Freemanm

Polite is a bust

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

True story: I completely forgot about Nathan Shepherd.

Don’t worry, I predict that Douglas will gut virtually everyone of that serial coffee drinking Fake’s roster moves before you know it.

Which reminds me.  Any Maccagnan sitings?

Is he in forced retirement from the NFL?

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

--One year of college production

--Played at a reported, undersized 230 pounds

--Showed up to the Combine fat

--Made excuses for said fat

--Blamed mysterious, unnamed advisor for fat

--Runs a 4.84/40 at Combine

--Jumps a Bill Wennington-esque 31" at the Combine

--His position coach implied he was an unserious douche

--Showed up to his Pro Day--a full month later--even fatter

--Ran a glacial 5.01/40 at Pro Day

--Blames poor 40 on mysterious hamstring injury incurred, allegedly, five weeks earlier

--Despite league-wide bloodlust need for pass rushers, drops to the bottom of the third round

--Goes through two full weeks of camp entirely incapable of rushing the passer, even in drills, despite going against second- and third-team tackles.

--Gets passed over in camp for reps by superstuds Frank Luvu and Harvey Langi 

Other than some YouTube highlights, what's the positive case for Polite? That he was drafted by Mike Maccagnan (who also drafted similarly unathletic pass rushers Dylan Donahue and Lorenzo Mauldin)?

You answered your own question.

This is a classic “Maccagnan”.  A “Maccagnan” is the type of draft pick that is removed entirely from the NFL in Under 365 days from selection and earns the title of “Maccagnan” since it occurs around 90% of the time.

I swear I would have rather had Elmer Fudd as GM.

After being cut all his picks should be branded with a tattoo of an image of Maccagnan intently watching Hackenberg work out...for stealing money.

Who would even hire that guy as just the lowliest Scout today?

Then when I finally learned that he was about to be FIRED in Houston and was then almost immediately Upped to GM of the NYJ.  I think that made the Top 3 in Jet fandom misery for me.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

With his record, scout is the highest job he is ever going to get. Especially when it came out that he didn't feel the need to confer with his HC about draft selections or free agent signings. How stupid is that?

Because the guy IS stupid.  He is stupid.  There is no debating it anymore.  And I don’t want to rehash his panicked trade up 3 slots that cost 3 #2’s which could have and actually should have resulted in Josh Allen as the Jet QB.  He gets no credit for basically the ONLY move his few supporters give him credit for.

It was panicked because his back was to the wall, come home with a Franchise QB or keep walking.  Didn’t trust himself to draft one, so he tried to throw the entire Jet vault on Kirk “4-26 vs Winning Teams” Cousins.

Moron.  I’m probably wrong but I swear sometimes I think the only reason he ever worked in any capacity in the NFL is he had a hook somewhere.  He definitely had one later with Casserly.

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but this seems a little over the top.

Im not saying the guy was a great GM but you do realize the team most of us are high on (and expecting possible playoffs from ) was constructed totally by Mac with the exception of Kalil.   I personally think Darnold aside his last draft class is going to be his best.  

I wonder if the Jets have a great year could Mac win his second executive of the year award “ posthumously”?

Darnold’s coming greatness will deodorize many of Maccagnan’s mistakes.  And if not for Gettleman the Jets would still be in what was their never ending QB purgatory.

Quantified his drafting graded near or the bottom of all GMs.  I heard a podcast where this kid Michael Nania applied analytics in comparing Maccagnan’s drafting to Idzik.  Idzik was better.  His FA acquisitions and virtually all big contracts doled out were whiffs.

He constantly invested top assets toward the Dline that got no pressure for 4 years.  Neglected the most important unit of all the Oline for 4 years and could have gotten his lucky prize rookie QB seriously hurt.

I’m tired of this topic, maybe we revisit it if Casserly gets him another job somewhere. 

24 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

And yet despite all his sins, we have the best team since Ryan coached here 10 yrs ago.

And I’m tired of everybody acting like Macagnan getting Darnold was an incredible stroke of luck.  The Giants telegraphed their intentions.  Sitting at 3 he got Mayfield or Darnold. I think Mac figured the Browns would take Darnold and leave him with Mayfield. That would have been ok too.   Darnold falling to us was the only surprise.

The best and most incredible stroke of good fortune finally fell into the Jets laps with Darnold, who I think at worst will be a Top 3 QB.  Romo thinks Numero Uno, but I don’t know with Mahomes around, but Top 3 is good enough for me.

All Kirk “4-26 vs Winning Teams” Cousins had to do was afix his signature to the contract a panicked Maccagnan threw at him, and the Jets would be at Best a .500 team until Cousins contract ran and out a ton of loot....and the never ending QB search would begin again.

Look at the W-L record under Maccagnan.  With just an average schedule the first year you’re talking 4 consecutive years of double digit losses.

Again, this isn’t worth arguing about.  The guy was pure garbage, Houston was about to FIRE him and his pal Casserly sold an out to lunch owner on this moron.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sackdance said:

I am more than okay with this scenario. Macc has my blessings, wish him nothing but the best. 

I wish him the best too.  No grudges.

He just shouldn’t work in the NFL.  If he stays with football he should go back to Canada.

On 8/8/2019 at 3:48 AM, Bowles Movement said:

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion but this seems a little over the top.

Im not saying the guy was a great GM but you do realize the team most of us are high on (and expecting possible playoffs from ) was constructed totally by Mac with the exception of Kalil.   I personally think Darnold aside his last draft class is going to be his best.  

I wonder if the Jets have a great year could Mac win his second executive of the year award “ posthumously”?

I wasn’t trying to be “over the top”.  I only want to show that Maccagnan, a huge percentage of the time made “scared, safe moves”, moves that usually had a built in buffer from criticism, and that’s why he no longer has a job in the NFL in any capacity as of today.  Anyone can see the guy was trying to first and foremost protect his own job at the expense of the Franchise.

Even the Hackenberg pick was equipped with the excuse, and he actually used it, “well at least it wasn’t a 1st Rd QB miss”...I’m sure he thought the following way in his 1 step, 1 move at a time mind...”If I hit this Hackenberg lottery ticket, I’m a genius, even though I myself know I’m an idiot, and I’m collecting GM checks for another 15 years, he whiffs? Then “oh well, at least he wasn’t a 1st Rd Miss, John Elway has a bunch of those, at least I don’t”.

I actually have even more confidence in Gase seeing how quickly he got this bumbling fool bounced in a time so quick I wouldn’t have dreamed of it.

As far as this year’s draft goes I only hope you’re right and I only wish the best for it, but based on Maccagnan’s track record, I don’t have high hopes.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company