Sam Darnold declines wishing Cindy Brady a happy birthday

5 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

If you think our QB not kissing the rings is nothing then I guess we agree to disagree.  To me it finally feels like we have a QB who knows what it is to be a JET.  Done with the back seat, 2nd fiddle stuff.  Time to kick some ass. 

Yup.  Sam may be laid back in his demeanor, but he thinks he’s just as good as the best QB out there.  

No kowtowing to anyone!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

True, but if Baker did it he would have given the reporter a choice sound-byte about not kissing rings (like Rex.) Darnold is smarter than that, which is why it's such a substanceless story.

Exactly.  Darnold respects Brady, but he doesn't have to like him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mo Lew said:

If you think our QB not kissing the rings is nothing then I guess we agree to disagree.  To me it finally feels like we have a QB who knows what it is to be a JET.  Done with the back seat, 2nd fiddle stuff.  Time to kick some ass. 

All our other quarterbacks were bad bc they were good friends with Brady

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

All our other quarterbacks were bad bc they were good friends with Brady

No they just didn't have the killer competitive instinct that is needed to succeed in this league.  Thanks for the insight though, 

8 hours ago, jgb said:

If Baker did this the green pitchforks would be out

LOL You’re right, but I love that Sam wouldn’t do this.

First of all, F Tom Brady.

Second, if there’s one thing I wish Darnold could change, its that laid back California way he seems to carry himself with. I know it’s silly, but I’m a caricature of a NY guy. I want my QB to have an edge to him. It’s why I loved Namath, and Stabler... Favre had it also.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mo Lew said:

No they just didn't have the killer competitive instinct that is needed to succeed in this league.  Thanks for the insight though,

I think they just sucked at football.  Mark Sanchez was highly competitive but he processed his reads very slowly. 

It’s still way too long of an article.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

It's is a story, because Sam is the nicest kid in the world, and he's breaking that characteristic, because he knows that you have more of a competitive edge when you are not the other guys best friend. Everyone liked Rex's declaration of not kissing Belichick's rings, here Sam is really meaning it with actions not words, with no brazen declarations. It shows an attitude, and that's more important than all the pomp.

• Upvote 2