Nick Bosa (ankle) to get MRI

Uh-oh.  Bosa's biggest question mark was of course the ability to stay on the field. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001039391/article/niners-nick-bosa-jason-verrett-to-get-mris-on-ankles

Niners' Nick Bosa, Jason Verrett to get MRIs on ankles

• 0ap3000000923719.jpg
  • By Jeremy Bergman
  • Around The NFL Writer
  • Published: Aug. 7, 2019 at 05:22 p.m

San Francisco's injury woes continued on Wednesday afternoon.

Niners defensive end Nick Bosa and cornerback Jason Verrett will both undergo MRIs on their ankles after exiting practice with apparent injuries, the Niners announced, per multiple beat reporters.

Both first-year 49ers, Bosa appeared to injure his lower right leg in Wednesday's practice, while Verrett left the field early.

Niners defensive coordinator Robert Saleh intimated after practice that neither injury was expected to be serious, but San Francisco is clearly taking precautions with two highly regarded defensive starters.

This one-two punch of an update is notable because both Bosa and Verrett have recent injury history. The 2019 second-overall pick missed the offseason program with a bum hamstring and sat out most of his 2018 season at Ohio State with a core muscle injury.

Snakebitten for three seasons now, Verrett has played just five games since 2016 after suffering injuries to his ACL and Achilles. He joined San Francisco in free agency on a prove-it deal.

They weren't the only Niners to suffer apparent injuries on Wednesday afternoon. Receiver Marquise Goodwin also missed part of practice with an apparent right leg injury but later returned to the proceedings.

A serious injury to either Bosa or Verrett would be disappointing for a defense that hasn't been shy to hype up the newcomers and their effect on a previously underwhelming side.

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Me too. Cuz we both know Macc was taking that guy if he was there at #3.  Above all else I was hoping we didn't take Bosa in the draft. I'm certainly not rooting for him to continue to be injured, but who couldn't see all of this coming? 

I legit dont see him playing in the league long and also wanted nothing to do with him but who knows.  I also didnt want Quinnen Williams and now he's my favorite player on the team.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

I legit dont see him playing in the league long and also wanted nothing to do with him but who knows.  I also didnt want Quinnen Williams and now he's my favorite player on the team.  

Yeah and it's a shame because Bosa obviously has elite type talent.  But two injuries in his first training camp already after two consecutive season ending injuries. Not a good start here.  I'm glad we don't have him.  That would be a very Jetsy thing to be dealing with. We're all full up with that crap with All day Maye. 

I'll tell ya, Q was one of the last guys I wanted to draft due to his position and our needs, but how does anyone not fall in love with that kid?  From his braces filled smile to his childlike innocence to the fact that he says the word dominate more than anyone I've ever heard before. I love him. 

I'm thinking his type of pressure up the middle is what ends Brady's reign. I seriously think that. Add to it that when Brady takes a side step Polite just might be there waiting to take his head off.  Jesus! 

I'm loving Q on the Jets right about now. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not surprising.  These kids were all about the business side of football.  Id like guys who are only the playing side.

then go watch pop-warner football. The nfl is 100% a pay to play business. 

There's  nothing wrong with either guy. They're fine. The Niners are going  to rip through the league this year. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Me too. Cuz we both know Macc was taking that guy if he was there at #3.  Above all else I was hoping we didn't take Bosa in the draft. I'm certainly not rooting for him to continue to be injured, but who couldn't see all of this coming? 

After getting burned by his brother in more than one IDP league, I wanted no part of his genetics on the Jets.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

then go watch pop-warner football. The nfl is 100% a pay to play business. 

There's  nothing wrong with either guy. They're fine. The Niners are going  to rip through the league this year. 

100%?  Yeah, no shlt they all want to be paid.  Thats a huge difference from playing the game only for the money.  Completely different.  Doesnt mean you dont enjoy the game because you want to get your money.  

And of course theyre fine, all of them.  Its just some nonsense made up by the 49ers.  They made up the college injuries, the camp injury and this injury.

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

100%?  Yeah, no shlt they all want to be paid.  Thats a huge difference from playing the game only for the money.  Completely different.  Doesnt mean you dont enjoy the game because you want to get your money.  

And of course theyre fine, all of them.  Its just some nonsense made up by the 49ers.  They made up the college injuries, the camp injury and this injury.

As a matter of fact, they did. 

Unless you see a star actually  crawling with a broken leg. Most reported injuries of stars are  bullcrap. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, JiF said:

It’s impossible to dislike QW. He’s such a likeable guy. 

• Upvote 2

QW is twice the football player Nick Bosa is. That kid LOVES the football field & did you see his joy talking to all those kids about Madden? What a freaking awesome kid! Plus he's raising eyebrows already with his play. There was a picture of him next to Leo & Leo looked more like a kitty next to Quinnen. The leaders this team has added are guys that love football & have positive attitudes, Adams, Darnold, QW. 

Its absolutely crazy how lucky this team has been recently. 1st the Giants pass on Darnold, then this year the Niners pass on QW & he falls in our lap. I know it was painful seeing us draft another DT, but something about Big Baby tells me we might be witnessing a Jet HOF player if he stays healthy. Sky is the limit for this kid and some of his predraft scouting reports about being the best DT scouts have seen on tape since Aaron Donald just might not be hyperbole. I still love the description of Big Baby being like trying to block a 305 Lb bar of soap. The curse is over Jet fans.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

omething about Big Baby tells me we might be witnessing a Jet HOF player if he stays healthy.

Also, I like that he and Gase (Kwazyeyes) both Saban disciples

"“I think discipline is a mindset that’s part of who you are. It’s how you live your life. It’s what you do everything you do, whether it’s how you focus in a meeting, how you get ready to practice and how you sustain practice and make the right choices and decisions.”