Training Camp Tweets (8/2)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Insert Trent Williams 

Please note -- this is a Jamal Adams tweet without tagging a certain poster that everyone seems to enjoy tagging any time Adams is mentioned.  I like Adams.  I like said, unnamed poster.  They do

So pumped about this team.

New York Daily News' Manish Mehta believes WR Greg Dortch will get "every opportunity" to be the Jets' primary kick and punt returner.

Dortch (5'7/173) notched the sixth-most punt return yards (276) in all of college football at Wake Forest, averaging 11 yards per punt return with two touchdowns before forgoing his final two seasons of eligibility. Securing a role on special teams remains the rookie's best shot at making the 53-man roster after plodding a 4.59-second 40-yard dash at 173 pounds in Indy.

16 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

must admit that i dont know what you mean...   :-(

When you Cadillac names you change the spelling or pronunciation. 

The QB named Joe for the Redskins, when he was at Notre Dame his last name was pronounced “Thees-man”. 

It was decided, in order to pimp his run at the Heisman to henceforth pronounce his name Thize-man so as to rhyme with Heisman. His grandmother was pissed but I think they snuffed her objections with a pillow.  

The HOF running back Tony for the Pitt Panthers and then Dallas Cowboys used to pronounce his name Dorsit. 

When he became big time he changed it to Door-sett.

Crayon Krayon same thing. An attempt to take a pedestrian name or pronunciation and make it resplendent. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The QB named Joe for the Redskins, when he was at Notre Dame his last name was pronounced “Thees-man”. 

It was decided, in order to pimp his run at the Heisman to henceforth pronounce his name Thize-man so as to rhyme with Heisman. His grandmother was pissed but I think they snuffed her objections with a pillow.  

The HOF running back Tony for the Pitt Panthers and then Dallas Cowboys used to pronounce his name Dorsit. 

Crayon Krayon same thing. An attempt to take a pedestrian name or pronunciation and make it resplendent. 

thanks

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Webb’s got a tough task to stick- Falk is Gase’s guy from Miami, he knows the playbook and in that respect can help Sam in the QB room. That’s added value. The #3 guy prob isn’t going to ever play, so what value are you adding this season.  Webb could be a better long term #2 perhaps.

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Does this explain how Favre because Farve?

These names are ridiculous & an African American professor at Harvard literally came out & said "stop naming your kids with unpronounceable names, it hurts job opportunities ect". 

I actually experienced this in a recent phone call with a customer service rep who said what her name was & I couldn't grasp it & I had to keep asking her name. It turned out it was Saqueesa but it was pronounced Se Quesa like in Quesadea. It made me think about what the Harvard professor was intimating & if any Caucasian dude said that he'd be branded a racist in today's PC climate. 

28 minutes ago, Jetster said:

These names are ridiculous & an African American professor at Harvard literally came out & said "stop naming your kids with unpronounceable names, it hurts job opportunities ect". 

I actually experienced this in a recent phone call with a customer service rep who said what her name was & I couldn't grasp it & I had to keep asking her name. It turned out it was Saqueesa but it was pronounced Se Quesa like in Quesadea. It made me think about what the Harvard professor was intimating & if any Caucasian dude said that he'd be branded a racist in today's PC climate. 

really makes you think

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

really makes you think

Jetster in his vast library, puffing away on a pipe in his smoking jacket, casually flipping through an anthology of dissertations written by American academic elites, drawn to one in particular decrying the continued use of Afrocentric baby names. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jetster in his vast library, puffing away on a pipe in his smoking jacket, casually flipping through an anthology of dissertations written by American academic elites, drawn to one in particular decrying the continued use of Afrocentric baby names. 

the whole thing reminds me of last week when I called to order a new colostomy bag and had to scream at someone on the phone bc she wasnt named Karen (not racist bc the Harvard guy is black)

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I would take that over the alternative which is a customer service rep whose accent is so thick I cannot understand a single word they say other than "Hi, my name is Dave" and then a spiral into marble-mouthed madness...usually following about 5 minutes of button-mashing to get directed to the  'best possible rep for my issue'.  

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I understand the frustration....I feel the same when some pasty faced Bostonian calls me “Lin-der”, or says he doesn’t like jal-a-pee-nos.  Blaspheme!  😏

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

the whole thing reminds me of last week when I called to order a new colostomy bag and had to scream at someone on the phone bc she wasnt named Karen (not racist bc the Harvard guy is black)

Ironically if you had gotten a Karen, she probably would have asked to speak to the manager. 

• Upvote 1
47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

True story: how do you pronounce La-a?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

How did you know I had a vast library & a smoking jacket?

17 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

New York Daily News' Manish Mehta believes WR Greg Dortch will get "every opportunity" to be the Jets' primary kick and punt returner.

Dortch (5'7/173) notched the sixth-most punt return yards (276) in all of college football at Wake Forest, averaging 11 yards per punt return with two touchdowns before forgoing his final two seasons of eligibility. Securing a role on special teams remains the rookie's best shot at making the 53-man roster after plodding a 4.59-second 40-yard dash at 173 pounds in Indy.

Dave Meggett 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I never even thought about it until I experienced it & it brought me back to seeing that Harvard Professor (John Doe) talking about it.