Daniel Jones Update

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

ATL and SEA should both have won their SBs hands down.  It took a special kind of stupid from both HCs to lose those games.

The worst offensive call in the history of professional sports and the worst choke in the history of professional sports and Brady has 5 SB loses and no one is talking about him as being in the GOAT discussion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The worst offensive call in the history of professional sports and the worst choke in the history of professional sports and Brady has 5 SB loses and no one is talking about him as being in the GOAT discussion. 

Flip side is that the most unlikely catch in the history of the game (behind a helmet) and a Wes Welker high percentage catch that was instead a drop, and Brady has two more. 

The take away is more about the ability to constantly 'get' there.  It seems to me that the top two or three teams every year have a nearly even chance of winning, where it indeed comes down to an Edelman juggle, a helmet catch, a ref no call, or a bad goalline playcall. 

It's however the continued ability to always be there, year after year, which is the thing that really makes NE different than the rest of the league.  Most other teams have to reload, or go through prolonged periods of being no good.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hael said:

Flip side is that the most unlikely catch in the history of the game (behind a helmet) and a Wes Welker high percentage catch that was instead a drop, and Brady has two more. 

The take away is more about the ability to constantly 'get' there.  It seems to me that the top two or three teams every year have a nearly even chance of winning, where it indeed comes down to an Edelman juggle, a helmet catch, a ref no call, or a bad goalline playcall. 

It's however the continued ability to always be there, year after year, which is the thing that really makes NE different than the rest of the league.  Most other teams have to reload, or go through prolonged periods of being no good...play by the actual rules...

Fixed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Take away those two and he still has a bunch plus is constantly in the super bowl. I still think they’d talk about him in such a way. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

ATL and SEA should both have won their SBs hands down.  It took a special kind of stupid from both HCs to lose those games.

I've already told you the answer to that. Millions of dollars don't  pay for a special kind of stupid. It Pays  for being told exactly  what you are to do. 

No one runs a small number of times in the second half to protect  a huge  lead. They run till the starter has to rest for the back up and waste minutes after minutes. But that's not sexy tv time fun.

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Spot on. Then again.... the NY giants should have lost to the Pats but for a fluke catch.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:36 PM, Jets723 said:

Honestly who cares whether he is good or not, it doesnt effect us.  We finally have a young franchise QB who looks to be the real deal.  We finally have some hope that a SB can be a possibility the next few years.  I don’t hate the Giants, I’m just more focused on my own team

Little early to be calling him a franchise QB. One can hope he is, but he's far from a proven commodity in that regard. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Hael said:

It's however the continued ability to always be there, year after year, which is the thing that really makes NE different than the rest of the league.  Most other teams have to reload, or go through prolonged periods of being no good.

2 hours ago, Drums said:

Take away those two and he still has a bunch plus is constantly in the super bowl. I still think they’d talk about him in such a way. 

Should never been in one because everyone in the world saw him fumble not “tuck” and they outright cheated the Rams out of another. 

Winner: Daniel Jones

Quarterback Daniel Jones could do only one thing to quell the tide of doubt that has shrouded him since the Giants made him the sixth overall pick in this year’s NFL Draft and that was go out and prove himself. He’s doing that by displaying his arm strength, mobility, intelligence, leadership and maturity. He’s going to be just fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Quarterback Daniel Jones could do only one thing to quell the tide of doubt that has shrouded him since the Giants made him the sixth overall pick in this year’s NFL Draft and that was go out and prove himself. He’s doing that by displaying his arm strength, mobility, intelligence, leadership and maturity. He’s going to be just fine.

Source?

On 8/2/2019 at 1:50 PM, WayneChrebet80 said:
MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg

From Inside Training Camp: Eli Manning is the #Giants starter and when Daniel Jones has to play, he‘ll be ready. ... but Jones has been even better than the team imagined, thus far

That's because everyone not named Gettleman thought he would completely suck so the Giants have been singing his praises after being embarrassed by every commentator.  Mara and Tisch are annoyed 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

20 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Was he the guy that said Davis Webb was the second coming or the guy that had Kyle Lauletta pegged as the heir apparent to Eli? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Giants plead for no Sam Darnold: We have ‘a young Eli’

December 20, 2017 

https://nypost.com/2017/12/20/two-giants-on-qb-future-stick-with-webb-pass-on-the-draft/

On the day when Davis Webb was finally given his first first-team practice reps, Landon Collins offered his advice for the next Giants general manager, on the day favorite Dave Gettleman interviewed for the job.

Informed the next Giants GM currently has the second pick in the 2018 NFL Draft with a chance to draft a franchise quarterback — Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold if he comes out — Collins told The Post, “Don’t draft him. Don’t do it. Davis is gonna be really good in the league when it’s his time, I promise you.”

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie seconds that emotion. Asked what he’s noticed about Webb, DRC said: “A young Eli. I used to laugh at him, ‘Why is the man mimicking Eli during a practice when Eli takes a step, you can see him behind him doing the same motion he is. What is wrong with this dude?’ It finally hit me that he’s just trying to do everything that he’s doing, so he’s definitely learning, willing to learn and he’s doing the right things, I think.”

Asked if he thinks the Giants need to draft a quarterback with the second pick, Rodgers-Cromartie told The Post: “Nah, nah. I think he’s the guy that has the arm, and he’s studied under Eli, so I think he still has an opportunity to be that guy.”

image.gif

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Giants plead for no Sam Darnold: We have ‘a young Eli’

December 20, 2017 

https://nypost.com/2017/12/20/two-giants-on-qb-future-stick-with-webb-pass-on-the-draft/

On the day when Davis Webb was finally given his first first-team practice reps, Landon Collins offered his advice for the next Giants general manager, on the day favorite Dave Gettleman interviewed for the job.

Informed the next Giants GM currently has the second pick in the 2018 NFL Draft with a chance to draft a franchise quarterback — Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold if he comes out — Collins told The Post, “Don’t draft him. Don’t do it. Davis is gonna be really good in the league when it’s his time, I promise you.”

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie seconds that emotion. Asked what he’s noticed about Webb, DRC said: “A young Eli. I used to laugh at him, ‘Why is the man mimicking Eli during a practice when Eli takes a step, you can see him behind him doing the same motion he is. What is wrong with this dude?’ It finally hit me that he’s just trying to do everything that he’s doing, so he’s definitely learning, willing to learn and he’s doing the right things, I think.”

Asked if he thinks the Giants need to draft a quarterback with the second pick, Rodgers-Cromartie told The Post: “Nah, nah. I think he’s the guy that has the arm, and he’s studied under Eli, so I think he still has an opportunity to be that guy.”

image.gif

I remember this.  My Dad ( a huge giants fan) was telling me how BRILLIANT giants were for not taking Darnold, and instead taking Saquon:  "we have the giants 'QB of the future' - Davis Webb"

His b-day is around Labor Day, and (coincidentally) we were together celebrating last year when the idiots let Webb go and the Jets picked him up.  I had to rub it in: "now the Jets have their 'QB of the future', AND the giants'!"

To add to this, my son and I went to Jets camp on Saturday - which was amazing BTW; so many players autographing stuff for my son, Jamal took a selfie with him, etc - and Davis Webb signed an autograph for him.  I couldn't resist:  I took a picture of him with my son and sent it to my Dad:  "giants QB of the future at Jets camp today"

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/4/2019 at 2:03 AM, Hael said:

Which begs the question, why doesn’t every team have an Ernie Adams?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because no one knows exactly what Ernie Adams DOES.  They just know he's very shady and is a big reason for the Patriots' success. 

Interestingly enough Adams was with belichick in Cleveland and in NE in 2000 yet they couldn't win, something happened in 2001 to change that but I can't quite remember what it was.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That's because everyone not named Gettleman thought he would completely suck so they ask have been singing his praises after being embarrassed by every commentator.

It’s the giants the media will always overhype them 

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m rooting for Jones to suck and I hate the Giants

I never rooted as hard for a player to fail, major fail as I did you Dave Brown as the overall number 1.  He SUCKED.  And then there was Danny Kanell.

They were shlt and the Giants and their fans talked them up like they were the 2nd coming of Montana

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 8/5/2019 at 1:02 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

When its all said and done, gettleman will be universally praised for turning the giants around quickly.  He has a hall of fame rb and now has his franchise qb whos going to be a great player.  

Gettleman has killed it so far.

When all is said and done it will be like all your other comments that are based on nothing and you just trolling the board.

FQB, who will be great.  You wouldnt know him if he sat next to you and picked up a ball 

• WTF? 1

On 8/3/2019 at 10:10 PM, Peace Frog said:

Should never been in one because everyone in the world saw him fumble not “tuck” and they outright cheated the Rams out of another.

Other than a shaky acquisition by someone on the Rams theres not a stitch of evidence to prove that.

Do I believe it?  Yup, why not but no one has ever proven it and in fact most of it has been disproved.  

Hes going to retire with every passing record worth having.  If people think a SB or two less that would change I have a bridge for sale.  

• WTF? 1

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When all is said and done it will be like all your other comments that are based on nothing and you just trolling the board.

FQB, who will be great.  You wouldnt know him if he sat next to you and picked up a ball 

Easy there Jet Peanut.  I like Daniel Jones.  He is going to be a good player.  Giants future is looking bright.  Will be fun to have 2 good teams in nyc for a change.

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Easy there Jet Peanut.  I like Daniel Jones.  He is going to be a good player.  Giants future is looking bright.  Will be fun to have 2 good teams in nyc for a change.

You have never seen him throw a pass.  You call him a FQB.  That theyre set at QB.  Hes great, already.  Because the Giants, as an org have decided to sell people a line of shlt. 

You can have Jones and Barkley.

I'll take Darnold and Bell and the defensive help Gettleman coud have also taken with the other two number 1s he pissed away on a weak armed QB and an 1990s RB

If you dont get what that the post you put up makes you sound like well....

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I never rooted as hard for a player to fail, major fail as I did you Dave Brown as the overall number 1.  He SUCKED.  And then there was Danny Kanell.

They were shlt and the Giants and their fans talked them up like they were the 2nd coming of Montana

Dave Brown?  Duke = QBU? Dave Brown wasn't the 'overall number 1."  He was a first rounder in the supplemental.  It turned out they would have had pick #9 that year, but they had selected Derek Brown the year before, so I'm sure they would have botched it and missed out on Bettis and Lincoln Kennedy.  I don't remember many people believing in Danny Kanell, certainly not as many as claimed Browning Nagle or Kellen Clemens was a franchise QB.  Kent Graham, on the other hand...