Will Douglas get a starting corner?

No you’re not the only one. He looked pretty good his rookie season and for whatever reason they soured in him and he was gone. Way too soon. 

He’s currently buried deep on the Browns depth chart (CB9 / CB10). Maybe he’ll show something eventually but for now his 2nd stop isn’t going well.

But sure, people should totally continue to put 80 % of the Jets’ problems from 2015-18 on Todd Bowles and stuff.

4 hours ago, TNJet said:

Agreed. And we have decent depth. Roberts, Jones, Nickerson, Brown, Meander, and Even Austin when healthy can play. Am I the only one who thinks we gave up on J. Burris too soon? I thought that kid was decent just playing for the worst coordinators and eyes for talent in the NFL at the time.

Burris sucked

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Bungaman said:

And we might have to let Leo walk after this season

Why would we have to let Leo walk? We are in a good position at the moment. If he under preforms you can let him walk with out paying him a big contract and potentially collect a comp pick. He plays well this year, you can franchise him for the year, tag and trade, or give him a big contract. 

We don’t have that many contracts rolling over next year and only 2 real major players being in contract years, with Robby Anderson and Leo being the second. 

Currently if we don’t make any more moves we will be also rolling about 15 million to next years cap. The only way  Leo walks is if he has a really big down year as we should be flush again in cap next year. 

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s currently buried deep on the Browns depth chart (CB9 / CB10). Maybe he’ll show something eventually but for now his 2nd stop isn’t going well.

But sure, people should totally continue to put 80 % of the Jets’ problems from 2015-18 on Todd Bowles and stuff.

I’m not putting anything on that staff. 

I thought he played well as a rookie and then he didn’t play well and they went in another direction.

I’m not saying we made a mistake but I liked the guy. Not being in the building, none of know anything.  

Kyron Brown is a sleeper that I really like, smart player that is really knowledgeable at a young age about technique and how to play the position (uses the step-kick technique after studying Richard Sherman and the technique that Carroll teaches in Seattle).  He's a player I'm looking forward to watching in the pre-season.

Here's the thing regarding our CB position. The AFC East is very weak at WR outside of Edelman, what team we compete with has a deep WR core or a top 15 WR? The Jets have deeper WR & TE groups than their competition in the division. Herndon after his suspension is the best TE in the division with Gronks retirement. And though Edelman is great he's also 34 freaking years old (is there anyone left out there that believes the Pats aren't cheaters?). 

The Browns literally have the deepest WR group out of our 2019 opponents. With all of the press the Browns are getting, Jets win that game & people will take notice...here come the Jets.

• Upvote 1
On 8/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, Skeptable said:

Ummm.... He is the starting corner that you declare such a huge weakness on this team. 

I never said anything about him. I was talking the OTHER corner spot? You really get emotional for no good reason. Ridiculous

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I think a lot of people are sleeping on Roberts. I believe he is going to surprise this year. He's held his own as a corner before. He just struggled when he switched to safety last season.

I'm also anxious to see what Greg Williams does with this group. TJ was a stud in his defense and I expect our secondary to really step it up this season.

• Upvote 2