Jump to content
Freemanm

Polite is a bust

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

So he can get fatter? 

Doesn’t seem so fat anymore. 

Does he. 

Spanx 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 9:17 PM, EM31 said:

I may be mistaken but i remember seeing stories of his (Abraham's) impressive practices from day-1 of training camp.  Then I thought he got injured and missed time during his rookie year.

Think he tore an abdominal around mid season, sat the rest of the year if I remember

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Think he tore an abdominal around mid season, sat the rest of the year if I remember

Was such a freak as a stand-up OLB off the edge. Then Herm came in with the 4-3 and made him a defensive end where he got nicked up constantly. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No chance. PED’s are low-calorie 

It’s served in f*cking maple walnut ice cream. Are you crazy?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Was such a freak as a stand-up OLB off the edge. Then Herm came in with the 4-3 and made him a defensive end where he got nicked up constantly. 

even as a rook, you could see the burst and speed.  Was a athletic freak.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Was such a freak as a stand-up OLB off the edge. Then Herm came in with the 4-3 and made him a defensive end where he got nicked up constantly. 

2000 with Groh he played 6 games.  Herm came in for 2001 and he played 16 games, he played 16 games 3 of his 5 years with herm and 12 one of the other 2 years. He would continue to be a DE in Atlanta where he played 15 or more games in all but one season down there.

Why do you make stuff up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

2000 with Groh he played 6 games.  Herm came in for 2001 and he played 16 games, he played 16 games 3 of his 5 years with herm and 12 one of the other 2 years. He would continue to be a DE in Atlanta where he played 15 or more games in all but one season down there.

Why do you make stuff up?

Me, not getting sucked into a junc-hole 

run away dr evil GIF

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Me, not getting sucked into a junc-hole 

run away dr evil GIF

You lying, getting called out then squirming off

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You lying, getting called out then squirming off

 

giphy.gif

You, trying to bait sane people into arguing the merits of Herm and/or Rex

labyrinth GIF

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You, trying to bait sane people into arguing the merits of Herm and/or Rex
200.gif&key=3ea293d0e82bc1422f2ab9edbf9f21f1f314b2c77c15b6a80a61c4d502233132
Rex had 'a' merit ??

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You, trying to bait sane people into arguing the merits of Herm and/or Rex

labyrinth GIF

Sane?

 

tenor.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Me, not getting sucked into a junc-hole 

run away dr evil GIF

He just destroyed you.  No one can debate him, hes the JI, JN, FinHeaven, TGG all time champ.  

You can try but its really just futile.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, batmans a scientist said:

As absurd as this thread is. It should be noted, the expectations shouldn't be that high.

 

I looked up all 3rd round Front 7 picks since 2000. Of the 139 who played a game in their rookie season,

- 16 had 3 sacks or more.

- 7 had 5 sacks or more. The most was 8 for Ngakoue in 2016. 

I'm wonering what everone's expectation is for him in his rookie season 

I’ll be happy with 5-7 sacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HOLY analytics, Batman!

serrously, good job...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, batmans a scientist said:

As absurd as this thread is. It should be noted, the expectations shouldn't be that high.

 

I looked up all 3rd round Front 7 picks since 2000. Of the 139 who played a game in their rookie season,

- 16 had 3 sacks or more.

- 7 had 5 sacks or more. The most was 8 for Ngakoue in 2016. 

I'm wonering what everone's expectation is for him in his rookie season 

If he doesn't break the single season sack record he should be cut. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, batmans a scientist said:

As absurd as this thread is. It should be noted, the expectations shouldn't be that high.

 

I looked up all 3rd round Front 7 picks since 2000. Of the 139 who played a game in their rookie season,

- 16 had 3 sacks or more. 

- 7 had 5 sacks or more. The most was 8 for Ngakoue in 2016. 

I'm wonering what everone's expectation is for him in his rookie season  

Wow.  How long did this take you?  And shouldn't you be out there pulverizing the city's criminals to a pulp, Bruce?  Err I mean Batman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patriots effusive of long-locked rookie Chase Winovich

August 7, 2019 | 2:42pm

 

Former Michigan star Chase Winovich is already making a name for himself within the Patriots organization, which drafted the defensive end in the third round (77th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.

And it isn’t just from his distinct blonde locks that hang out of the back of his helmet.

Patriots linebacker star Don’t’a Hightower has taken notice of Winovich’s ability to easily integrate into the team’s systems, highlighting his transition from a down lineman to a stand-up NFL outside linebacker.

“He’s definitely got a high motor; that’s for sure. He’s one of the guys who works really hard,” Hightower said. “He’s always asking questions and he obviously wants to do the right things all of the time. You really couldn’t ask much more from a guy that’s willing to do whatever and then with the way he does it.

“He acts like he’s done it for a while and he definitely follows the role of whether it’s [John] Simon, or Kyle [Van Noy], or Jamie [Collins] or whoever. Whoever he’s working with, he does a good job of being a sponge.”

Winovich will return to familiar territory for his NFL debut with the Patriots in Thursday’s preseason matchup with the Lions. And Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is ready to see what the 24-year-old can do.

Midway through training camp, Winovich is taking every day as part of a “learning process” and is looking forward to growing as a person and a player.

But as for, whether or not the Patriot veterans will allow the rookie standout to keep his identifying hairstyle is still up in the air.

“I really don’t know,” Winovich said. “For me, it is a source of pride and strength, I’d say, playing football. But at the end of the day, it’s just hair. And if they really wanted to cut it, I wouldn’t have any qualms about it.

“I’m part of a team. It’s not about me. It’s about what the team wants. And I’ve expressed that to some of the leaders, so I think that makes them less inclined to try to cut it anyway. That’s kind of human nature.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nyjunc said:

2000 with Groh he played 6 games.  Herm came in for 2001 and he played 16 games, he played 16 games 3 of his 5 years with herm and 12 one of the other 2 years. He would continue to be a DE in Atlanta where he played 15 or more games in all but one season down there.

Why do you make stuff up?

He missed 10 games as a rookie

Missed a start in year 2

16 games in year 3

6 starts in year 4

12 in year 5.

He missed a playoff game

As dominating as he could be he was always nicked  for the Jets

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If he doesn't break the single season sack record he should be cut. 

Another who thinks sacks are the end all be all for a DL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He missed 10 games as a rookie

Missed a start in year 2

16 games in year 3

6 starts in year 4

12 in year 5.

He missed a playoff game

As dominating as he could be he was always nicked  for the Jets

In your face, @nyjunc

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In your face, @nyjunc

I loved Abraham, had his jersey.  

But damn, he missed time when he was here.  But hey, want to bet he comes back with a half assed, twisted reply and then claims he destroyed me once again because I have no facts or a convincing fact based argument?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Another who thinks sacks are the end all be all for a DL

  1. I am pretty sure that he was joking
  2. Polite is not a DL.  He was considered fat and out of shape at 258.  He is probably going to play closer to 235. He will be a Designated Pass Rusher.  Sacks may not be the "end all be all for a DL" but they certainly are for a DPR.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical NE ball washing fluff article.

He’s keen to learn, he’s got a high motor, he’s got long hair, What next he’s gritty? -

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:
  1. I am pretty sure that he was joking
  2. Polite is not a DL.  He was considered fat and out of shape at 258.  He is probably going to play closer to 235. He will be a Designated Pass Rusher.  Sacks may not be the "end all be all for a DL" but they certainly are for a DPR.  

1.  Youre probably right.

2.  He gained weight and was injured.  I could care less if hes right and moving like he did at FSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see potential for Polite.  That's all.  Look like a guy who belongs here.  Not alot to ask.

A few tackles here and there, a couple behind the line would be great, a few sacks.  Look like you belong at the Pro level.

There is not hard "must attain" level.  Just don't look like a Defensive Hackenberg ffs.:-k

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

2.  He gained weight and was injured.  I could care less if hes right and moving like he did at FSU

What does this mean?  I won't go back to numbering my paragraphs, but he went to Florida, not Florida State.  He gained weight and was injured?  That is a nice theory.  Is he playing at the high weight or the low weight?  It doesn't much matter because either is too low for defensive line and if he's not at the heavier weight he is way small even for OLB/EDGE.  He played in college at the same size as Frankie Luvu.  That is his competition. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 9:50 PM, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Don’t worry, I predict that Douglas will gut virtually everyone of that serial coffee drinking Fake’s roster moves before you know it.

Which reminds me.  Any Maccagnan sitings?

Is he in forced retirement from the NFL?

With his record, scout is the highest job he is ever going to get. Especially when it came out that he didn't feel the need to confer with his HC about draft selections or free agent signings. How stupid is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna be so pissed if he doesn’t win the rookie of the year, defensive MVP, And the home run derby. ****in bust Thanks a lot Mac 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What does this mean?  I won't go back to numbering my paragraphs, but he went to Florida, not Florida State.  He gained weight and was injured?  That is a nice theory.  Is he playing at the high weight or the low weight?  It doesn't much matter because either is too low for defensive line and if he's not at the heavier weight he is way small even for OLB/EDGE.  He played in college at the same size as Frankie Luvu.  That is his competition. 

Very simple his numbers at the combine were horrible because he had a pulled hammy

He was injured.  Yes he gained weight, not from eating ice cream, was a bad plan

Not a nice theory, what was reported

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...