Ryan Kalil coming out of retirement!

19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Glad we aren't rushing him too fast. although in a perfect world we could of signed him a couple weeks ago but still has time to get back in playing shape and learn the offense, is a bright guy.  Also im pretty sure he kept himself in shape

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Glad we aren't rushing him too fast. although in a perfect world we could of signed him a couple weeks ago but still has time to get back in playing shape and learn the offense, is a bright guy.  Also im pretty sure he kept himself in shape

was going to say I don't expect him to play in the first couple of exhibition games regardless.  Center runs the Oline so if he hasn't mastered the playbook he shouldn't be out there.  He is learning a new system.

34 minutes ago, Drums said:

Sometimes I go to other boards to check out their opinions, and what I tend to find is sometimes there hasn’t been a post in days, even though they are the first ones to pop up on google. This is a great forum. 

Just a thought but maybe it's because those people are outside doing things.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 7561526667 said:

If Khalil passes his physical today, his coming on board reminds me of when Alan Faneca signed with the Jets. 32 years old at the time, while Faneca wasn't as dominant as he was with the Steelers, he was good enough to bring great value to the team.

Maybe Faneca's biggest contribution was playing between D'Brick and Mangold, as he was a great veteran presence for those two guys in particular, and that offense in general.

I can definitely see Khalil bringing that same type of impact and influence to this Jets squad.

Bingo! Fanaca was past his prime but he did wonders for the Jets O - Line. Ryan Kalil will do the same. He will make our whole offense better. This is a great signing!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

It's an exclusive club indeed. If you don't know how to click the "I accept the terms button" well, if you don't know you don't know.

I accept the terms. I just get frustrated, because some of what i read, by good posters, is clearly based on a over the top bias.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

dude, this is the Kalil thread.  Why you arguing with someone about Jamal Adams in THIS thread?  Can't you control yourself?  You ALWAYS take the bait and divert threads to tangential topics.  It's really annoying.  You do it in almost every thread that you get into arguments. (Which is almost always).  

Stick to the thread topic.  Pretty Please.  

I argue?  You mean like you're trying to do with this post?  The one that ignores those that brought up Adams being a waste after I listed him as pretty much untouchable?  And they want to argue that he isn't good?  Those kinds of arguments.

If you're going to break someone's balls pick the ones that deserve it.  If you want we can argue about it.  I suggest you move on, you sound like a fool with this.  start a fight with someone who actually did what you imagined they did.  Responding to a direct quote isn't diverting a thread, what did I do respond a couple of times to 2 posts?.  Which, in case you need clarification want an argument.  Just you, you seem to want one, try someone else

Don't like what I have to say, skip over it. 

• Thumb Down 3

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I argue? 

Yes, you argue all the time.  Here, you are trying to turn a thread about Kalil into yet another ridiculous, boring argument on whether or not Adams is worth it.  And you change the topic in like every single thread you participate in from whatever the topic was originally about into what you feel like arguing about.  At least stick to the topic or move your Adams argument into an Adams thread. It's like having an eternal annoying mosquito in every single thread.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Jets723 said:

To be fair Paradis didn’t want to come here.  Didn’t like going to a big city like NY.  Look I’m not defending Macc.  I agree he ignored the oline far too long, made some terrible signings like Trumaine Johnson, and most of his mid round picks were misses  However to be fair he did some good things and added some important pieces we have now. Obviously I’m very happy to have Douglas because his background is impressive from where he came from.  

Thank you for your sane post and it is not Ill mannered as some others have been. 

But I still disagree. 

First and foremost I wanted MacCagnan to succeed big time.  Why?

Because first and foremost I am a Jets fan and second I was really hoping that Mccagnan  had a real long term plan unlike IMO the last 3 GMs who had preceded him   

So despite what some posters are saying I am certainly not happy that McCagnan was inadequate here that is just my assessment.  

You note that he did some things right here and I would say YES you are correct but if we used the criteria “that he did somethings right” Rich Kotite might still be the HC of the NY Jets. 

Simple.....You cant look at McCagnan’s failure to address the OL in a vacuum you must look at his neglect in terms of horrible QB acquisitions prior to last year’s draft. 

Again IMO... No sound team would have relied on Ryan Fitzpatrick and then Josh McCown to be your starters not at that point in their careers. Miami and Cleveland were not teams that I think we should have been emulating.

For the record I wanted Fitzpatrick picked up by the Jets because I lived in Buffalo, followed him and knew that he could give you quality play if called upon but even I knew that he is ALWAYS fools gold if you are relying upon him for extended play. Go to BillsMafia message board and see it what I am saying is crazy   

Indeed McCagnan stuck with Fitzpatrick  and initially McCown because he, McCagnan, wanted to prove that his magic pick in “Hackenberg” was truly a big win and a hidden gem.   Again I too wanted Hack picked by the Jets but NOT in the second round.  

OK let’s say McCagnan loved the pick!

Loved it!!

I get it GMs make mistakes, fall in love with players they shouldn’t all the time and guess what they also get fired to when they screw up the QB position for three years when they have a chance to fix it!

The Hack pick was a mistake but the unforgivable sin was Mac’s insistence that the organization stick with the pick when the coaches including Bowles was trying to cover for this nonsense.  

Again let me be clear, Mac proved he was a poor GM when he failed to move on from his blunder and then magically doubled down on the port decision by passing over quality draft picks that could have stabilized the QB position and saved us draft picks.   

So no one is crucifying MAC, or happy he failed. I just don’t want to romanticize a nice and decent man into wrongly being fired George Young. 

Lets Go Jets!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you for your sane post and it is not Ill mannered as some others have been. 

But I still disagree. 

First and foremost I wanted MacCagnan to succeed big time.  Why?

Because first and foremost I am a Jets fan and second I was really hoping that Mccagnan  had a real long term plan unlike IMO the last 3 GMs who had preceded him   

So despite what some posters are saying I am certainly not happy that McCagnan was inadequate here that is just my assessment.  

You note that he did some things right here and I would say YES you are correct but if we used the criteria “that he did somethings right” Rich Kotite might still be the HC of the NY Jets. 

Simple.....You cant look at McCagnan’s failure to address the OL in a vacuum you must look at his neglect in terms of horrible QB acquisitions prior to last year’s draft. 

Again IMO... No sound team would have relied on Ryan Fitzpatrick and then Josh McCown to be your starters not at that point in their careers. Miami and Cleveland were not teams that I think we should have been emulating.

For the record I wanted Fitzpatrick picked up by the Jets because I lived in Buffalo, followed him and knew that he could give you quality play if called upon but even I knew that he is ALWAYS fools gold if you are relying upon him for extended play. Go to BillsMafia message board and see it what I am saying is crazy   

Indeed McCagnan stuck with Fitzpatrick  and initially McCown because he, McCagnan, wanted to prove that his magic pick in “Hackenberg” was truly a big win and a hidden gem.   Again I too wanted Hack picked by the Jets but NOT in the second round.  

OK let’s say McCagnan loved the pick!

Loved it!!

I get it GMs make mistakes, fall in love with players they shouldn’t all the time and guess what they also get fired to when they screw up the QB position for three years when they have a chance to fix it!

The Hack pick was a mistake but the unforgivable sin was Mac’s insistence that the organization stick with the pick when the coaches including Bowles was trying to cover for this nonsense.  

Again let me be clear, Mac proved he was a poor GM when he failed to move on from his blunder and then magically doubled down on the port decision by passing over quality draft picks that could have stabilized the QB position and saved us draft picks.   

So no one is crucifying MAC, or happy he failed. I just don’t want to romanticize a nice and decent man into wrongly being fired George Young. 

Lets Go Jets!!

I’m not sure what you disagree on.  I never said Macc should still be here.  I pointed out his mistakes and neglect of the oline. I simply stated he added some key pieces for us like Sam, Quinnen,Adams,Bell, Mosley, Leo, Henry Anderson, etc.  just because I give him credit for those moves doesn’t mean I’m pleading his case

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

I accept the terms. I just get frustrated, because some of what i read, by good posters, is clearly based on a over the top bias.

We're just getting out of the crazy season and it's an interesting time as a Jets fan with all the change in the front office and Sam in year two. Lots of emotion and energy flying around. Things will settle down.

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yes, you argue all the time.  Here, you are trying to turn a thread about Kalil into yet another ridiculous, boring argument on whether or not Adams is worth it.  And you change the topic in like every single thread you participate in from whatever the topic was originally about into what you feel like arguing about.  At least stick to the topic or move your Adams argument into an Adams thread. It's like having an eternal annoying mosquito in every single thread.

Dude, you're the one arguing.  With yourself.  Do yourself a favor, say you were wrong and move the F on.  Are you seriously saying I brought Adams into this?  Illiterate or just a lack of comprehension skills. How was the subject changed?  Other than what you've managed to do. 

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I always get reminded of this sketch.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Because he’s incompetent..

He traded for KO, not more than 4 months ago. What are you talking about??He tried to work out a deal for Khalil Mack, but decided the price was too high. More Mac derangement syndrome.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just a thought but maybe it's because those people are outside doing things.

I used to do that.  Then I hit 50.  Since then I tore a rotator cuff playing golf, broke 4 ribs in a cycling accident, got concussed in another cycling accident, compartment syndrome in my leg from running, stress fracture in my elbow, and I am dealing with tendonitis in my shoulder right now.  

Sitting on the couch, drinking beer and posting on JN is about all I can handle these days.  Although I will probably end up with carpal tunnel.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/1/2019 at 2:40 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's because players don't come out of retirement to play for Vinny/Geno/Chad/Sanchez/Fitz/Mccown, they do come out of retirement for this:

tenor.gif

Bro Vinny and chad had Mawae....  whats with the hate on previous Jets qbs that contributed to some good years in our franchises limited success 

8 hours ago, zonajetfan said:

What this move signifies is that Joe Douglas and Adam Gase feel this team has a chance to make some noise this season. Signing this guy to this contract is a "one of the last pieces of the puzzle" type move.

Maybe. Or it could just mean they want to do everything they can to make sure Sam makes it to next year where the OL can REALLY be addressed the right way.  Not taking any chances with Sam's health is about as appropriate of a mindset as we could want from our new leadership. 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

I used to do that.  Then I hit 50.  Since then I tore a rotator cuff playing golf, broke 4 ribs in a cycling accident, got concussed in another cycling accident, compartment syndrome in my leg from running, stress fracture in my elbow, and I am dealing with tendonitis in my shoulder right now.  

Sitting on the couch, drinking beer and posting on JN is about all I can handle these days.  Although I will probably end up with carpal tunnel.

That’s what you get for ****in’ exercising.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, genot said:

He traded for KO, not more than 4 months ago. What are you talking about??He tried to work out a deal for Khalil Mack, but decided the price was too high. More Mac derangement syndrome.

The guy pulled off nothing. He wasn’t a very good GM. He got to pick mostly in the top 6 picks during his tender. It’s not hard to get the first round pick right.

After that all bets are off since he had no idea about drafting for need. He underrated the Oline. He loved space eating Dlinemen over Edge rushers, picking two Safeties in a row. I could go on.

I like Kelechi Osemele, but let’s get the optics right, he has a bad year last year, and was a big cap hit for the Raiders who where clearly trying to clear the cap space.

He could never pull off a trade down, or hit with the big trade. I’m glad he’s gone he’s run his course. 

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Bingo! Fanaca was past his prime but he did wonders for the Jets O - Line. Ryan Kalil will do the same. He will make our whole offense better. This is a great signing!

Faneca was pretty meh here he was just better than Adrien Clarke which isn’t tough to do