Training Camp Tweets (8/3)

It's interesting how the new generation of football player is so different even in the last 5 or 6 years.  Not that long ago if you brought up Madden rating or Fantasy football points to a player (or coach) you would be treated with scorn and truculence.  Now it's a thing to be taken seriously or with fun.

I have advanced yet again on the old curmudgeon scale it seems.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

:Young male implies he’s going to masturbate today:

Tony MaC (at Modell’s): “Point me toward his finest authentic jersey, sir”

Well if that was the motivation a pats jersey with KRAFT on the back might be a good purchase.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

It's interesting how the new generation of football player is so different even in the last 5 or 6 years.  Not that long ago if you brought up Madden rating or Fantasy football points to a player (or coach) you would be treated with scorn and truculence.  Now it's a thing to be taken seriously or with fun.

I have advanced yet again on the old curmudgeon scale it seems.

It's interesting to me how "conventional wisdom" has completely changed through the years. 

A couple of decades ago, everyone always wanted a HC to go for it on 4th and short.  Of course, HCs back then would punt because they were "responsible".  Nowadays HCs routinely go for it.

Also, back in the day, a kick returner would never be allowed to run back a kick if he were several yards in the end zone.  In today's game, it's commonplace for a kick returner to try to return a kick even if he catches it in the back of the end zone.

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I remember with previous QB's you'd be delighted with a few good drives. Holy f*ck Darnold seems to be lights out in every god damn practice. I think the boy is good guys. 

Quinnen Williams seems to be what was advertised which is great and good to see Polite having a positive day. I am pleased.

Shhhhhhhh... ?

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Hmmm

Macc's last draft.   Q, looks like the real deal.  Polite has had 5 sacks in the last 3 days, Edoga is playing with the 1's, Everything I've heard about Wesco is positive on the blocking side, Cashman getting reps with the 1's, and great reviews.  

LOL  

Said it after the draft that it looked like he had finally had a good one.

Somewhere Mac is sulking in his coffee.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I didn’t see any of these posts but glad so many of us think alike and remember that weirdo. 

How can anyone forget?  He was smoking synthetic weed while jacking off in a Target parking lot.  That string of words is impossible to forget. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I love hearing quinnen talk. He's just a fun loving yet seriously motivated kid. A great farewell present from Mac.

Agreed.  Good kid but has personality. His talent is through the roof. Its funny most people despise Macc but to be fair to the guy he did add some important pieces for us going forward

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Jeez, why couldn't Mac find guys like ..... never mind.

Typical mac though right?  Utterly and horribly fail with a wasted high pick and terrible priorities then being given big credit 5 years later for making a pick that looks okay for the same spot,

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How can anyone forget?  He was smoking synthetic weed while jacking off in a Target parking lot.  That string of words is impossible to forget. 

In the annals of dumb Jets players, where we have one who got arrested for bringing an assault rifle to the stadium (with his wife and kids in the truck), and another who was arrested for speeding with pot and his minor-age nephew in the car, Winslow stands tall and alone.  

And then up north a bit, the Patriots say "hold my beer".

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Hmmm

Macc's last draft.   Q, looks like the real deal.  Polite has had 5 sacks in the last 3 days, Edoga is playing with the 1's, Everything I've heard about Wesco is positive on the blocking side, Cashman getting reps with the 1's, and great reviews.  

LOL  

Said it after the draft that it looked like he had finally had a good one.

I had this same feeling after the draft that this might have been his best overall. I'd really love to know how much influence Toilet Bowles had with the Adams, Maye safety picks at 1 & 2. Hackenberg was an unforgivable pick & the guy passed on Mahomes & Watson. For a team starving for a competent QB & OLINE help he ignored the ingredients needed to build a great team, and for those reasons he had to be CHOPPED.

• Upvote 2