KRL is the best. Great insights and observations each and every year we as fans wouldn't get, especially us out of towners haha. Thank you again KRL!!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Great thread @Maxman. KRL's reports are the best part of training camp. They are 100% substance, unlike most of the crap that we get from the beat writers. They could learn a thing or two from him!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I think KRL should be paid handsomely for this, he’s the goods

Good stuff KRL.

It is much appreciated by many of us. 

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just posted the last KRL camp report for the year and I want to say thanks to @KRL

His camp reports are phenomenal. His insight is tremendous, he should definitely be doing this for a living. The feedback on his reports has been 100% positive. I have never really seen anything like it. It is a testament to both his insight and his objectivity. He has no agenda and no false narratives. He simply reports on what he sees and that is very refreshing.

I know people appreciate that he does this, but I don't know that everyone realizes that he takes a week off of work and drives a really far distance to cover camp.

Thank you KRL. 

For anyone that missed them, definitely check our KRL's camp reports here: https://www.jetnation.com/category/camp-reports/

I love his style of reporting, brings me back to the days when all sports reporters wrote this way.  Pick up a paper, no matter the NYDNs, Post or Newsday.  Here's what happened, here's what it's lead to, herewere the results and observations.  No editorializing, no agendas, no agendas or false narratives.  

Thanks. 

• Upvote 2

Thank you so much KRL. I’ve never read ANYTHING in all of sports like your camp reports. As stated by other posters: concise, insightful, and unbiased. I’m probably not the only fan who counts the days from the last OTA to the first KRL camp report...not just until camp itself. Please know that you have the gratitude of so many fans...including those like me who read often but post rarely.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Nice work, as always KRL. Next year, I’d appreciate a little more character development, but otherwise bravo 🤪

• Haha 2

So much better hearing reports from a fan rather than a sportswriter (who might have ulterior motives when writing their articles - e.g. "I don't want to upset the players or else I'll lose access" type stuff).

Honestly the KRL camp updates are like "premium content" despite this being a free site.  I can't imagine that there are too many sports forums that are better than this one (not just for the KRL updates).

• Upvote 3

Thank You.  With these reports and my new Athletic subscription I almost feel spoiled.

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Thank You.  With these reports and my new Athletic subscription I almost feel spoiled.

Did you get the $25 (or something like that) for the first year deal?  I did but I have to say that I haven't read that site all that much so far.  Then again, the sports calendar is just starting to heat up.

44 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did you get the $25 (or something like that) for the first year deal?  I did but I have to say that I haven't read that site all that much so far.  Then again, the sports calendar is just starting to heat up.

I signed up for the trial but then realized they locked you in to the 60 dollar/year deal.  So I let it lapse and then went month to month.  Honestly, if you're sports fan of NY area teams you may not need it.  You guys have so much media coverage on your teams that a premium service like the Athletic might not needed.  But I live in the NW and the quality of journalism on most our teams is s---.  The best Blazers and Ducks beat writers have all joined the Athletic.  So I don't really have a choice.  It's either this subscription or I can expect maybe 2 to 3 good articles every couple of months.

That little nugget about our Kicker's success rate with each P as the holder was far and away better than anything I've seen from the beat writers all offseason alone.  @KRL writes his report in the most easily digestible way and gets right to the good stuff for us. We are truly fortunate to have him at our finger tips here at JN. 

Thanks KRL!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Thanks for the great camp reports KRL! I wait for your reports each day with fevered anticipation.

Thank you KRL! Reading your reports is like having access to one of the coaches on the staff giving us the inside scoop on practices. Much appreciated!

Guess AFJF can't make it this year. To bad, he did a great job last year too.

We used to have another poster who did great reports.  Was it Cane Jets or something like that?  Haven't seen him in a while.

Great job KRL

Max needs to up his contract or risk a free agency defection.

Well done KRL.

The impressive part is that you just keep getting better and better at these, too. KRL, your camp reports are the best, most technical and knowledgeable of any reporter out there. Thank you for the effort and insight. You are a national treasure.

captain america ok GIF

• Upvote 1

Thank you krl. Many of us who work or go to school so not have time to read through every tweet to see what is going on in training camp. You save us days worth of time by giving us the cliff notes and we all appreciate you.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Great Stuff - would be interesting to hear about Kalil and impact on the line :)

KRLs time at camp is over unfortunately. Alex Varallo from JN Radio will be there for a few days coming up soon.

When Kalil gets there I'm going to have my son cover a practice or two as well. He's a former college offensive lineman I definitely want him to do a report on how Kalil looks.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Guess AFJF can't make it this year. To bad, he did a great job last year too.

We used to have another poster who did great reports.  Was it Cane Jets or something like that?  Haven't seen him in a while.

Great job KRL

Very true, unfortunately Glenn wasn't able to make it over this year.  He does a great job but he has a little longer commute from England LOL.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I know people appreciate that he does this, but I don't know that everyone realizes that he takes a week off of work and drives a really far distance to cover camp.

But on the flip side, he can officially, and without bullsh*t, put "Sports Reporter" on his actual, no f'ing around, professional resume.  

That's pretty cool.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you KRL. 

+1, pretty sure we all agree on our appreciation for KRL's reporting.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Thanks KRL—by far the best camp reports out there

agreed !.. thank u KRL ! !...  you  ROCK ! ! !    :beer: