Samtorobby47

Sam Darnold declines wishing Cindy Brady a happy birthday

This makes me even happier that when I got a picture with Sam after Saturday's camp practice this week wearing my **** the Patriots shirt.

I still need to make a post with my pics from the weekend.  Maybe I'll do it tonight if I dont suck.

I know who you are! I was there and took a pic of you! I was about to post it here but not sure you’d want me to....

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Like 1

True, but if Baker did it he would have given the reporter a choice sound-byte about not kissing rings (like Rex.) Darnold is smarter than that, which is why it's such a substanceless story.

He would have done a lot worse than that! Would have been something to embarrass the Jets organization that’s for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

Another fictional fluff piece. He didn't  even know when the Pharaoh's birthday is. 

He was told, or maybe not even told. There will be a story about you  denying Brady, birthday wishes. Here's your paycheck, shut up and throw balls. Darnold  said- yes sir, thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

I edited the title. Auto correct might have also kicked in.

• Haha 1

This kid makes all the right decisions 

Its so rewarding

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I edited the title. Auto correct might have also kicked in.

high quality ovation GIF

45 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

99BE6CBF-2D81-453C-AA13-BEC90D7E8F11.jpeg.b8cad327ef4d8b5f7eca16a8c263eb61.jpeg

I am the ultimate truth. You didn't' even know one of Bradys nick name's is the Pharoah.

No one gives a tomato  when Bradys birthday is..none of the players do anyway. And/but this could back fire lol. Bulletin  board material!

• Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think they just sucked at football.  Mark Sanchez was highly competitive but he processed his reads very slowly. 

That is being generous don't you think. :)

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Second, if there’s one thing I wish Darnold could change, its that laid back California way he seems to carry himself with. I know it’s silly, but I’m a caricature of a NY guy. I want my QB to have an edge to him. It’s why I loved Namath, and Stabler... Favre had it also.

I think it will come with a little time.  Dont forget how young he is and that he understands his place in the pecking order of the team and vets.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think it will come with a little time.  Dont forget how young he is and that he understands his place in the pecking order of the team and vets.  

The Jets drafted him as he is.  Sam is a confident kid and doubt he cares to change who he is for anyone.  He’s only said it a million times.

JuJu called him a “locker room guy” and “funny”  Osemele said he was a “people person”

California Beach Kid.  Like it or lump it. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

I am the ultimate truth. You didn't' even know one of Bradys nick name's is the Pharoah.

No one gives a tomato  when Bradys birthday is..none of the players do anyway. And/but this could back fire lol. Bulletin  board material!

You’re good for a laugh, Hacky, that’s for sure......and the loss of a few brain cells. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

That is being generous don't you think. :)

Actually being a "slow processor" is the ultimate QB diss.  That problem is basically the root of all other problems a QB has after the snap.  Going through your reads, feeling the pass rush, knowing when to step up in the pocket, avoiding strip sacks and dumb picks; a lot of that stuff is innate and can't be taught. 

Sanchez's football brain just didn't fire the right neurons quickly enough.  Compare that to Drew Brees whose brain is like a supercomputer and he also happens to be one of the most accurate passers the game has ever seen. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

The Jets drafted him as he is.  Sam is a confident kid and doubt he cares to change who he is for anyone.  He’s only said it a million times.

JuJu called him a “locker room guy” and “funny”  Osemele said he was a “people person”

California Beach Kid.  Like it or lump it. 

Thank You!!

There is no one way to win.  Come on folks!!

But one thing is for sure sure you start acting like someone you are not than you have already lost. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank You!!

There is no one way to win.  Come on folks!!

But one thing is for sure sure you start acting like someone you are not than you have already lost. 

Yup.  The two sweetest, kindest players off the field I’ve ever met, were Anthony Munoz and Troy Polamalu.  Talk and bravado mean nothing, winning the long term does.  Let others do the praising for you, and no one player on a FB team is bigger than the team.  

• Upvote 2

On 8/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, Samtorobby47 said:

“That’s just it, man – knowing what I’ve got to do,” Darnold said when asked about the moment this week. “I’m going to get every competitive edge I can, because he’s going to do the same thing. He’s the ultimate competitor. He’s exactly where I want to be when I’m his age. To chase that, I can’t be giving him anything.”

17 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

F Cindy Brady. And Marsha too for that matter !  lol

Sindee Crosby too.

4 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You’re good for a laugh, Hacky, that’s for sure......and the loss of a few brain cells. 

Sports is entertainment. Not to be taken seriously. You won't be laughing when you realize most of my macro-season - predictions come true.

• Butt Fumble 1

5 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Sports is entertainment. Not to be taken seriously. You won't be laughing when you realize most of my macro-season - predictions come true.

More likely, you and your predictions will fall flat on your face.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Yup.  The two sweetest, kindest players off the field I’ve ever met, were Anthony Munoz and Troy Polamalu.  Talk and bravado mean nothing, winning the long term does.  Let others do the praising for you, and no one player on a FB team is bigger than the team.   

There's also little correlation between being a nice guy to fans off the field and being a vicious competitor on it.  A lot of guys know how to "turn it on" when its gametime and the testosterone is flowing.  But then they leave work at work and turn it off when they leave. 

• Upvote 1

Mike Golic raged about this on ESPN, apparently. But Golic is a girly man.  Maybe they should have tea and scones too, Mike?

On 8/7/2019 at 2:44 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I think they just sucked at football.  Mark Sanchez was highly competitive but he processed his reads very slowly. 

Mark was the best I ever saw at throwing to the oppositions DT.

• Upvote 1