Training Camp Tweets (8/6)

kdels62

36 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  I believe Douglas is close to trading him for a 4th or 5th round pick.  

Quinnen williams has showed more in 3 practices then williams has in his entire career.  Good riddance.

If they were trying to trade him and get the most value, they wouldn't announce he was injured.

He'd just be out for "personal reasons"

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Enunwa is literally a walking egg shell...didnt love his extension.  Hope he can stay healthy.

I feel like we have so much invested time in Anderson and Enunwa that for some reason I just want to see them on the team long term. I just feel like over the years they have been asked to do "too much". If they played on a team that had a true #1 or even 2 receiver in front of them, they could be special instead of being the number 1 or 2 option on the team. 

Quincy Enunwa's contract is structured pretty good. At first, 4 years 36 million and you kind of start to scratch your head. It's really a 2 year 16 million deal with an potential out in the contract in 2021. This year he is only a 2.8 cap hit as well after giving him a 9 million signing bonus. 

He comes in at about 8 million per. I think what we have planed for him this year that is a steal, only concern is the one you stated, dude is a walking egg. 

2 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

I feel like we have so much invested time in Anderson and Enunwa that for some reason I just want to see them on the team long term. I just feel like over the years they have been asked to do "too much". If they played on a team that had a true #1 or even 2 receiver in front of them, they could be special instead of being the number 1 or 2 option on the team. 

Quincy Enunwa's contract is structured pretty good. At first, 4 years 36 million and you kind of start to scratch your head. It's really a 2 year 16 million deal with an potential out in the contract in 2021. This year he is only a 2.8 cap hit as well after giving him a 9 million signing bonus. 

He comes in at about 8 million per. I think what we have planed for him this year that is a steal, only concern is the one you stated, dude is a walking egg. 

I like Enunwa.  He's a tough match up and he's beast with the ball in hands.  I would love to see him put together a full season.  He's just fragile.  Bottom line.  And when you have a young QB still trying to figure it out, you need a reliable target.  That's why I was so high on going after Golden Tate (granted not knowing he'd get suspended), Sam needs to have that trust with at least 1 guy.  Hopefully him and Anderson can continue to build on the chemistry they had last year and Crowder can be his snuggle bunny.  The good news this year is if Enunwa goes down, we're not running an Andre Roberts type out there who provides nothing in the receiving game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

That's why I was so high on going after Golden Tate (granted not knowing he'd get suspended), Sam needs to have that trust with at least 1 guy.  Hopefully him and Anderson can continue to build on the chemistry they had last year and Crowder can be his snuggle bunny.  The good news this year is if Enunwa goes down, we're not running an Andre Roberts type out there who provides nothing in the receiving game. 

You think this might entice JD to bring in maybe ...

1. Michael Crabtree
  2. Pierre Garcon
  3. Mike Wallace 

Or take a shot on a guy like Martavis Bryant? 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I like Enunwa.  He's a tough match up and he's beast with the ball in hands.  I would love to see him put together a full season.  He's just fragile.  Bottom line.  And when you have a young QB still trying to figure it out, you need a reliable target.  That's why I was so high on going after Golden Tate (granted not knowing he'd get suspended), Sam needs to have that trust with at least 1 guy.  Hopefully him and Anderson can continue to build on the chemistry they had last year and Crowder can be his snuggle bunny.  The good news this year is if Enunwa goes down, we're not running an Andre Roberts type out there who provides nothing in the receiving game. 

Suspension aside I think Herndon is going to be that rock solid "security blanket." When he's back I think he's going to be a target monster. Sam seems to have chemistry with him and Gase loves TEs.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is VERY BAD

Its Q's M.O. ... guy is always seemingly injured or working through an injury.

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Enunwa is literally a walking egg shell...didnt love his extension.  Hope he can stay healthy.

I agree, i still think they should have given that money to Robby and worked on Q later.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

1. Michael Crabtree
  2. Pierre Garcon 
  3. Mike Wallace  

Gross. 

Don't bring in anyone like that until you need to.  Especially not prior to the season.  Wait until after Week 1, when those salaries aren't guaranteed.

Wasting a roster spot on an old, terrible WR who can't contribute on specials would be silly at this stage in the offseason.  Next man up and let's see what we have before you go the veteran route. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

1. Michael Crabtree
  2. Pierre Garcon
  3. Mike Wallace 

Meh, doubt it.  I mean, those dudes are shot.  Crabtree is terrible.  Legit, terrible.  Garcon or Wallace could be intriguing if they had something left in the tank but how much chemistry could Sam really develop at this point with them?  

Between Anderson>Enunwa>Crowder>Burnett>Dortch>Bellamy.   I think they're deep enough to not hit the panic button. Or since JD is good at convincing guys to come out of retirement, maybe call Doug Baldwin?   lol

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Enunwa has questionable hands to go along with questionable health. I'd like him a lot more as the third or fourth WR on the team than #1 or 2. 

I think Herndon was developing into Sam's trust guy at the end of last year, which makes his suspension all the worse. He probably had the best hands on the team. Maybe him or Crowder, now. Crowder's another guy they need to stay healthy. The fact that Bell and Montgomery can both line up wide and catch downfield is another big plus. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Suspension aside I think Herndon is going to be that rock solid "security blanket." When he's back I think he's going to be a target monster. Sam seems to have chemistry with him and Gase loves TEs.

Agreed.  And Ryan Griffin is a pro.  Underrated addition right there. He's a solid 4 game fill in until Herndon comes back.

• Upvote 1

Promising observations here on #Jets WR Robby Anderson’s usage in training camp practices from . Sounds like Adam Gase is in fact diversifying Anderson’s route tree & even finding ways to manufacture him touches:
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are no injuries, only opportunities.  Time to unleash Tim White on the league. 

I liked you better when you werent a disgusting troll.  2 weeks ago 1 injury anywhere on this team and the season is a "DISASTER".  Now injuries are opportunities?  

Gross

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I liked you better when you werent a disgusting troll.  2 weeks ago 1 injury anywhere on this team and the season is a "DISASTER".  Now injuries are opportunities?  

Gross 

Of the 2 of us, you're the only one racing around to look for my old posts for some reason.  It's the internet, dude.  It's not that serious. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Promising observations here on #Jets WR Robby Anderson’s usage in training camp practices from

. Sounds like Adam Gase is in fact diversifying Anderson’s route tree & even finding ways to manufacture him touches:

Gase seems to really like Anderson, and I think it's why Tim White makes the team. He's another speed guy, and maybe the best guy right now to step in for Robby if he were to miss any time. 

• Upvote 2