NY Area Deadheads: FYI

On 8/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

I live less than 10 mins away from the Capitol Theater in Westchester and am so upset that I missed John Mayer playing with the Dead last year. My wife's cousin was getting married that weekend and I couldn't go. I love Mayer's non mainstream stuff anyway, and it would have been cool to see him play with them.

This John Meyer clip is funny

https://vaaju.com/aus/john-mayer-press-conference-damned-after-milwaukee-concert/

Just saw this show I saw in 91 on the big screen last night, what a show. ......If you haven't seen DSO they are pretty good at what they do they are at the Pony 8/10/19...duplicating another great GS show 7/9/89......I was skeptical at first. Beggars can't be choosers. Seen over 350...JGB/GD/RH shows they are pretty good, second to the movie.Message_1564750560679.thumb.jpg.33c2febaf71d54bcf523e554a6b1dd74.jpg

Did you go to the show at the Pony this past Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I once gave Bob Weir a ride from the airport to Suwannee music festival when I was in college volunteering for free tickets.  He was there with Rat Dog and was traveling seperate for some reason.  Me and my buddy were kind of standing around looking for something to do and then all of a sudden this big wig from the event comes out screaming about how Bob Weir needs a ride from the airport.  He's landing in 3 hours.  Who can go get him?  We're like, ummmm, we can!!!  

So, I got to spend 2 hours in a car with Bob.  We tried to ask him questions and get him to tell stories but he wasnt really having it.  He would just say, "oh, man, it was wild" basically to every question we asked.  lol  

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, JiF said:

I once gave Bob Weir a ride from the airport to Suwannee music festival when I was in college volunteering for free tickets.  He was there with Rat Dog and was traveling seperate for some reason.  Me and my buddy were kind of standing around looking for something to do and then all of a sudden this big wig from the event comes out screaming about how Bob Weir needs a ride from the airport.  He's landing in 3 hours.  Who can go get him?  We're like, ummmm, we can!!!  

So, I got to spend 2 hours in a car with Bob.  We tried to ask him questions and get him to tell stories but he wasnt really having it.  He would just say, "oh, man, it was wild" basically to every question we asked.  lol  

typical Bob.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

I live less than 10 mins away from the Capitol Theater in Westchester and am so upset that I missed John Mayer playing with the Dead last year. My wife's cousin was getting married that weekend and I couldn't go. I love Mayer's non mainstream stuff anyway, and it would have been cool to see him play with them.

that would be funny if they are divorced now

On 8/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, JiF said:

Did you ask for his daughters digits?

• Post of the Week 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to both nights, both shows, and had an amazing time.  2nd show setlist was spectacular.

I enjoyed MSG, sound quality was quite good compared to the DC Version (Citi, Verizon, **** if I know what they call it nowadays, seems to change regularly).  Pretty nice venue, easy entrance, nice amenities.  Decent place to see a show.

One thing I noticed, on night one especially, was ALOT of "bad vibes" in the crowd.  Drunk assholes looking to get in fights, dudes threating to rip peoples heads off if they took pictures (i.e. blocked people behind them view), pushing and shoving in the aisles, women getting freak-out mad because a Head hugged them (that one I get), dude ahead of me kept keeping hit in the face by a spinners hair and was going to kill her......not the usual peace and love I'm used to from a Dead/Dead-lite type show.  Just NY being NY maybe?

I did really like how much the crowd sang along on alot of tunes, that was really quite cool.  I've always been a fan of that kind of communal thing.  And the crowd, especially on night two, was really into it and nearly tore the roof off on the big choruses.  Most times I see D&C it's been outdoors in summer down here, in MSG the crowd singalong was just massive by comparison (indoor vs. outdoors).  Good times.

Ate at Little Italy Pizza after both shows, decent enough for late night NY pizza.

Hotel was great (if pricey), and had a really good time.  Hope some other folks got to see these shows too, especially night #2.

• Sympathy 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2019 at 10:27 AM, Warfish said:

Went to both nights, both shows, and had an amazing time.  2nd show setlist was spectacular.

I enjoyed MSG, sound quality was quite good compared to the DC Version (Citi, Verizon, **** if I know what they call it nowadays, seems to change regularly).  Pretty nice venue, easy entrance, nice amenities.  Decent place to see a show.

One thing I noticed, on night one especially, was ALOT of "bad vibes" in the crowd.  Drunk assholes looking to get in fights, dudes threating to rip peoples heads off if they took pictures (i.e. blocked people behind them view), pushing and shoving in the aisles, women getting freak-out mad because a Head hugged them (that one I get), dude ahead of me kept keeping hit in the face by a spinners hair and was going to kill her......not the usual peace and love I'm used to from a Dead/Dead-lite type show.  Just NY being NY maybe?

I did really like how much the crowd sang along on alot of tunes, that was really quite cool.  I've always been a fan of that kind of communal thing.  And the crowd, especially on night two, was really into it and nearly tore the roof off on the big choruses.  Most times I see D&C it's been outdoors in summer down here, in MSG the crowd singalong was just massive by comparison (indoor vs. outdoors).  Good times.

Ate at Little Italy Pizza after both shows, decent enough for late night NY pizza.

Hotel was great (if pricey), and had a really good time.  Hope some other folks got to see these shows too, especially night #2.

Thats a very ODD dead show