Daniel Jones Update

16 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Check Gettlemans draft record bro-guy built 7 super bowl teams 

So he cant make mistakes? Plus I looked it up and he's only ever been to 1 SB as a GM and lost. Hes only ever built 1 himself, and he was unemployed only a couple of years after the fact.

Phil Jackson had a few chips too and he did great in NY btw 

2 hours ago, Grandy said:

So he cant make mistakes? Plus I looked it up and he's only ever been to 1 SB as a GM and lost. Hes only ever built 1 himself, and he was unemployed only a couple of years after the fact.

Phil Jackson had a few chips too and he did great in NY btw 

He can make mistakes, but he doesn’t. He never made a bad draft pick in his career within the first two rounds. He’s the best of the best, and all the media who trashed him is clueless. 

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He was GM for two super bowl team.. If you start counting every scout that was part of an organization that won a Super Bowl, then I don't know what to tell you.

I agree with you that the OP is trolling, but this post isn’t the best retort coming from a Jets fan. You’re basically debunking everything that pumped us up about Douglas. Except Douglas was never even a GM.

48 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I agree with you that the OP is trolling, but this post isn’t the best retort coming from a Jets fan. You’re basically debunking everything that pumped us up about Douglas. Except Douglas was never even a GM.

Except that I never claimed divine perfection for Douglas. He has a great pedigree and worked for a successful organization, but the proof of his capacities as a GM are yet to be determined. I'm optimistic, of course. This Gettleman BS is sad. The guy passed on a future franchise QB for a RB, then got rid of an elite WR because he couldn't handle him, and then severely overdrafted a mediocre QB to be the successor to Eli. It's a mess. 

24 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree. That’s what I love about this forum: it’s ok to bash our own QB but God forbid you say something about the giants QB..... JN baby!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sarcasm duly noted, and point taken.

My point still stands though, and it isn’t only the Giants QB. It’s every other young one drafted within the last two, three years. The only one who gets credit (begrudgingly at that) is Mahomes, and it’s always with the caveats that he’ll come down to earth, or he has so many weapons, like Mayfield, lol.

Wentz is glass, Goff is garbage, Mayfield low ceiling, Allen a injury waiting to happen.... I could go down the list of every single one taken since ‘16, except one. Guess who?

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

He can make mistakes, but he doesn’t. He never made a bad draft pick in his career within the first two rounds. He’s the best of the best, and all the media who trashed him is clueless. 

This 100% HAS to be a troll.

• Upvote 1

My point still stands though, and it isn’t only the Giants QB. It’s every other young one drafted within the last two, three years. The only one who gets credit (begrudgingly at that) is Mahomes, and it’s always with the caveats that he’ll come down to earth, or he has so many weapons, like Mayfield, lol.
Wentz is glass, Goff is garbage, Mayfield low ceiling, Allen a injury waiting to happen.... I could go down the list of every single one taken since ‘16, except one. Guess who?

I can only speak for myself, but I personally have only seen “negative” posts about Mayfield, and now...Daniel-san here.

For Mayfield, I think (again MY opinion) that the negatives mostly have to do with his off-field issues. Running his mouth, calling people out, etc.

Danny boy here was because this troll - a disgrace to his forum name BTW - started an obvious false thread proclaiming his greatness. He baited, we bit.

But Wentz? Goff? Even Allen? I really haven’t seen it. Maybe Allen’s accuracy issues, but it’s not like he’s getting killed on here like Mayfield has been. And now Jonesey poo will as well because of the troll.

As for Darnold - hey we are just excited man! This is not like we have had someone like Peyton or Brady for 20 years and Sam is filling big shoes. I mean really- since Chad, what have we had? An injured HOFer, the Sanchize, Geno, Hack, Fitztragic, I could go on. We have been waiting for a LONG time for this, and we are all just excited that maybe, JUST MAYBE, this kid is it!

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Maybe the one playing for the team that this message board is about?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Except that I never claimed divine perfection for Douglas. He has a great pedigree and worked for a successful organization, but the proof of his capacities as a GM are yet to be determined. I'm optimistic, of course. This Gettleman BS is sad. The guy passed on a future franchise QB for a RB, then got rid of an elite WR because he couldn't handle him, and then severely overdrafted a mediocre QB to be the successor to Eli. It's a mess. 

You left out the part where he signed the elite WR to a 5-year $95MM contract with a $20MM signing bonus, later stated that he didn't sign him to trade him, and then 2 weeks later, traded him, creating a $16MM dead-money cap hit where franchising him would have saved the $20MM SB and cap hit. 

Or the part where he let Landon Collins walk because he didn't want to pay him the franchise tag of $11.2MM only to see the Redskins sign him for $15MM/year shortly after.  

Gettleman may have been a really good front office guy elsewhere but he is wreaking absolute havoc on the Giants faster than you can say "Fire John Idzik".

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, jgb said:

The obsession with Jones belies a lack of confidence in Darnold. I endorse this approach.

No one is obsessed with Jones except Chrebet80 and perhaps you. None of us are starting and restarting threads on the topic. But if one is started, it's fair game to puncture holes in the idiocy of licking Gettleman's soiled boots or imagining Daniel Jones to be the next Mahomes. It's ridiculous.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

Why is there a Daniel Jones topic on a new York Jets site?

Every once in a while, this needs to be raised again.  

The particular forum you are reading says "Talk about Adam Gase, Joe Douglas, the NY Jets and the NFL here."

NFL threads are fine.  Complaining about non-Jets NFL threads is actually the bigger waste of time and bandwidth than the original threads.  This is to everyone.  if you don't want to read about it, don't click on it but also don't complain that it exists.  If it is not appropriate for the forum, a mod will take care of it.  

Thank you.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

Why is there a Daniel Jones topic on a new York Jets site?

You can’t prevent Giants fans from coming on the site and starting threads. 

I’m sure there were Jets fans posting as Giants fans on their forums when they passed on Darnold. It’s all part of the fun of being a fan. 

Honestly, I didn’t even think he was gonna throw it,” Perkins told NorthJersey.com and USA TODAY Network Northeast. “I was flanked out

, it was a go ball, and as soon as I turned around, the ball was in the air. It was a great throw, the most amazing throw I’ve caught, no one else could’ve got it but me. He’s got a great arm, he’s a great kid, and after the play, he told me he was gonna throw it from the beginning.”

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

You can’t prevent Giants fans from coming on the site and starting threads. 

I’m sure there were Jets fans posting as Giants fans on their forums when they passed on Darnold. It’s all part of the fun of being a fan. 

Yup.  See, I think it is a troll just being a tool.  That was my point.  I did not epect to have the Constitution read to me. Ha ha

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Honestly, I didn’t even think he was gonna throw it,” Perkins told NorthJersey.com and USA TODAY Network Northeast. “I was flanked out

, it was a go ball, and as soon as I turned around, the ball was in the air. It was a great throw, the most amazing throw I’ve caught, no one else could’ve got it but me. He’s got a great arm, he’s a great kid, and after the play, he told me he was gonna throw it from the beginning.”

QB Coach Lee on Geno Smith, rookie, 2013:

"When his footwork is good, success follows him like no quarterback I've ever coached," Lee said.

By MARK LONG

Posted Aug 3, 2011 at 12:05 AM

JACKSONVILLE -- Blaine Gabbert’s first week of training camp has included impressive throws, nifty runs and deft decisions, making him look more like a regular than a rookie.

It’s exactly what the Jacksonville Jaguars expected when they selected the former Missouri quarterback 10th overall in April’s NFL draft.

Seeing Gabbert in person has only reinforced Jacksonville’s decision. After not being able to get on the field for three months because of the NFL lockout, Gabbert needed just a few days to dazzle coaches, teammates, front office personnel and fans.

Back-shoulder throws, perfectly placed seam passes and scrambling runs have been among Gabbert’s highlights.

“He’s got a great skill set in terms of arm and size and speed, those things,” coach Jack Del Rio said Tuesday. “We think he’s got a bright upside. He’s got a lot of work to do. He’s doing some things now off natural ability, being able to throw the ball that will only get better.

“He’s going to get experience, he’s going to get time, and at some point, he’s going to be a really good player. I think we can all see that.”

Welcome to camp hype.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

No one is obsessed with Jones except Chrebet80 and perhaps you. None of us are starting and restarting threads on the topic. But if one is started, it's fair game to puncture holes in the idiocy of licking Gettleman's soiled boots or imagining Daniel Jones to be the next Mahomes. It's ridiculous.

I think it was my second comment about Jones. Weird measure of obsession.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, Jets723 said:

I might be in the minority but I didn't pile on the Giants when they made this pick.  Did i think they reached for him at 6?  yes absolutely.  However personally I didn't care.  I more focused on my own team.  In fact I want to thank the Giants because they passed on Sam.  If Jones somehow works out for them that's perfectly fine I don't really care.  Honestly I don't hate the Giants.  I hate the Patriots because they have gotten way with  a lot of cheating/shady behavior.  Beating them is much more important to me 

I feel the same way.  I am grateful that the Giants beat New England in two Super Bowls.   New England having 8?  Eff that.

I think the Giants should have taken Haskins but whatever.   Good luck to them and thanks for passing on Sam indeed.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I feel the same way.  I am grateful that the Giants beat New England in two Super Bowls.   New England having 8?  Eff that.

I think the Giants should have taken Haskins but whatever.   Good luck to them and thanks for passing on Sam indeed.

Agreed.  Like them or not they are the only team that has made Brady really struggle in the SB.