a 411 operator about it, like "Belleville you cocksucker!"
Or not, it was a long time ago...
"Been farting into the same couch cushion for 6 months"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Love seeing Williams/Polite stand out. They may be the keys to the defense this year. If we have weak CBs, we will need Williams to emerge as a stud who can generate pressure from the inside while we need Polite to emerge as, at the very least, a situational force off the edge. 

If you have talent & can get open and catch the ball your going to shine with Sam flinging it to you. Have we EVER been able to put this much speed out there on offense? So, imagine that Dortch & Cannon make the squad, Sam & Bell are balling, Crowder, Quincy, Anderson, Herndon are a handful! Now imagine Gase with game plan specific plays when he knows a defense is tired at LB. If he can design plays for guys giving breathers to Bell, TY, Anderson, with Cannon & Dortch, those 2 guys have SCARY SPEED when they get out in the open. 

This could be the most versatile offense we've ever seen because of Sams abilities. With misdirection you can wreak havoc when guys with Cannon & Dortch quickness & burst. Especially in 2nd halves of games when you've already got a lead & you keep the hammer down. 1 missed tackle & we're playing ball over the 50 like that. 

Sam even mentioned it in his interviews, DICTATE, force the defense to adjust to you, then when they adjust, bam, they look up & your in a 4 WR set with Bell or TY in the backfield & your looking at an all hands group. They adjust & bam, your in a 2 TE set with Herndon & Wesco with Bell & TY and 1 of the backs goes in motion into the slot. 

I can't f*cking wait for this season to start. Gase seems to me like a guy that is imagining the possibilities after 1 week into camp after seeing Sams development so far. Obviously he doesn't want to overwhelm him but we might actually try to OUTSCORE THE PATRIOTS. How about that? instead of going into a game with the mindset of KEEPING IT CLOSE to eke one out in the last minute. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I can't help thinking how Sam in year two is emulating the same type of throws as Patrick Mahommes did in his second year. Throwing darts on the run, across his body to the left, making smart decisions, etc. Would be nice ... 

I don't think we'll see another Mahommes for a long time. He's a special kind of special. 

Darnold seems to be pretty good though. Hopefully we finally have our guy.

Jets don’t want to get on kicker carousel

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 1, 2019, 9:21 AM EDT

gettyimages-898112934-e1552652304322.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets are having kicker problems at the moment. But not nearly to the extent to make them want to make a change.

Via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, coach Adam Gase remains confident in Chandler Catanzaro after a rough stretch of practices which saw him miss a pair of field goals yesterday, and three in a row in an earlier practice.

He had a really good spring,” Gase said of Catanzaro. “That’s a part of training camp. You start working through things. Sometimes that happens. We got an experienced guy that’s had success. So, this group feels good about what he’s done in the past and what he’s done in this organization before and what he’s done out here starting the spring. We evaluate not just training camp . . . We got to use all our information that we’ve gathered since the spring.”

The Jets brought Catanzaro back after letting Jason Myers walk into free agency and all the way to Seattle. Myers made the Pro Bowl last year (with an NFL record five field goals of 55 yards or more, and a 97.1 percent accuracy mark), but the Jets apparently didn’t want to invest their considerable cap space into the position.

Gase said he wasn’t inclined to bring in another kicker for competition at this point, and not turning the position into a Bears-like circus might be the right call, as long as Catanzaro turns things around.