Le'veon + TY

I think it's going to be difficult for defenses to match up their personnel packages when both of them are in the offensive formation. We can go with a traditional two back set, one back with either spread out wide, bring in a TE as a FB, open backfield with five wide. Is the defense going to run the base defense or bring out a nickel back? Hopefully Darnold has the power to switch to the optimal play because it seems like something that could be really exploitable having these two RB's.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Hopefully Darnold has the power to switch to the optimal play because it seems like something that could be really exploitable having these two RB's.

No more Bates sh*t... He also had a great line "He is not a quarterback you are trying to protect, you are kind of looking to turn him loose."

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I think myself and @Jetster are some of the few on here that think Cannon is going to make the team, and be a contributor from scrimmage.  

Jets are going to have some real speed on the team that is going to put D's in a tough fix when trying to deal with Bell's shiftiness, and contain the speed of Cannon and Anderson.

It should be a lot of fun to watch the Jets O this year.  Can't remember the last time I could say that.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Montgomery is a WR that converted to RB when all the RB's on the Packers got injured.

I get that...doesnt mean he's better.  They have very similar numbers.  FWIW, this was the knock on Ty coming out. 

WEAKNESSES

Doesn't display natural wide receiver characteristics. Needs more than just polish with routes and must incorporate route diversity at some point. Averaged just 9.9 yards per catch in 2014. Extremely suspect hands with 16 drops and three fumbles over his last three seasons. Allows throws to get on top of him. Hands lack supple qualities and his catch radius is smaller than desired. His confidence has been questioned by scouting community. His body of work as a receiver hasn't matched his physical potential. Has had only one season of significant touchdown production. Tightly wound with scouts questioning if he's too muscled.

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, pretty much the same dude.  Powell more explosive from what I've seen.  Splitting hairs really.  Glad to have them both.

It's like you almost need another version of Powell due to his durability issues over the last few years.

From what it sounds like from listening to bell is that Ty is super smart and a big value in the RB film room. Another added value to these 2 running backs is the ability to pass block. It rare to have 3 rb''s who all for the most part are above average in pass blocking. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

It's like you almost need another version of Powell due to his durability issues over the last few years.

From what it sounds like from listening to bell is that Ty is super smart and a big value in the RB film room. Another added value to these 2 running backs is the ability to pass block. It rare to have 3 rb''s who all for the most part are above average in pass blocking. 

Gase literally creams himself about the entire team.  He loves these dudes but he has been extra complimentary about just how smart Ty is and how great he is in the locker room too...who knows if it's just fluff but it's encouraging nonetheless. 

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gase literally creams himself about the entire team.  He loves these dudes but he has been extra complimentary about just how smart Ty is and how great he is in the locker room too...who knows if it's just fluff but it's encouraging nonetheless. 

lol to only think a year ago our running backs were getting endorsement deals from toilet paper companies due to end zone celebrations ?

On paper this is the most talented and most exciting Offensive unit we've had in quite some time.

It's going to be very exciting to see how they play under Gase.  There is no question IMO that we have enough talent to produce a top 15 Offense in 2019, and that really should be our expectation barring injuries.

Exciting times, and can't wait to start seeing it live Thursday.

53 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

This is a great point! Picking up blockers NEVER diminishes with either of the RBs in the backfield. Very rare & super rare that all of them are season veterans with duel threat skills. That alone keeps LBs thinking & shading to the flat which of course opens up the inside run or the TE for huge seam receptions. Gase seems almost giddy to me & the dude has good reason after seeing Sammy sling around for a week.

• Upvote 1

I'm honestly wondering if the Jets are going to run some of the Go-Go offense this season. There's been some subtle hints in that direction in the reportage that we've seen, including mention of both Montgomery Inn Bell being on the field in the same package, and references to specific packages that the Jets don't want the beat writers discussing. They've got the Personnel for it, and NFL defenses don't have any real experience defending it, so I wouldn't be shocked to see if deployed for the first time against the Patriots after keeping it under wraps for a few weeks

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

On paper this is the most talented and most exciting Offensive unit we've had in quite some time.

It's going to be very exciting to see how they play under Gase.  There is no question IMO that we have enough talent to produce a top 15 Offense in 2019, and that really should be our expectation barring injuries.

Exciting times, and can't wait to start seeing it live Thursday.

This is seriously honest optimism right here. Like that pure first press extra virgin oil.