Colin Cowherd on Jets new additions

53 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Cowherd has had a mancrush on Darnold for a long time. He also hates Baker so it's not surprising he is hyped for the Jets to do really well this season. It would fit his narrative for the hyped-up Baker led Browns to stumble while the lowly Jets surprise with his boy Sam at the helm. 

Correct.  If darnold fails, he will blame the jets so fast you wont believe it.

• Thumb Down 1

He’s a joke.  His fawning over Sam and USC in general, is as sickening as his persistent dogging of Mayfield and others that don’t fit his “I only like the squeaky clean athletes who keep their mouths shut” dogma.  He calls out Mayfield for exactly his own failings.  

Just. Shut. Up. And. Do. Your. Job. 

He’s everything that’s wrong with modern “sports personalities”.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

There are posters on this board who's opinion I would value over Cowherd's.

That being said, me likey.

..thank you Pee-Pee b ! .. no NEED to mention my name   :wub:

cheers ~ ~

:beer:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Fat ass was bashing the new signings the other day on NFL Network. Unfortunately it’s the only NFL channel on the radio and he’s on while I’m driving to work so I’m stuck listening to his non stop cocking sucking of Belly and Brady and the patriots and bashing of the Jets. 

Who are you referring to?

He used to get on romo for wearing his hat backwards.

I like cowhed but lets not act like he is some sports genius.  He is entertaining.

He is very well prepared by his staff.  You can tell alot of his points dont come from him.  He has said a few things recently that were totally wrong.  Any of us on the board would know this stuff.

18 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

He’s a joke.  His fawning over Sam and USC in general, is as sickening as his persistent dogging of Mayfield and others that don’t fit his “I only like the squeaky clean athletes who keep their mouths shut” dogma.  He calls out Mayfield for exactly his own failings.  

I think he's great

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He’s called out Mayfield for the immature goofy sh*t that he’s done like drunkenly trying to run from the cops, grab his dick and shout “f*ck you” at the opposing teams sideline on national TV (and then break down and cry about it at a press conference the next day), throw a football at a couple of TCU players during pre-game, etc.

Mayfield is talented, and he’s also an emotional cripple. Not exactly a trait you look for in a franchise QB.

Cowherd has repeatedly said that Mayfield has the talent and especially the accuracy to be a good NFL QB, but he wouldn’t have had him on his personal draft board because of the immature nonsense both on and off the field. I don’t see why this is such a controversial stance.

People can chalk it up to Baker “just being a kid” all they want. Problem is he isn’t just some kid. He’s the face of a multi-billion dollar corporation who constantly has the spotlight on him.

I agree almost 100% with your stance...I just strongly dislike Cowherds persistent and ugly method of calling Baker out.  He sounds like a bitch that is incapable of moving on.

11 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I agree almost 100% with your stance...I just strongly dislike Cowherds persistent and ugly method of calling Baker out.  He sounds like a bitch that is incapable of moving on.

The thing that stuck with me is that he believes Baker will very good, but that Sam will be great.  He thinks Sam's ceiling is higher.  He could be right.   The media will still focus on Baker, waiting for the inevitable.  The rest is just jibber jabber for ratings

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

That is my biggest gripe about Cowherd as well. He gets whiny, almost girl gossiping, about something and won't let it go.

Other than that he is well informed and one of the better and more accurate voices around.

• Post of the Week 1

anyway...   acoarse its nice to hear some sportshow schmuck heap praise on your team...  i can get both people who like and dont like him...   Helen gets a n upvote for going agiants the grain...

that said, i tend to like him more than other guys for not being ...see above... already mentioned stuff...

and get that his voice is whiney/schmarmy sometimes... so...  shrug

2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

He’s a sports commentator. His job is to give his opinion.

It’ll also be awkward if he shuts up. We’ll be left with just watching a mute guy on TV.

I like Cowherd for the most part. But I just heard him knock team tradition, and history regarding Raydahs. Saying move on don't look back to the seven man sled....Football needs the seven man sled Cowherd, as doe s this country. Oh, and phuck the Raiders. Best sports line ever though, '' Just Win Baby''.