sec101row23

College Football 2019

@JiF You have Franksenberg on your hands. He's awful at so many levels when it comes to QBing, the cherry on the top is it seems like he is a grade A a$$hole.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RobR said:

@JiF You have Franksenberg on your hands. He's awful at so many levels when it comes to QBing, the cherry on the top is it seems like he is a grade A a$$hole.

Franks looked horrific.  If he continues to play like that Florida is in trouble.  

10 hours ago, RobR said:

Yeah, he's a dbag and terrible.  It's a lethal combination.  In a bad way.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Franks looked horrific.  If he continues to play like that Florida is in trouble.  

Did you bet on the "easiest money you'll make all year"?   haha.  I had too...

I knew that was going to be an ugly, close game.  That ugly?  No.  But those games, especially the first game of the year are always ugly.  The Gators did everything in their power to give Miami a chance to win.  Quite literally, handing them the ball every time they had a chance to pull away.

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

I knew that was going to be an ugly, close game.  That ugly?  No.  But those games, especially the first game of the year are always ugly.  The Gators did everything in their power to give Miami a chance to win.  Quite literally, handing them the ball every time they had a chance to pull away.

Congrats on the W.  It was ugly, but a win is still a win.

That is why I don't bet on sports.  Really thought you guys would win easily.  But everytime you had a chance to pull away, you did some stupid sh*t to keep them in it.

Ugly game, but at least college football is back.

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Congrats on the W.  It was ugly, but a win is still a win.

That is why I don't bet on sports.  Really thought you guys would win easily.  But everytime you had a chance to pull away, you did some stupid sh*t to keep them in it.

Ugly game, but at least college football is back.

First game of the year, a week early, neutral site instate rivalry game vs. a team that I think is very underrated...doesnt matter how you get the W.  The encouraging part was the mistakes were all self inflicted.  The 2 fumbles were literally just handing the ball away and the Franks pick, I dont even know what to say...and then on the flip side, they couldnt recover a fumble or get a tipped ball to save their life, while Miami got them all.  Some questionable calls, non-calls and just general sloppiness you see early in the year.  

College Football is back and while I stressed out for 4 hours, it felt good going to sleep beating Miami.  They own the Gators. 

Off Frorida Maimi topic but what an end to arizona Vs. hawaii. Arizona QB tackled at 1 yard line to end the game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faba said:

Off Frorida Maimi topic but what an end to arizona Vs. hawaii. Arizona QB tackled at 1 yard line to end the game

Just watched that game; recorded it last night and watched it this morning.  Fun game; not much defense, but an entertaining game to watch.

I just wish I hadn't popped into this thread with the score tied 35-35 early in the 4th.  Spolier alert.

23 hours ago, JiF said:

No, didn’t bet the game.  You have to be a little worried about Franks though?  I get the first game stuff, it’s always tough to open against a rival power 5 team as opposed to a cupcake FCS team, but I thought you guys were much better than Miami.  Oh well, that’s why they play the games.  Maybe Miami is better than what people are giving them credit for.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

No, didn’t bet the game.  You have to be a little worried about Franks though?  I get the first game stuff, it’s always tough to open against a rival power 5 team as opposed to a cupcake FCS team, but I thought you guys were much better than Miami.  Oh well, that’s why they play the games.  Maybe Miami is better than what people are giving them credit for.  

I didnt bet either and I'm pissed because I would have picked both Miami and Hawaii to cover. 

Yes, highly concerned with Franks.  He's erratic and totally unlikeable.  That said, he did come through when he needed to and while he turned the ball over 3 times, he also put up good yards and scored 3 TD's.  While it was a concerning performance, he never got rattled and had an answer when he needed too.  I also thought Mullen called a highly questionable game.  He's usually an outstanding play caller but that game plan was bizzare.  You know the strength of Miami's D is the front 7, especially the LB'ers and yet you throw the ball behind the LOS for the entire first half.  I always thought you were underrating Miami in this game but no after watching them, they're going to be a tough out for anyone if they can figure out the OL.  They have some athletes.

Similar to week 1 in the NFL, there isnt really anything to take from this game.  A win is a win, especially in that environment/situation.  I'm not making any season predictions based on Sat.  The only thing I can say is, I'd have Emory Jones ready to go if Franks keeps up this pace. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I didnt bet either and I'm pissed because I would have picked both Miami and Hawaii to cover. 

Yes, highly concerned with Franks.  He's erratic and totally unlikeable.  That said, he did come through when he needed to and while he turned the ball over 3 times, he also put up good yards and scored 3 TD's.  While it was a concerning performance, he never got rattled and had an answer when he needed too.  I also thought Mullen called a highly questionable game.  He's usually an outstanding play caller but that game plan was bizzare.  You know the strength of Miami's D is the front 7, especially the LB'ers and yet you throw the ball behind the LOS for the entire first half.  I always thought you were underrating Miami in this game but no after watching them, they're going to be a tough out for anyone if they can figure out the OL.  They have some athletes.

Similar to week 1 in the NFL, there isnt really anything to take from this game.  A win is a win, especially in that environment/situation.  I'm not making any season predictions based on Sat.  The only thing I can say is, I'd have Emory Jones ready to go if Franks keeps up this pace. 

Agree about not attacking Miami vertically.  You had a big advantage out there.   Your WR group is nice, need to feed them downfield.  

45 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

yall all owe me 50 bucks

Franks blows

Why do we owe you 50? 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Why do we owe you 50? 

49 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

yall all owe me 50 bucks

Franks blows

On 8/17/2019 at 8:27 AM, sec101row23 said:

One week from today the college game starts up again.  Florida v. Miami.  Florida is a 7 point favorite, easiest money you will make all year.  Florida by 20+.  

On 8/22/2019 at 6:37 PM, RobR said:

Hope you're right. I just got in at -7.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:15 AM, Lith said:

Easy money.  Gators by 17.

I think you are in the clear, JiF.  Pretty sure he is referring to me, Sec101 and Rob who talked up the Gators winning big and he blew $50 on them.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

I think you are in the clear, JiF.  Pretty sure he is referring to me, Sec101 and Rob who talked up the Gators winning big and he blew $50 on them.

I was loving Florida for months for this game, and as soon as I saw three of my rando internet friends like it too, i was like cash money time baby hahaha

6 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

I was loving Florida for months for this game, and as soon as I saw three of my rando internet friends like it too, i was like cash money time baby hahaha

Why didnt you listen to the alumni of the group?   I said dont do it! 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Related image

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Why didnt you listen to the alumni of the group?   I said dont do it! 

Shoulda listened

• Haha 1

Lots of games tonight.   Defending champs hanging another banner tonight!   Will be interesting to see Georgia Tech running the air-raid offense now, they were one of the last D1 programs running the triple option.   Clemson is favored by 37, seems high because I don’t think Dabo will beat up on the new coach too badly in his first game.  Plus he likes to play a lot of guys early in the year to get them some experience.  

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

UCLA oof. That conference has just nosedived. 

Agreed.  Maybe Chip Kelly isn’t a genius after all ? Lol....   The problem for that conference and particularly the California schools is that some of their best in state prospects are leaving and playing for some of the schools in the southeast.  Not a good trend for the Pac12.  

On 8/29/2019 at 6:12 AM, sec101row23 said:

Lots of games tonight.   Defending champs hanging another banner tonight!   Will be interesting to see Georgia Tech running the air-raid offense now, they were one of the last D1 programs running the triple option.   Clemson is favored by 37, seems high because I don’t think Dabo will beat up on the new coach too badly in his first game.  Plus he likes to play a lot of guys early in the year to get them some experience.  

Higgins is flying under the radar -- if that's possible. He's the best WR prospect in this draft class. Not taking anything away from Jeudy & Co, but if you don't see a prototype X who can be your outside WR1, then you're blind.  Btw, Etienne... yeesh. Can we have both? 

PS. I think it's time to close the book on Chip Kelly. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Higgins is flying under the radar -- if that's possible. He's the best WR prospect in this draft class. Not taking anything away from Jeudy & Co, but if you don't see a prototype X who can be your outside WR1, then you're blind.  Btw, Etienne... yeesh. Can we have both? 

PS. I think it's time to close the book on Chip Kelly. 

Higgins is the best with the ball in the air, he’s so good at using his body to shield defenders.  They barely unleashed the downfield passing attack last night.  Ross and Ngata were barely used.  Etienne was hitting the weight room this past offseason and it shows.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  Maybe Chip Kelly isn’t a genius after all ? Lol....   The problem for that conference and particularly the California schools is that some of their best in state prospects are leaving and playing for some of the schools in the southeast.  Not a good trend for the Pac12.  

And some are coming back.....

On 8/30/2019 at 4:52 PM, HelenOfTroy said:

Coming back where?   Right now there are 13 California players in the Rivals top 100 recruits for the 2020 class.  Only 1 is committed to a California school.  Seven are committed to schools east of the Mississippi and another 4 are going to either Washington or Oregon.  The best in state talent isn’t staying in California anymore.  

• Upvote 1

Pac 12 gets weaker every year it seems. First week and already they are taking a hit. UCLa, Arizona, Oregon, Oregon st all lost. Cal just barely won against a lower school. Utah had the most impressive win against rival

On 8/29/2019 at 11:34 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

I see my Huskies started off with a big W against Wagner, matching last year’s win total. BCS HERE WE COME!

The BCS is gone...

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

The BCS is gone...

Lol exactly. The last time UConn even stood a chance at winning more than a few games in a season, the BCS was still a thing.

This season was supposed to be different. We were supposed to be better than our 1 win campaign last year. Instead we barely hung on against freaking Wagner, showing that we’re no better than we have been since the days of the BCS

On 8/30/2019 at 2:52 PM, HelenOfTroy said:

You must be rather upset considering what happened to your young potential star QB last night.

Couple of observations from the Syracuse game yesterday.

Our defense could be really good this year.

DeVito wasn't sharp at all, in fact he was reckless at times. I'll give him a pass though, I'm just happy we didn't open against a stronger opponent then Liberty.

Hugh Freeze is a maniac. Who coaches from a hospital bed in the coaches box? :dohslap:

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Couple of observations from the Syracuse game yesterday.

Our defense could be really good this year.

DeVito wasn't sharp at all, in fact he was reckless at times. I'll give him a pass though, I'm just happy we didn't open against a stronger opponent then Liberty.

Hugh Freeze is a maniac. Who coaches from a hospital bed in the coaches box? :dohslap:

What did you think of Liberty's AGG?