sec101row23

College Football 2019

15 hours ago, Lith said:

Fixed that little typo for you above.  Hope you hate us just a little bit more tomorrow evening.

Just got into town a few hours ago.  Will be my first Georgia-Florida game since about 1990. 

Looking forward to it, but like you, I am nervous about this one.  We haven't been playing well offensively all year, unless we elevate our game, I don't see us putting up a lot of points.  OL has not lived up to the preseason hype and if healthy Zuniga/Greenard can make it awfully tough on Fromm, who without elite playmakers on the outside is a medicore QB.

Go Dawgs!!!

I heard an interesting stat about your Dawgs, when they average 5 yards per rush in a game they are 22-0, when they don’t they are 5-6.   I would have to imagine that Florida will be selling out to stop Swift and company and forcing Fromm to beat them through the air.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fromm play a good game today,  I know some UGA fans are probably down on the kid, but I think he plays well today.  

Total domination by the Dawgs.  Over before it started 

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

Total domination by the Dawgs.  Over before it started 

not so fast kaputnik. 

Also, that clemson laugher looks like next level laughing. 

ugh, the worst throw/play to lose a game on... a hobbled floater the tight end. LB has 2 hours to get to that ball. 

Oh well.  Football is over for the year.  Sucks but you just get used to at this point. 

Oh well.  Football is over for the year.  Sucks but you just get used to at this point. 

3rd down was the difference in the game. I had forgotten that Todd Grantham was your DC. Expect more of the same with him in the sidelines. He was Richt’s DC at UGA. Over and over again we lost to good teams because we could not get off the field.

Red zone defense kept you in it. 3rd down defense lost you the game.

Had a great weekend in Jacksonville. Dawgs and Gator fans were great. Everyone got along, did not see any issues between the fan bases. Maybe it was the collegial atmosphere, but the interaction between fans/students at college games is so much better than what you see at NFL games.

Gonna start to do more college trips and fewer NFL. At least until the Jets are competent again.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

Didn't have any real dog in the fight, but was slightly leaning towards UF only because my wife's cousins went to UGA and they are insufferable whenever UGA does well in anything. Either way, fun game. Can only hope for more of the same with Bama LSU on Saturday.

21 hours ago, Lith said:

3rd down was the difference in the game. I had forgotten that Todd Grantham was your DC. Expect more of the same with him in the sidelines. He was Richt’s DC at UGA. Over and over again we lost to good teams because we could not get off the field.

Red zone defense kept you in it. 3rd down defense lost you the game.

Had a great weekend in Jacksonville. Dawgs and Gator fans were great. Everyone got along, did not see any issues between the fan bases. Maybe it was the collegial atmosphere, but the interaction between fans/students at college games is so much better than what you see at NFL games.

Gonna start to do more college trips and fewer NFL. At least until the Jets are competent again.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'm familiar with 3rd and Grantham.  That was definitely the difference in the game but in his defense, we tried everything.  We blitzed, we'd rush 4, run quarters, run man, we'd run zone and nobody could make a play.  Your OL showed why they were the best in the country and gave Fromm all day to throw.  The one time a blitz actually worked, was that ugly dead duck 3rd and long that Fromm completely just heaved in the air and happened to get completed and iced the game.  So frustrating.

But honestly, that was the first game where I just didnt know what Mullen was trying to do.  Your pass rush and secondary is mediocre and he tried to get too cute.  Just throw.  That's what you're good at, you cant run...so go yolo.  Everytime you threw early, you picked up big yards. 

To me it exposed 2 things; the Gators need talent to beat Georgia.  Cant keep showing up to a gun fight with a knife.  Trask cant be the QB next year.  He's just not a big time Qb who can win big games.  That 7 1/2 minute drive of 16 plays when we needed to 2 scores is the perfect example.  He'll dink and dunk ya but anything long or if he has to create, it's done before it started.

Oh well.  Is what it is.  I didnt expect to win but I didnt expected to be completely dominated either. 

Mullen needs to learn to recruit or this is going to be every year. 

Deon Sanders wants to coach FSU.  And as absurd as this may sound I think he would be a good hire for them.  If he surrounded himself with some actual good coaches you would think he would be a big boon for recruiting.

What say you all, dumb or not dumb.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Deon Sanders wants to coach FSU.  And as absurd as this may sound I think he would be a good hire for them.  If he surrounded himself with some actual good coaches you would think he would be a big boon for recruiting.

What say you all, dumb or not dumb.

The boosters who just pulled together $17 million to pay off Taggart do not want anything to do with Sanders as HC.  So if the boosters say no, the answer is no.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Ohio State a 50.5 point road favourite over Rutgers.  lol

It was 54 on Sunday LMAO!!!! 

On another note, Im pretty sure it is safe to call James Franklin a Fraud. I hope these never ending rumors of him jumping ship to somewhere else finally prove true this off season. He simply doesn't know how to manage a game and can't win against real comp on the road. Sick of it.

• Upvote 1

Interesting game between Baylor and Oklahoma today.  We’ll see just how far Baylor has come along under Rhule.  I don’t think he has the horses to keep up with OU yet, he needs another recruiting cycle or two to get the depth needed to run with the OU’s.  OU is favored by 10.5 on the road, that’s a pretty good indicator of where Baylor is right now.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I sure as hell hope so, man. I hate the idea of losing a talent like that to an injury at such a young age. The sport is far better, and entertaining with a quarterback like him, over some of the perennial trash filling in at the moment

• Like 1

This QB for Washington State stinks so badly.  He seems to think he is mahommes.  Has all day to throw because Washington is playing a give them all they want 3 man rush zone and still stinks.