Browns trade RB Duke Johnson to Houston Texans for a conditional 2020 fourth-round pick. (via Tom Pelissero)

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

HUGE pick up for the Texans.  Duke will help Watson out a ton.  He such a nice little bail out option.  That ****tard Mayfield owes a lot of his success his rookie season to just dumping sh*t off to Johnson and let him do his thing. 

Didn't realize it until looking it up. Forty-seven catches last year, good for third on the team. 

• Upvote 2

Duke will be a good fit for the Texans, now they just need some Oline help unless they are trying to give Watson the David Carr treatment. Now the fans can chant "Nukkkk" for Hopkins, "Duuuuuke" for Johnson and "Bluuueeee" for Alfred Blue, could make some fun drinking games out of it. Kinda jealous, tbh.

7 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Duke will be a good fit for the Texans, now they just need some Oline help unless they are trying to give Watson the David Carr treatment. Now the fans can chant "Nukkkk" for Hopkins, "Duuuuuke" for Johnson and "Bluuueeee" for Alfred Blue, could make some fun drinking games out of it. Kinda jealous, tbh.

Blue is history! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Lol.  The Browns were playing hard ball with him and said they would never trade him.  Good for Duke.  He deserves a bigger role than the one he was going to have in Cleveland.  

Sounds like a win win deal.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is the condition?  One of the tweets says it is a 4th that could become a 3rd.  I don't think that is the kind of conditional the Jets gave up for Alex Lewis.  

Probably a % of snaps condition.  That tends to be the 2nd most common condition used in these types of deals.  

If you watched hard knocks with the browns you could see issues there.  Johnson was hurt and was excused and coaches were asking why he could not be there for an info, not practice session.  Dumbass hugh jackson took that oppo to bitch slap his coaches and say he was the boss and he was excusing Johnson.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I thought for sure he was going to be on the Browns until Hunt comes off suspension. I would bet news comes out soon that Hunt is getting a reduction in games he has to sit out 

Perhaps.  More likely, I think they're OK with the backs they have sitting behind Chubb prior to Hunt's return. 

It's also hard to pass up on a 4th (possible 3rd) rounder for a disgruntled RB whose contract had $11.45M left on it over the next 3 seasons. 

They could certainly also sign another back or 2 once teams start cutting guys.  Guys like T.J. Yeldon, Doug Martin, Spencer Ware, Devontae Booker, Jacquizz Rodgers, Kenneth Dixon are candidates to be cut loose.  And guys like LeGarrette Blount, Jay Ajayi, Chris Ivory and Alex Collins are still free agents.  None are any good, but they'll do as a backup until Hunt returns. 

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What is the condition?  One of the tweets says it is a 4th that could become a 3rd.  I don't think that is the kind of conditional the Jets gave up for Alex Lewis. 

Dress for 10 or more games = 3rd rounder.  Dress, not play. (I heard on Serius)

24 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I can see someone already on the team but Duke knows the playbook and has a connection  with Mayfield from last season. A new guy has to get up to speed and they need to get him in camp now. 

Hunt is in camp. But they do need someone for first half of season. I dont think the Jets keep both Powell and McGuire. One is gone. There will be cuts like that all over the league. I dont think Dorsey is very worried. 

Has to be active for 10 games - means that the compensation is almost surely a 3rd round pick.  That's a great return for a backup RB.  Yes, he fills a need and is a very good 3rd down back, but he's backup at a position that the league doesn't value very highly.

I think Houston got rid of Lamar Miller's primary backup, Donta Foreman.  This is a solid pickup for Houston.....and even if it doesn't appreciate to a 3rd, getting a 4th is very good for a Cleveland team that has Nick Chubb, Dontrell Hillard and will get Kareem Hunt back after Week 8.

This looks like a smart move by Dorsey.