Polite is a bust

On 8/5/2019 at 9:17 PM, EM31 said:

I may be mistaken but i remember seeing stories of his (Abraham's) impressive practices from day-1 of training camp.  Then I thought he got injured and missed time during his rookie year.

Think he tore an abdominal around mid season, sat the rest of the year if I remember

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Think he tore an abdominal around mid season, sat the rest of the year if I remember

Was such a freak as a stand-up OLB off the edge. Then Herm came in with the 4-3 and made him a defensive end where he got nicked up constantly. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was such a freak as a stand-up OLB off the edge. Then Herm came in with the 4-3 and made him a defensive end where he got nicked up constantly. 

even as a rook, you could see the burst and speed.  Was a athletic freak.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

2000 with Groh he played 6 games.  Herm came in for 2001 and he played 16 games, he played 16 games 3 of his 5 years with herm and 12 one of the other 2 years. He would continue to be a DE in Atlanta where he played 15 or more games in all but one season down there.

Why do you make stuff up?

44 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

2000 with Groh he played 6 games.  Herm came in for 2001 and he played 16 games, he played 16 games 3 of his 5 years with herm and 12 one of the other 2 years. He would continue to be a DE in Atlanta where he played 15 or more games in all but one season down there.

Me, not getting sucked into a junc-hole 

run away dr evil GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

33 minutes ago, batmans a scientist said:

As absurd as this thread is. It should be noted, the expectations shouldn't be that high.

I looked up all 3rd round Front 7 picks since 2000. Of the 139 who played a game in their rookie season,

- 16 had 3 sacks or more.

- 7 had 5 sacks or more. The most was 8 for Ngakoue in 2016. 

I'm wonering what everone's expectation is for him in his rookie season 

I’ll be happy with 5-7 sacks

48 minutes ago, batmans a scientist said:

As absurd as this thread is. It should be noted, the expectations shouldn't be that high.

I looked up all 3rd round Front 7 picks since 2000. Of the 139 who played a game in their rookie season,

If he doesn't break the single season sack record he should be cut. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, batmans a scientist said:

Wow.  How long did this take you?  And shouldn't you be out there pulverizing the city's criminals to a pulp, Bruce?  Err I mean Batman?

Patriots effusive of long-locked rookie Chase Winovich

August 7, 2019 | 2:42pm

Former Michigan star Chase Winovich is already making a name for himself within the Patriots organization, which drafted the defensive end in the third round (77th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.

And it isn’t just from his distinct blonde locks that hang out of the back of his helmet.

Patriots linebacker star Don’t’a Hightower has taken notice of Winovich’s ability to easily integrate into the team’s systems, highlighting his transition from a down lineman to a stand-up NFL outside linebacker.

“He’s definitely got a high motor; that’s for sure. He’s one of the guys who works really hard,” Hightower said. “He’s always asking questions and he obviously wants to do the right things all of the time. You really couldn’t ask much more from a guy that’s willing to do whatever and then with the way he does it.

“He acts like he’s done it for a while and he definitely follows the role of whether it’s [John] Simon, or Kyle [Van Noy], or Jamie [Collins] or whoever. Whoever he’s working with, he does a good job of being a sponge.”

Winovich will return to familiar territory for his NFL debut with the Patriots in Thursday’s preseason matchup with the Lions. And Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is ready to see what the 24-year-old can do.

Midway through training camp, Winovich is taking every day as part of a “learning process” and is looking forward to growing as a person and a player.

But as for, whether or not the Patriot veterans will allow the rookie standout to keep his identifying hairstyle is still up in the air.

“I really don’t know,” Winovich said. “For me, it is a source of pride and strength, I’d say, playing football. But at the end of the day, it’s just hair. And if they really wanted to cut it, I wouldn’t have any qualms about it.

“I’m part of a team. It’s not about me. It’s about what the team wants. And I’ve expressed that to some of the leaders, so I think that makes them less inclined to try to cut it anyway. That’s kind of human nature.”

11 hours ago, nyjunc said:

He missed 10 games as a rookie

Missed a start in year 2

16 games in year 3

6 starts in year 4

12 in year 5.

He missed a playoff game

As dominating as he could be he was always nicked  for the Jets

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In your face, @nyjunc

I loved Abraham, had his jersey.  

But damn, he missed time when he was here.  But hey, want to bet he comes back with a half assed, twisted reply and then claims he destroyed me once again because I have no facts or a convincing fact based argument?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Another who thinks sacks are the end all be all for a DL

1. I am pretty sure that he was joking
  2. Polite is not a DL.  He was considered fat and out of shape at 258.  He is probably going to play closer to 235. He will be a Designated Pass Rusher.  Sacks may not be the "end all be all for a DL" but they certainly are for a DPR.  

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:
  1. I am pretty sure that he was joking
  2. Polite is not a DL.  He was considered fat and out of shape at 258.  He is probably going to play closer to 235. He will be a Designated Pass Rusher.  Sacks may not be the "end all be all for a DL" but they certainly are for a DPR.  

1.  Youre probably right.

2.  He gained weight and was injured.  I could care less if hes right and moving like he did at FSU

I'd like to see potential for Polite.  That's all.  Look like a guy who belongs here.  Not alot to ask.

A few tackles here and there, a couple behind the line would be great, a few sacks.  Look like you belong at the Pro level.

There is not hard "must attain" level.  Just don't look like a Defensive Hackenberg ffs.:-k

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

2.  He gained weight and was injured.  I could care less if hes right and moving like he did at FSU

What does this mean?  I won't go back to numbering my paragraphs, but he went to Florida, not Florida State.  He gained weight and was injured?  That is a nice theory.  Is he playing at the high weight or the low weight?  It doesn't much matter because either is too low for defensive line and if he's not at the heavier weight he is way small even for OLB/EDGE.  He played in college at the same size as Frankie Luvu.  That is his competition. 

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2019 at 9:50 PM, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Don’t worry, I predict that Douglas will gut virtually everyone of that serial coffee drinking Fake’s roster moves before you know it.

Which reminds me.  Any Maccagnan sitings?

Is he in forced retirement from the NFL?

With his record, scout is the highest job he is ever going to get. Especially when it came out that he didn't feel the need to confer with his HC about draft selections or free agent signings. How stupid is that?

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What does this mean?  I won't go back to numbering my paragraphs, but he went to Florida, not Florida State.  He gained weight and was injured?  That is a nice theory.  Is he playing at the high weight or the low weight?  It doesn't much matter because either is too low for defensive line and if he's not at the heavier weight he is way small even for OLB/EDGE.  He played in college at the same size as Frankie Luvu.  That is his competition. 

Very simple his numbers at the combine were horrible because he had a pulled hammy

He was injured.  Yes he gained weight, not from eating ice cream, was a bad plan

Not a nice theory, what was reported