2015-17 Jets Drafts in review

8 minutes ago, CTM said:

You are the same guy that genuflects to Parcells for 1 good season, ignores him essentially passing on Manning, Pace and Walter Jones for junk, running Belichick out of town, sacrificing the 99 season by sticking with Mirer, dumping Groh on us who proceeded to quit after 1 season, over paying for Martin ( a 1 and a 3, after we lost 4 picks for Parcells), the Leon Johnson option pass in Detroit, etc, etc etc

Bill gave us a very good year and brought some short lived respectability (that was quickly  squashed by having 2 HC's quit in 12 months) but the amount of reverence you hold for him is far greater than his actual accomplishments here. It's not that different than Pac highlighting Mac's small successes in an otherwise sea of fail.

bryan cranston mic drop GIF

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

You are the same guy that genuflects to Parcells for 1 good season, ignores him essentially passing on Manning, Pace and Walter Jones for junk, running Belichick out of town, sacrificing the 99 season by sticking with Mirer, dumping Groh on us who proceeded to quit after 1 season, over paying for Martin ( a 1 and a 3, after we lost 4 picks for Parcells), the Leon Johnson option pass in Detroit, etc, etc etc

Bill gave us a very good year and brought some short lived respectability (that was quickly  squashed by having 2 HC's quit in 12 months) but the amount of reverence you hold for him is far greater than his actual accomplishments here. It's not that different than Pac highlighting Mac's small successes in an otherwise sea of fail.

Can we somehow get this into an emoji like the butt fumble or just automate this to all Tom's response? 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I've seen many Jets draft picks, and stand behind Hackenberg being the worst pick in all of Jets history.  Even worse than Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed, or passing on Warren Sapp for Kyle Brady, or Dewayne Robertson or Gholston.  Mike Maccagnan truly believed Christian Hackenberg, who deserved a 5th/6th round grade, to be our franchise QB, and yet he never played a snap in the NFL.  He even failed miserably in the AAF.  At least Bryan Thomas and Kyle Brady carved out decent careers in the pros. 

And yes, the pick of Jamal Adams deserves a B, for playing a position that doesn't matter and for the opportunity cost of passing on Mahomes/Watson. 

Don’t forget Macc got an itchy trigger finger and convinced himself there was a high demand for Hack when... O’Brien, Hack’s coach during his promising Frosh year at Penn State, traded ahead of the Jets and... didn’t draft Hack.

Talk about beating yourself at the poker table.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, slats said:

Matt Millen and Mike Maccagnan both deserved to be fired. Is anyone not named @Pac arguing against that? 

Matt Millen was demonstrably worse than Macc but I'm past the anger phase and have moved on to acceptance.

Macc left us a playoff roster let's see what Gase does with it.  I am optimistic.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

It’s almost irresponsible to commit this type of stuff to the internet because children might read it and become radicalized. 

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

When did I say he did a good job?  Never said he shouldn't of been fired   I simply said he did make some positive moves.  Denying that is just wrong and ridiculous....END OF STORY lol

you didn't.  i was just observing that mac's moves that worked were more akin to happenstance.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

For a guy who's entire persona is to be the hyper-objective-with-a-negative-slant-guy about every other thing the Jets do, for him to defend the abject failure who cost us arguably a top 3 QB ever is ridiculous.

Also, Peyton Manning was a soft bitch who was lucky to win one Super Bowl and was carried Trent Dilfer-style to a second. Among the most overrated players ever. Matt Ryan with nerve damage.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Also, Peyton Manning was a soft bitch who was lucky to win one Super Bowl and was carried Trent Dilfer-style to a second. Among the most overrated players ever. Matt Ryan with nerve damage.

So, from this thread alone, your stance on QBs, HCs, and GMs are as follows:

- a top 3 QB ever = Trent Dilfer

- Parcells’ overcompensating tough guy act for not being able to win anything without Belichick is to be revered among the greatest achievements in modern day football

- Idzik is the bar which Jets GMs should be measured against

Got it! At least Rex was able to get to a second AFCCG for the Jets.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

So, from this thread alone, your stance on QBs, HCs, and GMs are as follows:

- a top 3 QB ever = Trent Dilfer

- Parcells’ overcompensating tough guy act for not being able to win anything without Belichick is to be revered among the greatest achievements in modern day football

- Idzik is the bar which Jets GMs should be measured against

Got it! At least Rex was able to get to a second AFCCG for the Jets.

If you’re starting a team today and you could pick any players from any era, in their prime, is Peyton Manning really the quarterback of your team? After the repeated failures and gutless chokejob playoff losses, you’re picking Peyton Manning?

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re starting a team today and you could pick any players from any era, in their prime, is Peyton Manning really the quarterback of your team? After the repeated failures and gutless chokejob playoff losses, you’re picking Peyton Manning?

Over Keyshawn Johnson? Absolutely, and I’d have no problem guaranteeing it!

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Over Keyshawn Johnson? Absolutely!

Peyton Manning went back to UT to sexually assault female athletic trainers and to try and beat Spurrier. His father says so, Peyton says so, everyone says so. He’s gutless to the core. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kind of weird meeting an adult (on the internet) that hasn’t owned a TV over the past 25 years. 

You should binge watch American Idol. It’s freaking awesome. 

Trust me. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Absolutely.  He's my # 1 QB of all-time. 

I think the playoff "choking" thing has been overstated.  I think he was just stuck with an organization that is, quietly, a dumpster fire.  Just look what they've done to Andrew Luck.  Indy and Peyton is a very comparable situation to Miami and Marino. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Would he've been a gutless chokejob playing for Parcells? 

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think the playoff "choking" thing has been overstated.  I think he was just stuck with an organization that is, quietly, a dumpster fire.  Just look what they've done to Andrew Luck.  Indy and Peyton is a very comparable situation to Miami and Marino. 

He’s the greatest regular season QB in NFL history. 

Yeah, I would have hated having him for 18 years. 

Just like I would have hated Marino. 

Geez.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You're Jets-fan-woke but the argument "yeah but was he the best of all time?" is pretty lame.

57 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Same. Toms just trying to bait me because I throw Parcells in his face every time he makes a comment I don’t like.

That he’s going full Jorah Mormont to defend Parcells by claiming that the Jets are better off without Peyton gives you an indication.

No I'm taking James Farrior, a space heater and some athletic tape. Just like Parcells and his giant ego did in 97

1 hour ago, jgb said:

You're Jets-fan-woke but the argument "yeah but was he the best of all time?" is pretty lame.

57 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Same. Toms just trying to bait me because I throw Parcells in his face every time he makes a comment I don’t like.

That he’s going full Jorah Mormont to defend Parcells by claiming that the Jets are better off without Peyton gives you an indication.

No, it’s merely an aside. The crux of the story is that Parcells-cost-us-Peyton is just woman-scorned butthurt revisionism for Jets fans who want to be sad that he went to the store for cigarettes and never came home. 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, it’s merely an aside. The crux of the story is that Parcells-cost-us-Peyton is just woman-scorned butthurt revisionism for Jets fans who want to be sad that he went to the store for cigarettes and never came home. 

Personally, I would’ve liked 10 years of 12 win seasons.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s almost irresponsible to commit this type of stuff to the internet because children might read it and become radicalized. 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Peyton Manning went back to UT to sexually assault female athletic trainers and to try and beat Spurrier. His father says so, Peyton says so, everyone says so. He’s gutless to the core. 

Nah, you’re not triggered at all. 

Revisionism is claiming that Idzik is any form of competent as a GM just because Macc drafted an all-pro S with the #6, when history has proven that he’s the second worst executive the Jets have ever had behind the ****tard that cost us 15 years of HoF QB play because he had to overcompensate for his lack of coaching acumen by employing the tough guy act because he knew that he was absolute dog sh*t as a coach without Belichick running his teams.

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Nah, you’re not triggered at all. 

Revisionism is claiming that Idzik is any form of competent as a GM just because Macc drafted an all-pro S with the #6, when history has proven that he’s the second worst executive the Jets have ever had behind the ****tard that cost us 15 years of HoF QB play because he had to overcompensate for his lack of coaching acumen by employing the tough guy act because he knew that he was absolute dog sh*t as a coach without Belichick running his teams.

Honest question here: do you believe any of that or are you just being sassy

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Honest question here: do you believe any of that or are you just being sassy

Honest question: Do you really believe that an alternate history where Peyton QBed the Jets for 15 years is not a significantly better outcome than what actually happened IRL, or are you just being sassy?