### Jets \ Giants -- Preseason Opener; The Game Thread ###

Maxman

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So psyched the game is tonight. C;mon Sam, TD on the first drive then watch the rest of the game from the sidelines.

this would be perfect!

I usually do not get excited for pre-season games, except for last year.  it was cool having Sam as the backup.  gave me a reason to watch late in the first half when he came in and then played the rest of the game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

LOL I just reread that. All I will say it has been a really bad week and yesterday was a long day.  Not sure why I typed that, pretty lame.

Hey, I got a laugh out of it. Found it humorous considering where I read it. Sorry you've had a tough week. Hope it gets better. 

...if it makes you feel any better, at least a 7 month old puppy hasn't decided to start marking on your freaking pillow. So one of us has that going for him...

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

Hey, I got a laugh out of it. Found it humorous considering where I read it. Sorry you've had a tough week. Hope it gets better. 

...if it makes you feel any better, at least a 7 month old puppy hasn't decided to start marking on your freaking pillow. So one of us has that going for him...

Thanks!

Congrats on the puppy, that is great.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Cant believe Sam is only going to play one play today.  I know they'll want to give him a series, but what the heck is he going to do after he drops back and throws a bomb to Anderson for a 70 yrd touchdown? :)

this would be the absolute perfect scenario!  

• Upvote 1

Obligations for each of the first three preseason games makes me thank goodness for DVR. Problem is I can't watch you jamooks in the GDT while it is going on, which can be quite entertaining. Over/under on the first call for a completely disastrous season is 14:05 on the clock in the 1Q 

The trick is trying to avoid any results before 1a tonight when I can start watching. 

• Upvote 1

My power is still out after yesterday’s storm. JCPL is saying 3pm for restoration but you can never trust them. At least I can get up the long driveway now which was blocked by a large downed tree. 

Anyone know a good place to watch the game in or near Bedminster NJ. (I don’t think trump will let me into the club) 

plus I got a pebble on the windshield and have a crack/Star!!!! What a day!!!!

Top 10 Roster Battles to Watch

(Only 1 of each pairs will likely make the team)

1. Frank Luvu vs Harvey Langi OLB (Extremely unlikely both make the final roster - IMHO, the #1 battle on display tonight)
  2. Davis Webb vs Luke Falk QB #3 (If we even keep 3 QBs)
  3. Daniel Brown vs Ryan Griffin TE (1 probably gone when Herndon returns)
  4. Tim White vs Greg Dortch WR/KR  
  5. Ben Braden vs Alex Lewis "9th" OL (If we keep 8 OLs, both could be gone, if we keep 9, one will likely make it)
  6. Kyron Brown vs Parry Nickerson CB (possible both could make it, but I doubt it)
  7. Bilal Powell vs Elijah McGuire RB (1 or the other will be gone )
  8. Foley Fatukasi vs Bronson Kaufusi DL (5 Defensive Linemen seem set - LW, QW, SM, HA, NS - if we keep a 6th, it will probably be Foley or Bronson)
  9. Brandon Bryant vs Godwin Igwebuike S (Neither might make it, but 1 or the other will have a leg up after the Giants game, especially if Maye is out for an extended period)
  10. Wyatt Miller vs Calvin Anderson OT (Neither is going to make the 53 man roster - this is a battle for a spot on the Practice Squad - does either one seem to have real potential?)
  • Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree but what if the ones go three and out?  on't want that bad taste in you mouth, especially against that bad Giants D....

I expect a very vanilla approach with the offense only installing a few installs at this stage. However, a play action bomb to Robby Anderson would be fun to watch on the first preseason game! Almost would be worth the three and out lol 

13 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Top 10 Roster Battles to Watch

(Only 1 of each pairs will likely make the team)

1. Frank Luvu vs Harvey Langi OLB (Extremely unlikely both make the final roster - IMHO, the #1 battle on display tonight)
  2. Davis Webb vs Luke Falk QB #3 (If we even keep 3 QBs)
  3. Daniel Brown vs Ryan Griffin TE (1 probably gone when Herndon returns)
  4. Tim White vs Greg Dortch WR/KR  
  5. Ben Braden vs Alex Lewis "9th" OL (If we keep 8 OLs, both could be gone, if we keep 9, one will likely make it)
  6. Kyron Brown vs Parry Nickerson CB (possible both could make it, but I doubt it)
  7. Bilal Powell vs Elijah McGuire RB (1 or the other will be gone )
  8. Foley Fatukasi vs Bronson Kaufusi DL (5 Defensive Linemen seem set - LW, QW, SM, HA, NS - if we keep a 6th, it will probably be Foley or Bronson)
  9. Brandon Bryant vs Godwin Igwebuike S (Neither might make it, but 1 or the other will have a leg up after the Giants game, especially if Maye is out for an extended period)
  10. Wyatt Miller vs Calvin Anderson OT (Neither is going to make the 53 man roster - this is a battle for a spot on the Practice Squad - does either one seem to have real potential?)

Is Alex Lewis playing tonight? I thought he was inactive due to lack of practice time. 

I feel like Luvu might even lose a roster spot to Cashman. Does he play outside lb? 

Is there a 0% chance Trent Cannon gets a roster spot. My guess is we cut him, does have great speed though. Maybe a PS player this year. 

31 minutes ago, Xtina said:

My power is still out after yesterday’s storm. JCPL is saying 3pm for restoration but you can never trust them. At least I can get up the long driveway now which was blocked by a large downed tree. 

Anyone know a good place to watch the game in or near Bedminster NJ. (I don’t think trump will let me into the club) 

plus I got a pebble on the windshield and have a crack/Star!!!! What a day!!!!

Zinburger by the Bridgewater Mall is decent and the food is good. 

Willie McBrides,Buffalo Wild-Wings,Top of the hill tavern.

Theres quite a few places in that area Rt22 Bridgewater/Somerville all have power. 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Is there a 0% chance Trent Cannon gets a roster spot. My guess is we cut him, does have great speed though. Maybe a PS player this year. 

To be honest, I think Cannon is a virtual lock to make the team right now with Powell/McGuire fighting for a spot - others, of course, disagree with that

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Is Alex Lewis playing tonight? I thought he was inactive due to lack of practice time. 

I feel like Luvu might even lose a roster spot to Cashman. Does he play outside lb? 

I'd bet Cannon gets rostered for specials plus he's actually had positive plays in the practices. Powell beats out Eli. Eli is such JAG

• Upvote 1

I think tonight we will all see why QW was regarded as one of the top prospects in this years draft class as he starts pushing around the 2nd string O-line of the Giants. They will have to double-team him.  

Also watch Derrick Jones have a great game against the 3rd stringers after falling behind on the depth chart. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rsherman28 said:

Cannon is very very likely to make the team. He is our best gunner, offers depth and positional flexibility. I think this is Peake's Jets swan song instead.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I know they want to pump up NFLN but come one, why arent the preseason games part of my Sunday Ticket package.  Theyll sell anyone the preason as a package for someone desperate to watch football. 

Directv sucks, In my area you can't get CBS or ABC because Directv is in a pissing contest with local affiliates.  The Sunday ticket is too pricey and is not worth the cost of having Directv.