### Jets \ Giants -- Preseason Opener; The Game Thread ###

Maxman

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Looks like a huge drop-off after the starters. If the injury bug hits it will be ugly.

Yep; I have heard more than one analyst say that the jets have 30+ very good players, but no depth. 

I do, however, like how the team seemed pretty clean; but the 2nd string CBs were just terrible...

8 minutes ago, slats said:

The starters managed a TD drive and a 3 & out. Depth is thin, we knew that, but that will be addressed before the opener and then again in earnest nest year. Not many people talking Super Bowl this year. 

The D has depth at DT and ILB.  Pretty thin elsewhere unless some rookies/2nd year guys step up.

Ironically the talent has suddenly shifted to offense, where the Jets have a bunch of very good young weapons and really just need to address the OL.

I expect some shoot outs this year because the offense is good and Gase wants to throw and score but the defense is going to give up point despite having a  probowler at each level. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

He didn't notice the safety pealing off to jump the route. 

Can we talk about how the Giants refused to consider a roof? I hear they can build retractable roofs nowadays. 

It was a bad throw more than a bad read. If he put it outside then it’s a completion.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Im watching the Bills first offensive drive. Josh Allen is such an inaccurate quarterback, he makes that cannon damn near worthless. 

He's scrambling for 1st downs on 3rd and long because he cant connect on passes on 1st and 2nd down. I mean, it's not Tebow level inaccurate, but man...

Yeah and I don't think that'll ever change. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im watching the Bills first offensive drive. Josh Allen is such an inaccurate quarterback, he makes that cannon damn near worthless. 

He's scrambling for 1st downs on 3rd and long because he cant connect on passes on 1st and 2nd down. I mean, it's not Tebow level inaccurate, but man...

Bills my second favorite team will watch that game after this one.  Went to UB   

You don’t think Allen is salvageable?