### Jets \ Giants -- Preseason Opener; The Game Thread ###

Maxman

8 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Don't understand why Miami fans hate Gase so much.  Jeez.  We gave Bowles less sh*t after he ran us into the ground for multiple years.

Because they last won the Super Bowl in 1973. They have higher standards than us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

He'll never be the guy that picks you apart play after play. But he's good enough to win with. He can hurt you with his legs and the occasional accurate throw. I prefer Darnold. But I think Allen will be in the league a while.  

Ah yes, the "occasional accurate throw".  That'll win you playoff games. 

3 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Was obvious, but they’re told to let those go now

can always reverse it, can’t reverse it the other way 

Yep.  And all turnovers are reviewed automatically so no challenge is needed by the HC.  For once the NFL got something right when it comes to a process/rule. 

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Winters got injured.  Hurt his shoulder and left the game early.  Earlier than the other starters.

Jets are better off if the guy goes hunting and gets lost in the woods anyway.  Sounded more enthused about teaching his newborn how to off deer than the kid actually being born.  They gave that bum a rich contract for being one of the few draft picks they could pencil in as a starter.  I think Douglas will definitely move on from him first chance he gets.

My comments on my post from yesters

1. Frank Luvu vs Harvey Langi OLB (Extremely unlikely both make the final roster - IMHO, the #1 battle on display tonight) - Didn't notice Langi much, but Luvu looked really good
  2. Davis Webb vs Luke Falk QB #3 (If we even keep 3 QBs) - Webb looked like crap, Falk looked good against lesser competition
  3. Daniel Brown vs Ryan Griffin TE (1 probably gone when Herndon returns) -  - Neither one did too much that I saw, Griffin looked to be pretty fast and a possible real downfield threat
  4. Tim White vs Greg Dortch WR/KR   - Dortch looked damn good.  White looked fast - need to see more of him, Dortch with the MAJOR upper hand after 1 preseason game
  5. Ben Braden vs Alex Lewis "9th" OL (If we keep 8 OLs, both could be gone, if we keep 9, one will likely make it) - Lewis didn't play, to be honest, I thought Braden looked pretty darn solid overall
  6. Kyron Brown vs Parry Nickerson CB (possible both could make it, but I doubt it)  -  HUGE Advantage Brown
  7. Bilal Powell vs Elijah McGuire RB (1 or the other will be gone )  - Powell didn't play, McGuire looked decent - not good, but decent, maybe still has a chance
  8. Foley Fatukasi vs Bronson Kaufusi DL (5 Defensive Linemen seem set - LW, QW, SM, HA, NS - if we keep a 6th, it will probably be Foley or Bronson) -  - Both looked good to me, Fatukasi is a big ole boy
  9. Brandon Bryant vs Godwin Igwebuike S (Neither might make it, but 1 or the other will have a leg up after the Giants game, especially if Maye is out for an extended period)  - Didn't notice Bryant, not sure if he played, Godwin made a couple of tackles
  10. Wyatt Miller vs Calvin Anderson OT (Neither is going to make the 53 man roster - this is a battle for a spot on the Practice Squad - does either one seem to have real potential?)  - Will have to watch the replay and look for them - couldn't really see much