KRL Camp Notes (8/1/19)

KRL

2 hours ago, thshadow said:

I appreciate the info about Polite.  It doesn't sound like he's dogging it or lazy or anything, he's just having rookie struggles.  So his ceiling is still good, he just has to get the mental aspect down.

I wanted cajuste and winovich so bad. Instead the Pats got them. Here's hoping Polite isn't the lazy player some claimed he was. 

17 hours ago, KRL said:

General Notes

- A couple of back end roster guys deserve a mention:

* Tim White (WR) had a couple of nice catches 
  * Tevaughn Campbell (CB) with good coverage and a couple of PBU's
  * Neville Hewitt (LB) with a couple of TFL's

I heard a report that Peake had a big drop at practice yesterday, but it was mentioned that he was having a very strong camp.  That seemed odd to me as it was literally the first piece I've heard about him at all and I was thinking he was as good as gone.  

Do you have any insight on Peake in general? Does he have a shot or are the new guys and Burnet making him expendable this year? 

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I heard a report that Peake had a big drop at practice yesterday, but it was mentioned that he was having a very strong camp.  That seemed odd to me as it was literally the first piece I've heard about him at all and I was thinking he was as good as gone.  

Do you have any insight on Peake in general? Does he have a shot or are the new guys and Burnet making him expendable this year? 

To me Peake would only make the team if Boyer demands that he stays for his special teams

ability.  As far as being a WR he hasn't been standing out

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, KRL said:

To me Peake would only make the team if Boyer demands that he stays for his special teams

ability.  As far as being a WR he hasn't been standing out

got it.  Thanks.  That's sort of how it's felt from my end but I haven't been there to see anything.  I was surprised to hear that he's been having a strogn camp beause the big drop was the only thing that's made its way out here. 

That said, I think Boyer would make more of a case for Cannon than Peake. His days may be numbered.