Polite is a bust

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m trying man, I’m really trying.

you guys are tough to convince though so here’s my last bullet in the chamber....

we don’t know sh*t yet.

Based on less than two weeks of camp we know the following:

• Q is better than Aaron Donald
  • Polite is a bust
  • Chuma is a future solid starter on the OL
  • Wesco will be our version of Mark Bavaro
  • Bless will be our #1 CB in 2020
  • Cashman will be THE steal of the 2019 draft
  • Dortch will be better than Bruce Harper 

Or did I overreact just a bit?

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

• Polite is a bust

Don't forget, Daniel Jones is a generational talent!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

• Polite is a bust

I don't think overreact as much as draw/make some pretty bold and probably premature conclusions / statements.  But hey stoked for the season and agree on the Polite Bust, Q being great, Chuma's gonna be solid.  Go Jets!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

• Polite is a bust

No

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

• Polite is a bust

Probably yes, you know, thinking this over the top imaginary reporting was discussed here.

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

FWIW, I was at practice today. The section I was in didn't give me the greatest angle to evaluate players, but during the conditioning runs, Polite came in 1st place in his group 2 out of the 3 times. I don't know if Polite is going to pan out, but he is hustling out there. 

This is the best news of all.  Hamstring healed and showing effort.  The next-level technique stuff will come and if it's taking a little while to absorb the playbook as a stand up OLB then I'm not going to go crazy about that.

Out of curiosity, do you know who else was in that group during the condition runs?  (Please don't tell me it was McClendon, Nathan Shepherd, etc. lol)

• Sympathy 1

This is the best news of all.  Hamstring healed and showing effort.  The next-level technique stuff will come and if it's taking a little while to absorb the playbook as a stand up OLB then I'm not going to go crazy about that.
Out of curiosity, do you know who else was in that group during the condition runs?  (Please don't tell me it was McClendon, Nathan Shepherd, etc. lol)

Lol, it was the OL & DL, but the other edge guys were in the group as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just give the guy a chance to stop thinking about what he has to do and just react to what’s going in front of him and then judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, JiF said:

Not really,  Pass rushers typically are slow to transition.   Abraham himself played 6 games his rookie season.  Didnt start a single game.  Had 4 sacks.  14 tackles.  And there are probably 10x more examples of that than there is a guy coming into the league on fire. 

I may be mistaken but i remember seeing stories of his (Abraham's) impressive practices from day-1 of training camp.  Then I thought he got injured and missed time during his rookie year.

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Al2Cw2aO_bigger.jpg
Rookie Jachai Polite is getting second team reps. He has had a few good practices lately and is moving up the depth chart.

I'm shocked to learn that a rookie 3 weeks into his pro career is improving week by week.  Wont be impressed though until it's 1st team and he's beating Beachum on the reg.

Promising observations here on #Jets WR Robby Anderson’s usage in training camp practices from . Sounds like Adam Gase is in fact diversifying Anderson’s route tree & even finding ways to manufacture him touches:
The way things are going thread title should be changed to  POLITE IS A BEAST.  :)

zSfX0yYN?format=jpg&name=small

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Notice how he's carrying his teammates helmets too?  What a nice kid.  He probably helps disabled people cross the road and gives his seat up to woman and elderly on the subway too. 

LOL

To tell you the truth, after seeing Q carrying helmets, and laughing, when I saw the Polite pic, I thought, man he looks pissed off.  lol 

10 hours ago, slats said:

It's good to see Polite participating in rookie hazing and carrying his teammates' helmets. After his miserable combine interviews, a little humility is a good thing. 

He’s actually stealing the helmets to sell on eBay to buy 4Loko and eclairs.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, JiF said:

Notice how he's carrying his teammates helmets too?  What a nice kid.  He probably helps disabled people cross the road and gives his seat up to woman and elderly on the subway too. 

10 hours ago, slats said:

It's good to see Polite participating in rookie hazing and carrying his teammates' helmets. After his miserable combine interviews, a little humility is a good thing. 

What kind of miserable Jet fan dumps on this kid?

He’s going to be a star and I can’t wait to see him in action. 

Seems appropriately humble.