Freemanm

Polite is a bust

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Maybe someone can edit the thread title to “Polite might not be a bust after all”. 

"Polite a better prospect than Eric Smith.  No, not that Eric Smith, the UDFA out of Virginia in 2017 that has never played in an NFL game." 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’ll be the last guy to make a Polite is a bust comment. If you look in the Draft day thread, I was calling for the Jets to take him, and actually predicted the spot where we would take him (3rd round pick) during the second round.

I still think he’s going to be a good player for us, but  I have to be honest. I don’t like that he’s been playing with, and making these “sacks” against 2nd and 3rd string players. In fact I’ve noticed from the tweets from camp almost every play he’s made has come when lined up against Eric Smith.

Eh.  I wouldn't make too much of it.  You can only beat who they put in front of you.  If he keeps beating up Smith he will get to move on to the next guy.  Good news is that Smith was supposedly a guy with quick feet, susceptible to bull rushes and counters, while Polite was primarily a speed rusher (now with questioned speed).  

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 10:58 PM, Jet hustle said:

Nathan shepherd used to work at Walmart.

Once and future? 

On 8/2/2019 at 10:09 PM, T0mShane said:

This Danielle Hunter?

danielle.PNG

The scariest thing about those numbers is that 252 lbs is 14th percentile.  When Polite got to 258 he was allowed to use it as an excuse for being slow and apparently it excused being horrible in interviews.  What percentile is 235 lbs?

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2019 at 11:25 PM, T0mShane said:

--One year of college production

--Played at a reported, undersized 230 pounds

--Showed up to the Combine fat

--Made excuses for said fat

--Blamed mysterious, unnamed advisor for fat

--Runs a 4.84/40 at Combine

--Jumps a Bill Wennington-esque 31" at the Combine

--His position coach implied he was an unserious douche

--Showed up to his Pro Day--a full month later--even fatter

--Ran a glacial 5.01/40 at Pro Day

--Blames poor 40 on mysterious hamstring injury incurred, allegedly, five weeks earlier

--Despite league-wide bloodlust need for pass rushers, drops to the bottom of the third round

--Goes through two full weeks of camp entirely incapable of rushing the passer, even in drills, despite going against second- and third-team tackles.

--Gets passed over in camp for reps by superstuds Frank Luvu and Harvey Langi 

Other than some YouTube highlights, what's the positive case for Polite? That he was drafted by Mike Maccagnan (who also drafted similarly unathletic pass rushers Dylan Donahue and Lorenzo Mauldin)?

This is ******* typical @T0mShane bullsh*t.  Polite didn't drop to the bottom of the third round.  They took him with the ******* 4th pick in the round!  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

It's funny that when comparing his progress to past pass rushers, we still use the example of John Abraham. The guy played for us like 20 years ago. Are there really so few? 

You'd prefer that we compared him to Dorian Boose? 

18 hours ago, Matt39 said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/80488/new-coaches-new-mindset-for-new-york-jets-all-gas-no-brakes

5. Early training-camp awards:

• Mike Maccagnan draft pick who should be worried about his roster spot -- RB Trenton Cannon

• Possible surprise cut -- RB Bilal Powell

Obviously Cimini missed on Jeremy Clark

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I went to a university for learned doctors. We didn’t compete for Heismans, we competed for Nobels.

More like Knoebels. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Talk to me when you university creates the worlds great sports drink. 

So, you aren't going to talk to Shane unless someone from SUNY Purchase invented Propel

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Propel is Gatorade.  

That's okay.  I can't remember if it was SUNY Purchase or SUNY New Paltz.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Another who thinks sacks are the end all be all for a DL

1. I am pretty sure that he was joking
  2. Polite is not a DL.  He was considered fat and out of shape at 258.  He is probably going to play closer to 235. He will be a Designated Pass Rusher.  Sacks may not be the "end all be all for a DL" but they certainly are for a DPR.  

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

2.  He gained weight and was injured.  I could care less if hes right and moving like he did at FSU

What does this mean?  I won't go back to numbering my paragraphs, but he went to Florida, not Florida State.  He gained weight and was injured?  That is a nice theory.  Is he playing at the high weight or the low weight?  It doesn't much matter because either is too low for defensive line and if he's not at the heavier weight he is way small even for OLB/EDGE.  He played in college at the same size as Frankie Luvu.  That is his competition. 

• Haha 1

Boy oh boy. 

What the **** do we care who is stupid?  If Eli will be in the HOF?  If Bill Belichick is overrated?  Let's get back on point.  Is our 5.0 forty, 236 lb fat LB a bust or not?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company