Season Tickets packages

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yourself:  Just launch the NY Jets app, go to Tickets, and choose "Add to Apple Wallet (or Android)".  From there, the tickets are active whether you have an internet connection or not.

Friends/Family:  Have them download the NY Jets app.  You can transfer a single or multiple tickets to others using the app.  Once received, they should add to Apple Wallet (or Android) and, again, the QR code and ticket are active even if an internet connection isn't available.

While registering in an app is never fun, once its done its easier than printing a PDF and the same amount of effort (less?) than taking a screen cap and texting it.

SAR I

What's one more company spying on your every move through your phone?

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:46 AM, Kolchak said:

I was wondering about multiple tickets as well.  The Jets recommend downloading tickets to Google Pay/Apple Wallet for easier access.  Never used it.  I'm wondering if GP/AW would allow you to text the ticket to someone else with the app.  If not, one phone with multiple tickets seems like it will be a mess.  I'm usually ok with any kind of tech improvement.  This feels like a reach. 

This .  What if a dad is bringing his 8 and 10 year old? Multiple tickets on one phone?  

This whole thing has FAIL written all over it. 

20 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

What's one more company spying on your every move through your phone?

If you're not doing anything evil in your life it makes no difference.  They catch bad guys quickly these days because of all this spying.  Bring it on.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This .  What if a dad is bringing his 8 and 10 year old? Multiple tickets on one phone?  

This whole thing has FAIL written all over it. 

awestsets.jpg

Yes.  Multiple tickets on one phone.

Took my family and a few grandparents to see the Christmas Show at Radio City this past December.  I had 11 mobile tickets in my Apple Wallet on my iPhone.  Got to the ticket taker and it was swipe > scan > swipe > scan.....was faster than having everyone hold a paper ticket.

It's this way for the Green & White Scrimmage on Saturday as well.  Pull down as many free tickets from Ticketmaster as you like, hit the "Add to Apple Wallet" button, put 'em all on your phone.  You can keep the tickets in the Ticketmaster or Jets app if you like.  But having them in your Apple (or Android) Wallet is just faster.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

awestsets.jpg

Took my family and a few grandparents to see the Christmas Show at Radio City this past December.  I had 11 mobile tickets in my Apple Wallet on my iPhone.  Got to the ticket taker and it was swipe > scan > swipe > scan.....was faster than having everyone hold a paper ticket.

It's this way for the Green & White Scrimmage on Saturday as well.  Pull down as many free tickets from Ticketmaster as you like, hit the "Add to Apple Wallet" button, put 'em all on your phone. 

SAR I

I'll give it a go. My sons are tech savvy. They'll help me set it up.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:46 AM, Kolchak said:

Google Pay/Apple Wallet for easier access.  Never used it.  I'm wondering if GP/AW would allow you to text the ticket to someone else with the app.

IMG_3073.png

You should be using your Apple Wallet (or Google Wallet).  It is far more secure than a credit card and it's so convenient.  These days, if I visit a coffee shop that doesn't take Apple Pay I'm pissed as I have to reach into my pocket and fumble with cards.

The Wallet app holds credit cards (all of them), movie passes (Fandango), theme park tickets (Six Flags), airline tickets (all of them), ATM cards, sports tickets (Stubhub, Ticketmaster), even hotel reservations. 

Using the phone's proximity sensor, it puts the tickets on your lock screen which is really convenient, so when you arrive at MetLife you don't have to scroll through a bunch of pages to get to your tickets.  You don't even need to unlock your phone.  See screencap above.  It's why I use Apple Wallet for Jets tickets, airline tickets, movie tickets, etc.  Puts them right on the lock screen when the phone knows you've arrived at the destination.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll give it a go. My sons are tech savvy. They'll help me set it up.

38048c79a5e085cc6944a518efd6d6d0.png

It's really easy.  "Wallet" is the app that stores cards and passes virtually.  "Apple Pay" is a secure service of the iPhone that allows your stored cards in Wallet to communicate to pay terminals. 

Make sure to put all your credit and ATM cards in your Wallet.  You scan the front of the card and the system does the rest.  Next time you go to Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks just use Apple Pay at the terminal instead of your credit card.  [Again, that that means is that your Visa card is stored in Apple Pay on your iPhone.  So when you use Apple Pay the transaction still goes on your Visa card but you used your phone instead of the plastic Visa card.  After a week you will find it annoying when terminals don't take Apple Pay]

The bottom half of the Wallet screen shows tickets to Jets games, Fandango movies, etc.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

38048c79a5e085cc6944a518efd6d6d0.png

It's really easy.  "Wallet" is the app that stores cards and passes virtually.  "Apple Pay" is a secure service of the iPhone that allows your stored cards in Wallet to communicate to pay terminals. 

Make sure to put all your credit and ATM cards in your Wallet.  You scan the front of the card and the system does the rest.  Next time you go to Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks just use Apple Pay at the terminal instead of your credit card.  [Again, that that means is that your Visa card is stored in Apple Pay on your iPhone.  So when you use Apple Pay the transaction still goes on your Visa card but you used your phone instead of the plastic Visa card.  After a week you will find it annoying when terminals don't take Apple Pay]

The bottom half of the Wallet screen shows tickets to Jets games, Fandango movies, etc.

SAR I

The Jets weren't paying SAR I enough , so he moonlights at Apple .

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

I gather that they are not putting any $$$$   on those old swipe cards?  Last year they put $100 on each card. Came in handy as it applied to Jets shop. Now I need Sam to sign his Rookie Jets Jersey for me.

Actually, the Jets are not giving out gifts this year and instead are just giving us more Jets Rewards Cash for use in the gift shop.  It'll be in the Jets app in the Rewards Card section.

I preferred it when they gave us personalized stuff, but it's not that important.

SAR I

17 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

I have one lying around if you want it just pm your address......20190814_133515.thumb.jpg.c3e813b74e0a12eb9e1deeea93089e6b.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I have a few of those things stuffed in a drawer somewhere.   It was just a little sarcasm about the generosity of the Jets towards their STH.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you're not doing anything evil in your life it makes no difference.  They catch bad guys quickly these days because of all this spying.  Bring it on.

SAR I

LOL

No the bad guys catch the good guys all the time because of all the spying

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

awestsets.jpg

It's this way for the Green & White Scrimmage on Saturday as well.  Pull down as many free tickets from Ticketmaster as you like, hit the "Add to Apple Wallet" button, put 'em all on your phone.  You can keep the tickets in the Ticketmaster or Jets app if you like.  But having them in your Apple (or Android) Wallet is just faster.

SAR I

radio city has 6000 seats  met life 82,500-in your scenario it sounds  like everybody was there  at the same time-the wifi at met life is also terrible. I  have high end seats every time you go in and out the guys at  the top of the section checked your ticket or card and not everybody arrives at the same time all of the time or leaves to get a beer at the  same  time. I have been going to games with season tickets in our family and( now pls since the new stadium opened )for 43  years. I have attended more games then most I am  sure and if there is one thing the  jets always display is poor customer service-there will be huge lines and this will fail big time-just  wait for the game when the  wifi craps out as well.  I requested and got printed tickets and am thrilled about it(thanks to the person  on this site that said it is an option) I am still waiting for them to fix the nightmare parking situation that exists even with the green pass that I have

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

IMG_3073.png

You should be using your Apple Wallet (or Google Wallet).  It is far more secure than a credit card and it's so convenient.  These days, if I visit a coffee shop that doesn't take Apple Pay I'm pissed as I have to reach into my pocket and fumble with cards.

The Wallet app holds credit cards (all of them), movie passes (Fandango), theme park tickets (Six Flags), airline tickets (all of them), ATM cards, sports tickets (Stubhub, Ticketmaster), even hotel reservations. 

Using the phone's proximity sensor, it puts the tickets on your lock screen which is really convenient, so when you arrive at MetLife you don't have to scroll through a bunch of pages to get to your tickets.  You don't even need to unlock your phone.  See screencap above.  It's why I use Apple Wallet for Jets tickets, airline tickets, movie tickets, etc.  Puts them right on the lock screen when the phone knows you've arrived at the destination.

SAR I

I actually use Samsung Pay.  And, I totally agree that it's really convenient to use. 

Unfortunately, the Google Pay option from Ticketmaster isn't in production yet.  Suppose to be coming soon.  I'm hoping it will have the ability to have the tickets on the lock screen as well.  That should really help expedite entry, concessions, etc..

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

radio city has 6000 seats  met life 82,500-in your scenario it sounds  like everybody was there  at the same time-the wifi at met life is also terrible. I  have high end seats every time you go in and out the guys at  the top of the section checked your ticket or card and not everybody arrives at the same time all of the time or leaves to get a beer at the  same  time. I have been going to games with season tickets in our family and( now pls since the new stadium opened )for 43  years. I have attended more games then most I am  sure and if there is one thing the  jets always display is poor customer service-there will be huge lines and this will fail big time-just  wait for the game when the  wifi craps out as well.  I requested and got printed tickets and am thrilled about it(thanks to the person  on this site that said it is an option) I am still waiting for them to fix the nightmare parking situation that exists even with the green pass that I have

Radio City has 10 ushers with scanners, MetLife probably has 120 at its 4 security gates.

You don't need wi-fi (or perhaps you are referring to your cellular network connection).  Just launch the Jets app and move the tickets to your Wallet before you leave the house and you don't need to worry about whether or not you're connected to the internet when you get to the gate.

Yes, there will be a learning curve this season and fans will cause delays at the gate which will be annoying.  That said, there are always fans causing delays, especially the women with their huge pocketbooks being turned away and arguing.  Consider that there used to be just 1 Rewards Card scanner per security line and now there will likely be 4 or 5 people with handheld phone scanners which will move things more quickly.  So it's probably going to be a wash.

As for showing your ticket to the ushers whenever you get up/down to get a hot dog, if you're a season ticket holder you should have a relationship with your ushers by now.  I just show my face and smile and they let me in no questions asked.

As for parking, what's the nightmare?  I arrive 3 hours before kickoff and cruise into the Green lot very quickly.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Kolchak said:

I actually use Samsung Pay.  And, I totally agree that it's really convenient to use. 

Unfortunately, the Google Pay option from Ticketmaster isn't in production yet.  Suppose to be coming soon.  I'm hoping it will have the ability to have the tickets on the lock screen as well.  That should really help expedite entry, concessions, etc..

Hey, just read that.......sorry.......thought it was up and running already.

Just preload your tickets in the Jets app and you'll be all set for now.  Moving them from the Jets app to the Wallet is purely for convenience as you know.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Radio City has 10 ushers with scanners, MetLife probably has 120 at its 4 security gates.

You don't need wi-fi (or perhaps you are referring to your cellular network connection).  Just launch the Jets app and move the tickets to your Wallet before you leave the house and you don't need to worry about whether or not you're connected to the internet when you get to the gate.

Yes, there will be a learning curve this season and fans will cause delays at the gate which will be annoying.  That said, there are always fans causing delays, especially the women with their huge pocketbooks being turned away and arguing.  Consider that there used to be just 1 Rewards Card scanner per security line and now there will likely be 4 or 5 people with handheld phone scanners which will move things more quickly.  So it's probably going to be a wash.

As for showing your ticket to the ushers whenever you get up/down to get a hot dog, if you're a season ticket holder you should have a relationship with your ushers by now.  I just show my face and smile and they let me in no questions asked.

As for parking, what's the nightmare?  I arrive 3 hours before kickoff and cruise into the Green lot very quickly.

SAR I

going in is not the problem(if you want to arrive  hours before the game) going out is a nightmare if you stay the entire game

55 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Mine came in today. It’s such BS we don’t have our jets lanyards with rewards cards. BS!

And this "yearbook" we keep getting every year is 50% advertisements.  Garbage.  I've never bothered to read it.

I would have preferred a new Jets cap with a new season ticket holder logo than random Jets cash.  It's like getting a gift card from your parents for your 21st birthday.  Very impersonal.  Put no thought into it.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And this "yearbook" we keep getting every year is 50% advertisements.  Garbage.  I've never bothered to read it.

I would have preferred a new Jets cap with a new season ticket holder logo than random Jets cash.  It's like getting a gift card from your parents for your 21st birthday.  Very impersonal.  Put no thought into it.

SAR I

Wonder who the genius 24 year old recent Hofstra grad in the marketing dept is killing us 

I just found out that if I request the paper tickets, I forfeit my Jets cash and Jets rewards. I was told there is no alternative to obtain the rewards or cash if I opt for the real tickets. Very frustrating. I told the rep that this may be the last straw for me as a season ticket holder.

8 minutes ago, jtydings said:

I just found out that if I request the paper tickets, I forfeit my Jets cash and Jets rewards. I was told there is no alternative to obtain the rewards or cash if I opt for the real tickets. Very frustrating. I told the rep that this may be the last straw for me as a season ticket holder.

yes that is how they do it-I opted for the paper  tickets and am thrilled to have them-plus when they win their first superbowl since namath I will have all of the original game tickets for the season

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, jtydings said:

Simple fix, spend all your Jets cash at the shop Preseason game 1, then call and request the paper tickets because of the hassle.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jtydings said:

Seriously?

Do you have a smart phone?  It's the one that looks like a big rectangle and doesn't fold in half.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I like to save my ticket stubs so the past few years with rewards cards has been disappointing.   I’m definitely not a fan of mobile tickets.  

The Jets rewards gives are useless in fact what I ordered from last season still hasn’t even shown up.   

At one time the Knicks gave season ticket holders the option of mobile or print from home for free or charges $25-$50 to have hard tickets for the season.  Why can’t the Jets do the same?  

I don’t like the fact that they’re basically dictating to me what I have to have on my phone.  

23 hours ago, jtydings said:

Jets rewards gives you garbage anyway .

• Upvote 2

On 8/16/2019 at 6:32 PM, SAR I said:

Seriously?

Do you have a smart phone?  It's the one that looks like a big rectangle and doesn't fold in half.

SAR I

Shocked in 2019 people don’t use Apple wallet/the Samsung version for everything. Can’t remember the last time I’ve printed a ticket, boarding pass etc. Good move by the Jets for going full digital. Don’t need to wait for people to fumble around paper anymore. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1