Daniel Jones Update

14 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Jones reminded me of Geno last night.  If you look at each of his passes, the ball is out in like 1.5 - 2 seconds.  he throws to his first read each time.  staring down receivers, etc.   guess what?  Geno excelled at that too!  but when read #1 wasn't open, and Geno had to use that peanut of a brain he has, that's when he got into trouble!

Jones’s footwork looked good.  Overall he looked but we have arguably the league’s worst secondary and zero pass rush yet again

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Jones reminded me of Geno last night.  If you look at each of his passes, the ball is out in like 1.5 - 2 seconds.  he throws to his first read each time.  staring down receivers, etc.   guess what?  Geno excelled at that too!  but when read #1 wasn't open, and Geno had to use that peanut of a brain he has, that's when he got into trouble!

not sure if he's going to be a good QB or not -but i doubt he's got a peanut of a brain.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philc1 said:

Jones’s footwork looked good.  Overall he looked but we have arguably the league’s worst secondary and zero pass rush yet again

and that's our FIRST team D!!  haha  he didn't even go against that!  it was our backups!!

I just hope the midgets win like 6-7 games or so.  worst thing that could happen is that this kid wins them nothing, and they get the #1 pick next year and get an actual QB, Tua.....ugh

• Upvote 2

What will be interesting to watch is how they react to the fan uproar if Jones continues to impress in pre-season and Eli still starts Week 1.  The Maras love Eli but the fans are done with him.  If Eli starts and they lose Week 1, it's going to get very heated.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

No, Jones has a solid NFL arm.  Saw him complete a 45 yard pass in college running to his opposite side and leaning back from the tackler in addition.  That ended the argument about Jones' arm strength.

I thought the tape on him in college indicated a better arm as well.  But just going from what I saw last night, and you can see a pretty big difference between the lasers that Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen delivered much less the truly elite arms like Mahomes or Stafford. 

So its ok, but jut barely so. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

and that's our FIRST team D!!  haha  he didn't even go against that!  it was our backups!!

I just hope the midgets win like 6-7 games or so.  worst thing that could happen is that this kid wins them nothing, and they get the #1 pick next year and get an actual QB, Tua.....ugh

I hate the giants.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Hael said:

I thought the tape on him [Daniel Jones] in college indicated a better arm as well.  But just going from what I saw last night, and you can see a pretty big difference between the lasers that Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen delivered much less the truly elite arms like Mahomes or Stafford. 

So its ok, but jut barely so. 

Visiting in Chicago so did not get to see the game Thursday night. However, the "questionability" of Jones' arm ended for me after watching the video of Duke vs Clemson last year.  Go  to the 2:16 mark, Jones rolls to his opposite side, has to move back to avoid the tackle before releasing the ball.  Normally this results in a wounded duck pass or an interception, instead Jones hits the receiver, in full stride, right in his hands 46 yards away.

• Upvote 1

Here are the FACTS pertaining to Jones:

1) Jones was WAY overdrafted. If Jones plays like Joe Montana and wins 8 super bowls he will always be way overdrafted. That's a fact. You could have gotten this guy at least in the mid part of the 1st round, so all the equity in that 6th overall is wasted.

2) Jones played excellent the other night. In fact, he played BETTER than Sammy.

3) If ever was a game to read NOTHING into the QB's - it was that game. Both teams showed 100% vanilla looks. There was no strategizing whatsoever. I don't think Jones or Sammy learned much of anything by playing in this game.

• Upvote 1

Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner are two of the most upright, God-fearing people on the earth and neither of them hedge even a little bit about the Patriots cheating incident. They’re not two wackjob thugs who go around spouting wild sh*tbfor attention, but when they speak of the Patriots, the disgust and anger is palpable. The fact that any journalist or media entity treats that Patriots win as anything but fraudulent and it’s despicable. It’d be like a baseball writer denying that Bonds took steroids. 

Agreed ... this whole thing makes me f*cking sick!

Tack on later the commissioner burning the evidence of their cheating to protect the whole league itself!

Then they make Belichik/Brady the poster children of the league !?!?!?!

Throughout the whole run no national outcry/media follow-thru with holding them accountable !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF bizzarro-retardo world am i in !?!?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

CC nails it. 1st read every time, staring down receivers, etc. but as they say, when a team has two QBs, they have none and couldn’t happen to a nicer organization!

That’s what Baker did against the Jets last year. He can process the first read much quicker than your average QB. 

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

What you guys don’t get is that it’s not just the preseason. Jones is dominating practices. Respected reporters like Art Stapleton claim he throws the best passes they have ever seen. How did the NFL miss this?

Dominating practices? LMAO

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Visiting in Chicago so did not get to see the game Thursday night. However, the "questionability" of Jones' arm ended for me after watching the video of Duke vs Clemson last year.  Go  to the 2:16 mark, Jones rolls to his opposite side, has to move back to avoid the tackle before releasing the ball.  Normally this results in a wounded duck pass or an interception, instead Jones hits the receiver, in full stride, right in his hands 46 yards away.

I actually think he did pretty well here. He did have some batted balls and he stared down some receivers but this was after running for his life and his receivers doing him no favors. A bunch a drops and not even fighting for the ball when he had to get it out quick. No wonder his completion percentage was so low. He has some nice pocket presence in rolling out and stepping up in the pocket to run. No interceptions and he looked smart at the position considering the circumstances. I would need to see more if he manages to be behind a Giants O-line that protects him. Clemson was no easy task here. 

• Sympathy 1