Daniel Jones Update

Danny looked good in practice today. The offense made him carry all the pads and helmets into the locker room. The coaches said "In all my years of seeing rookie QB's, nobody was able to do it the way he did. Both of his arms are really strong"

Now they just want to see if he can do it under game conditions, especially on the road.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Dave Brown?  Duke = QBU? Dave Brown wasn't the 'overall number 1."  He was a first rounder in the supplemental.  It turned out they would have had pick #9 that year, but they had selected Derek Brown the year before, so I'm sure they would have botched it and missed out on Bettis and Lincoln Kennedy.  I don't remember many people believing in Danny Kanell, certainly not as many as claimed Browning Nagle or Kellen Clemens was a franchise QB.  Kent Graham, on the other hand...

Yeah, he was first in the supplemental and gets listed as the number 1.  I get thats sketchy 

Kanell was a 4th, Nagle and Clemens 2nds so adds a bit to the equation.  But he also as a rookie, led the Giants to a division title and fans were high on him

Forgot about Graham, ouch

On 8/3/2019 at 8:36 PM, PCP63 said:

Little early to be calling him a franchise QB. One can hope he is, but he's far from a proven commodity in that regard. 

It could be argued that the Jets as a whole sucked big time last season, and were poorly coached.  

Guess what happens when the majority of your draft picks the past 5 years end up out of the league because they were terrible picks? You’re lucky you had a rookie QB uninjured....oh, wait.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have never seen him throw a pass.  You call him a FQB.  That theyre set at QB.  Hes great, already.  Because the Giants, as an org have decided to sell people a line of shlt. 

You can have Jones and Barkley.

I'll take Darnold and Bell and the defensive help Gettleman coud have also taken with the other two number 1s he pissed away on a weak armed QB and an 1990s RB

If you dont get what that the post you put up makes you sound like well....

Thats where you are here.  Your so insecure in your own team, you see my liking the giants situation as a reflection on the jets.

You said, “il take darnold and bell”.  Darnold and bell have nothing to do with me liking the giants situation.  

The jets situation looks good and the giants situation looks good.  

Your acting like the red headed stepchild Peanut.  Man up!

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than a shaky acquisition by someone on the Rams theres not a stitch of evidence to prove that.

Do I believe it?  Yup, why not but no one has ever proven it and in fact most of it has been disproved.  

Hes going to retire with every passing record worth having.  If people think a SB or two less that would change I have a bridge for sale.  

Roger Goodell burned tapes for NO reason because he could not stand the heat of a trillion dollars in bets turned on the cheating of the Patriots.

They absolutely 100% had the Rams plays and every Ram knows it and is disgusted by it.

There was ZERO reason for Goodell to burn the tapes. Zero reason.

Unless there was a reason to completely bury them.

• Post of the Week 2

31 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats where you are here.  Your so insecure in your own team, you see my liking the giants situation as a reflection on the jets.

You said, “il take darnold and bell”.  Darnold and bell have nothing to do with me liking the giants situation.  

The jets situation looks good and the giants situation looks good.  

Your acting like the red headed stepchild Peanut.  Man up!

Insecure?

Because?  Youre shocked that a QB universally trashed isnt high up on my list means I'm insecure?  

Darnold and Belll have everything to do with it.  The Giants could have drafted Darnold, as they should have and signed Bell or someone else. Bells numbers were every bit as good as one of the 15 or so generational backs that people imagine in their heads. 

I never complain about the Giants.  

I dont hate them like some

I dont care that we share a stadium

I dont spend my time trying to convince those who actually believe we play in their stadium

I've never called the Giants our big brothers, etc.

Wrong person

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Insecure?

Because?  Youre shocked that a QB universally trashed isnt high up on my list means I'm insecure?  

Darnold and Belll have everything to do with it.  The Giants could have drafted Darnold, as they should have and signed Bell or someone else. Bells numbers were every bit as good as one of the 15 or so generational backs that people imagine in their heads. 

Genuises that go against the grain are often ridiculed for not following status quo.  Gettleman had some balls and made some gutsy picks.  

Its only later when it pans out do the flock see the genuis in it.  I can see what gettleman did and i love it.  

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Genuises that go against the grain are often ridiculed for not following status quo.  Gettleman had some balls and made some gutsy picks.  

Its only later when it pans out do the flock see the genuis in it.  I can see what gettleman did and i love it.  

I think it's far too early to make any evaluation or pronouncements on either Daniel Jones or the greater "Gettleman Plan".

It's going to take all of 2019 and probably 2020 before we know if he is crazy or crazy like a fox.  The odds don't favor him per se, but we'll see.

With that said, I am rooting for Jones to be great.  I have many reasons:

1. I love underdogs.  Especially at QB.  He's as huge an underdog as there is right now.

2. I love it when smaller school kids do well in the pros.

3. I love it when the Giants and NY media piss off hypersensitive, insecurity complex-ridden Jets Fans who care too much about the f'ing Giants.  Lol.  

3B. Screw NY'ers who booed Jones in Yankee Stadium.  Those kind of people deserve to emotionally suffer seeing Jones do well.

4. Their success won't hurt the Jets in any way, shape or form.  Same way their failure won't effect us.  So why not root for the kid.

5. Giants win = Redskins, Cowboys lose.  Always good IMO. 

Sadly, as I said, the odds are well stacked against him.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2019 at 3:15 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Daniel Jones will never win a playoff game.

Daniel Jones may never even make a playoff game.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

On 8/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, Jets723 said:

I might be in the minority but I didn't pile on the Giants when they made this pick.  Did i think they reached for him at 6?  yes absolutely.  However personally I didn't care.  I more focused on my own team.  In fact I want to thank the Giants because they passed on Sam.  If Jones somehow works out for them that's perfectly fine I don't really care.  Honestly I don't hate the Giants.  I hate the Patriots because they have gotten way with  a lot of cheating/shady behavior.  Beating them is much more important to me 

Yup.  Not to mention, the Giants are the only team that got in the way of an undefeated Pats season and 2 more Super Bowls.  I can't hate on the Giants.  

8 Super Bowls by the Pats would have been intolerable.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Lol. The ballwashing for this scrub is amazing. He looked competent against backups. Praise be...

Darnold look like the rookie tonight and Jones the seasoned vet. That first throw was just awful. 

I like Darnold, but Gettleman knows more about football than me. 

• Thumb Down 11
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

BUMP

Still hating on DG and DJ?

Jones was the best QB on the field tonight. Absolute stud. 

really one preseason drive with the 1st string O against the 2nd string defense he was not the best qb on the field tonight. He was the best qb against the 2nd string defense maybe. Browning Nagle looked good for one game once too.

• WTF? 1

On 8/7/2019 at 6:24 PM, Warfish said:

I think it's far too early to make any evaluation or pronouncements on either Daniel Jones or the greater "Gettleman Plan".

It's going to take all of 2019 and probably 2020 before we know if he is crazy or crazy like a fox.  The odds don't favor him per se, but we'll see.

With that said, I am rooting for Jones to be great.  I have many reasons:

1. I love underdogs.  Especially at QB.  He's as huge an underdog as there is right now.

2. I love it when smaller school kids do well in the pros.

3. I love it when the Giants and NY media piss off hypersensitive, insecurity complex-ridden Jets Fans who care too much about the f'ing Giants.  Lol.  

3B. Screw NY'ers who booed Jones in Yankee Stadium.  Those kind of people deserve to emotionally suffer seeing Jones do well.

4. Their success won't hurt the Jets in any way, shape or form.  Same way their failure won't effect us.  So why not root for the kid.

5. Giants win = Redskins, Cowboys lose.  Always good IMO. 

Sadly, as I said, the odds are well stacked against him.  

5. Is a solid get. Nothing I like better to listen to on my way in than almost suicidal Redskin fans after another loss. If that means Giants do well, so be it. F the Skins! 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, freestater said:

Lol. The ballwashing for this scrub is amazing. He looked competent against backups. Praise be...

For some strange reason, this board is infested with douchey trouser stains who are obsessed with hyping up quarterbacks for other teams. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, Peace Frog said:

They absolutely 100% had the Rams plays and every Ram knows it and is disgusted by it.

Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner are two of the most upright, God-fearing people on the earth and neither of them hedge even a little bit about the Patriots cheating incident. They’re not two wackjob thugs who go around spouting wild sh*tbfor attention, but when they speak of the Patriots, the disgust and anger is palpable. The fact that any journalist or media entity treats that Patriots win as anything but fraudulent and it’s despicable. It’d be like a baseball writer denying that Bonds took steroids. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner are two of the most upright, God-fearing people on the earth and neither of them hedge even a little bit about the Patriots cheating incident. They’re not two wackjob thugs who go around spouting wild sh*tbfor attention, but when they speak of the Patriots, the disgust and anger is palpable. The fact that any journalist or media entity treats that Patriots win as anything but fraudulent and it’s despicable. It’d be like a baseball writer denying that Bonds took steroids. 

Yet there are dudes here who will deny it because, they say, there is no evidence of cheating. 

THE TAPES WERE BURNED!

And NO one stopped the Rams all year except the Pats. Because they knew the plays. 

Yeah, that steroid sucking HGH shooting POS is the GOAT. 

GTFO. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Darnold look like the rookie tonight and Jones the seasoned vet. That first throw was just awful. 

Everyone knows more about football than you.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If I have to listen to this sh*t all season, I'm gonna get myself banned.

Apparently it is welcomed by the board. 

I’ve never read the TOS but there has to be something about trolling and this is the most blatant troll since Moses dropped some lines off the back of the Ark. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

That's the dumbest take I've ever heard. 

And I listened to Carl Banks tonight.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2