Jets signed TE Nick Truesdell & waived OL Tyler Jones

Saw we cut Bucky for kalil. Then we signed this New TE and cut another OL.

Maybe we should have just kept bucky and cut Tyler Jones. Meh.
Jordan legget is better than all of the bum TE’s we brought in afterward.

They are all Stephen Nelson to me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Now THIS makes sense. Didn't realize they had cut Bucky.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

The problem with Legget was he was often injured.

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Wyatt Miller from UCF is the last man standing among the UDFA offensive linemen the Jets signed this spring. At the time, I may have guessed both Jones and the center from USC would have a better shot than Miller.  

Almost all would have. Watched him at UCF and have been rooting for him to at least be PS material. Needs grooming but was consistent and durable as well as versatile. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

The problem with Legget was he was often injured.

Our three shiny new TE's made it until July or August in FA.  Legget made it less than 24 hours in waiverville. 

Believe me, I'm not going to get up in arms over any of this, but since this the move today, those are my thoughts.  Legget is better than all of these scrubs. 

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Our three shiny new TE's made it until July or August in FA.  Legget made it less than 24 hours in waiverville. 

Believe me, I'm not going to get up in arms over any of this, but since this the move today, those are my thoughts.  Legget is better than all of these scrubs. 

The Legget move never made any sense. The timing of it was crazy. You and I have both said that from the day they let him go.

Forget the impending Herndon suspension. He wasn’t that bad a player, certainly better then what we have now at TE for the first 4 games. I’d love to have him on the roster today. 

I’m a little more upset about it then you are though, because I’ll believe the Wesco hype when I see him actually do something.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

The Legget move never made any sense. The timing of it was crazy. You and I have both said that from the day they let him go.

Forget the impending Herndon suspension. He wasn’t that bad a player, certainly better then what we have now at TE for the first 4 games. I’d love to have him on the roster today. 

I’m a little more upset about it then you are though, because I’ll believe the Wesco hype when I see him actually do something.

Leggett was a dog that got cut to send a message.

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

The Legget move never made any sense. The timing of it was crazy.

Forget the impending Herndon suspension. He wasn’t that bad a player, certainly better then what we have now at TE for the first 4 games. I’d love to have him on the roster today. You and I have both said this from the day they let him go.

I'm actually solidly on the Wesco Bandwagon and I'm really glad we at least have him, but I agree about Legget.  I could understand cutting Sterling who most likely won't make it through the season unfortunately, but Legget was just a poorly thought out decision. It's really showing now too.  At bare minimum he could have been decent depth level trade bait. But during the Herndon suspension It would have been nice just to have the guy who's been here with Sam for a year over the trash heap gang. 

That move was dead smack in the middle of the Gase as GM hysteria that I was caught up in at the time, and really highlighted how bad of a GM he would have been. Thankfully I was wrong and Douglas is here, but the move still blows.  I won't even get into the Lee stuff again  lmao 

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Wait... I thought that was Lee?  he needed to send two messages?   

Lee wasn’t lazy; he was a nutbag who doesn’t particularly like football. Leggett’s nickname in college was “Lazy Leggett.” He was a dog and everyone knew it, including Gase

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lee wasn’t lazy; he was a nutbag who doesn’t particularly like football. Leggett’s nickname in college was “Lazy Leggett.” He was a dog and everyone knew it, including Gase

Yup.  He had "high upside" on his scouting report, right alongside "questionable passion for the game".  Guess which one of those materialized first?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

5 Waiver claims says otherwise.  

Again, I don't want to make this a thing, but it's how I see it. We cut him before training camp.