Freemanm

Polite is a bust

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whoa hang on. I though the thread title was "Polite is a bEASt," My bad. 

Slouching toward training camp to be portly.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 10:56 PM, T0mShane said:

Was such a freak as a stand-up OLB off the edge. Then Herm came in with the 4-3 and made him a defensive end where he got nicked up constantly. 

Abraham's rep is kind of a myth generally and definitely with regard to the position thing. He had groin injuries playing end in 2003 and 2006, as he had as a rookie linebacker in 2000. After the last one he got surgery from the guy who basically invented the equivalent of tommy john for core injuries and only missed two games the next seven years, his age 29-35 seasons, until he got a concussion and retired in 2014. In 2004 he caromed a knee off Dewayne Robertson and ended up missing the Steelers game, and the drawn out will he or won't he with Herm saying it was Abraham's decision and changing the injury report even though he knew he wasn't playing is where most of this comes from. I don't think the big picture suggests his being prone to nagging injuries, let alone to the point of requiring explanation, or that his position would be a particularly good one even if it did.

• Upvote 1

On 8/7/2019 at 5:29 PM, T0mShane said:

In your face, @nyjunc

On 8/12/2019 at 10:01 PM, T0mShane said:

Yes, but he broke my heart because I thought he’d be our Derrick Thomas so I created that narrative to retroactively suit my brittle emotional needs, friend.

I think you just saw a shot at an MFM where you didn't have to be the girl for a change.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company