College Football 2019

I'm so nervous.  I have no idea what to expect this season.  I could totally see the Gators losing opening week vs. the Canes and losing to Auburn and LSU.  Or I could see the Georgia game being for all the marbles in the East @Lith.  They're just so loaded I dont think we're there yet.  It all really depends on Franks.  The Gators skills positoins is loaded for the first time in a long time.  The D will be good but we did lose some key players, like this guy Jachai Polite.  You may have heard of him.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'm so nervous.  I have no idea what to expect this season.  I could totally see the Gators losing opening week vs. the Canes and losing to Auburn and LSU.  Or I could see the Georgia game being for all the marbles in the East @Lith.  They're just so loaded I dont think we're there yet.  It all really depends on Franks.  The Gators skills positoins is loaded for the first time in a long time.  The D will be good but we did lose some key players, like this guy Jachai Polite.  You may have heard of him.  

Agree about Franks.  It all rides on him.  He needs to be better.  No excuses for him this year, like you said the skill guys are there.   I think you’ll handle Miami easily though.   I don’t see them putting up much of a challenge, especially early in the season.  Going to take them a little while to get going under their new coach.  

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Haven't you heard, Polite is a bust, how much can you really miss him. 

I expect that game in Jax will be the one for the East.  Looking forward to it -- going down with my son to the game, then driving down to Miami for Jets-Phins on Sunday.  Going to be my first UGA-UF game since I was a student; almost 30 years ago.  Got our asses kicked back then, hoping for a better result this year.

As for me, I am always nervous, but as a Jets-Dawgs fan, I have reason to be.  My teams always manage to lose the big games.  Under Kirby, the big games have gotten a bit bigger, but we still manage to play well enough to come close but fall short.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agree about Franks.  It all rides on him.  He needs to be better.  No excuses for him this year, like you said the skill guys are there.   I think you’ll handle Miami easily though.   I don’t see them putting up much of a challenge, especially early in the season.  Going to take them a little while to get going under their new coach.  

He really started playing better toward the end of the season.  I'm hoping he can use the momentum with another year under Mullen and a lot more weapons to step it up.  We also Taylor an Ivey from the OL, so that creates some challenges too.  Hopefully we can be factory that just keeps plugging them in but Mullen has a lot to be desired from a recruiting perspective to get there. 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Haven't you heard, Polite is a bust, how much can you really miss him. 

I expect that game in Jax will be the one for the East.  Looking forward to it -- going down with my son to the game, then driving down to Miami for Jets-Phins on Sunday.  Going to be my first UGA-UF game since I was a student; almost 30 years ago.  Got our asses kicked back then, hoping for a better result this year.

As for me, I am always nervous, but as a Jets-Dawgs fan, I have reason to be.  My teams always manage to lose the big games.  Under Kirby, the big games have gotten a bit bigger, but we still manage to play well enough to come close but fall short.

My best bud is a dawg.  I've always taken joy in watching his heartbreak, the last fews seasons I havent had it in me.  lol  Feel so bad for you guys.  Just the craziest games ever.  You cant write what's been happening to you guys.

I'm hungry for Gator football this year. Been a while since I was feeling confident. 

2019 NCAA season is going to be about the QBs, and the WRs... potentially a season for the ages. So many prospects/situations this year. 

Very excited for football this fall. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If anyone is pinning their hopes on franks give it up right now.  He is utterly terrible.

10-3.  31 total TD's vs. 7 turnovers is not terrible, especially playing an SEC schedule.  I would have agreed with you this time last year but now?   Only a hater wouldnt be excited about what he could potentially do this season.  It's year 2 under Mullen after a huge jump last year and his offense is absolutely loaded.  Word out of Gainesville is he looks like a totally different player.  6'6 freak who's 21 years old and no chance he gets better with experience and great coaching?  IDK man, I'm pretty excited.  The Gators have been terrible at QB since Tebow.  This is like coming on JN and telling us we shouldnt be excited about Sam Darnold. lol

On 8/11/2019 at 12:28 PM, Paradis said:

I'm hungry for Gator football this year. Been a while since I was feeling confident. 

2019 NCAA season is going to be about the QBs, and the WRs... potentially a season for the ages. So many prospects/situations this year. 

Very excited for football this fall. 

It's crazy to think that both of my teams college/NFL are suddenly going to be carried by the offense. 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m reading posts from guys who root for royalty, the Gators, UGa, and Clemson talk college football.

Its like hearing a room full of the 1% discussing their tax woes.

I post here in this forum and I'm definitely not a fan that roots for royalty. Go Lobos!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m reading posts from guys who root for royalty, the Gators, UGa, and Clemson talk college football.

Undergraduate was University of Pennsylvania Quakers.  Grad school was the Georgia Bulldogs.  Which one would you be talking about on a football site.  And I could have one guy from each of my school's starting at OLB for the Jets this season.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m a Syracuse Orange fan, so I can relate. 

You sure? At least Syracuse is somewhat relevant. A good season for the Lobos is our QB throwing for 500 yards....on the season....and not finishing last in the Mountain West. The Lobos biggest claim to fame is Urlacher.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL. Good for you.

I’m a Syracuse Orange fan, so I can relate. 

I love what Dino is doing up there in Syracuse.   He’s totally changing the culture there.  Tommy Devito is a friend of my son and I have watched him since he was in 6th grade.   They went to camps together from middle school into high school.  He’s a great kid and really talented.   Lots to be excited for up in Syracuse.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I love what Dino is doing up there in Syracuse.   He’s totally changing the culture there.  Tommy Devito is a friend of my son and I have watched him since he was in 6th grade.   They went to camps together from middle school into high school.  He’s a great kid and really talented.   Lots to be excited for up in Syracuse.  

I’m guessing you’re a Jersey guy. One of my buddies down in SC is from Randolph, and he was telling me how good DeVito will be when he committed to the ‘Cuse. We got to see a glimpse of it last year, when he got to play a little bit.

The kid has big shoes to fill. Dungey was a beast, but you’re right, Dino Barbers is doing a great job. I can’t wait to see how the new kid does. I’m really looking forward to this season.

Who knows, we might even be able to stop your Tigers on 4th and long this year (ugh, that 3rd string QB of yours...) and pull off another upset like two years ago. LOL

If we don’t, I’ll be pulling for you guys to beat Bama again!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm flattered.  It certainly hasnt felt very royal in Gainesville for the last decade. 

On 8/12/2019 at 10:09 PM, 14 in Green said:

I’m guessing you’re a Jersey guy. One of my buddies down in SC is from Randolph, and he was telling me how good DeVito will be when he committed to the ‘Cuse. We got to see a glimpse of it last year, when he got to play a little bit.

The kid has big shoes to fill. Dungey was a beast, but you’re right, Dino Barbers is doing a great job. I can’t wait to see how the new kid does. I’m really looking forward to this season.

Who knows, we might even be able to stop your Tigers on 4th and long this year (ugh, that 3rd string QB of yours...) and pull off another upset like two years ago. LOL

If we don’t, I’ll be pulling for you guys to beat Bama again!

Yes I’m in northern NJ.   Dungey was a tough kid, used his feet more than Devito will IMO, but I think Devito is the better passer.  

True, that one 4th down conversion was the difference in CU’s season, could have been very different if they don’t convert there.  It’s good to see a program like Syracuse become relevant again, if Dino can recruit the northeast like some of the Big10 schools he could keep a nice pipeline of talent coming in.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/17/2019 at 9:27 AM, sec101row23 said:

One week from today the college game starts up again.  Florida v. Miami.  Florida is a 7 point favorite, easiest money you will make all year.  Florida by 20+.  

Really?  I dont see it that way at all.  Miami's D is nasty.  Their Dline is really nasty.  If the Gators have a weakness, it's OL.   I think it's a close game.  If the Gators win by more than 10, I'd be shocked so for that, maybe a winning beat...but easy?  I think if you lay money down, you're biting your nails in that 4th quarter. 

20 hours ago, JiF said:

Really?  I dont see it that way at all.  Miami's D is nasty.  Their Dline is really nasty.  If the Gators have a weakness, it's OL.   I think it's a close game.  If the Gators win by more than 10, I'd be shocked so for that, maybe a winning beat...but easy?  I think if you lay money down, you're biting your nails in that 4th quarter. 

From everything I’ve heard about Miami this summer, I would be very surprised if they kept it close against the Gators.  Their offense isn’t good.  They’ll have a red shirt freshman starting his first game against you guys.   While the D-line is decent, I don’t think they’ll score much against you.  Even though Franks has a lot to prove this year, he at least has a bunch of experience and has played in big games over his career.   I just don’t see this being very competitive if Florida plays close to their expectations.  

27 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

From everything I’ve heard about Miami this summer, I would be very surprised if they kept it close against the Gators.  Their offense isn’t good.  They’ll have a red shirt freshman starting his first game against you guys.   While the D-line is decent, I don’t think they’ll score much against you.  Even though Franks has a lot to prove this year, he at least has a bunch of experience and has played in big games over his career.   I just don’t see this being very competitive if Florida plays close to their expectations.  

I think the biggest advantage for the Gators is facing a QB with zero experience.  That's a big game to start your career and while the Gators have OL struggles, so do the Canes.

I think we win, I just dont think it will be big.  But I like your optimism.  lol

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think the biggest advantage for the Gators is facing a QB with zero experience.  That's a big game to start your career and while the Gators have OL struggles, so do the Canes.

I think we win, I just dont think it will be big.  But I like your optimism.  lol

Lol...I get it, I never think Clemson will win big, I can give a million reasons why they can lose to anybody.  

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2019 at 7:27 AM, sec101row23 said:

One week from today the college game starts up again.  Florida v. Miami.  Florida is a 7 point favorite, easiest money you will make all year.  Florida by 20+.  

Hope you're right. I just got in at -7.

On 8/20/2019 at 8:31 AM, sec101row23 said:

Lol...I get it, I never think Clemson will win big, I can give a million reasons why they can lose to anybody.  

This is the way we are wired as Jet fans.  Always figure out a reason to expect the L.  When we take on Murray State in two weeks, I will figure out a reason to make myself nervous before the game.  No idea what that reason will be now, but I will have it figured out by then.