Rest In Peace Matt

Maxman

My heart breaks for the Eckert family. Matt is one of my son Shane's best friends since they were little kids. Matt passed away on Saturday unexpectedly. Watching him grow up was amazing, the kid could hit a baseball a mile and I don't know many kids that could play multiple varsity sports in high school as a freshman. Seriously is the nicest family I know, they do so much for so many people. Matt's last tweet was a RT of something we tweeted. More than anything he was just a great kid. Always smiling, always laughing, and now he is gone way too soon.

If you can spare a few bucks, please help this family out. They are burying their 23 year old son this weekend. My son is a pall bearer, nothing will take their pain away. I just hope their financial burden is eased a bit after medical bills and burial costs.

Thanks for letting me share this and may God Bless you always Matt. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/matthew-eckert

51 minutes ago, Maxman said:

My heart breaks for the Eckert family. Matt is one of my son Shane's best friends since they were little kids. Matt passed away on Saturday unexpectedly. Watching him grow up was amazing, the kid could hit a baseball a mile and I don't know many kids that could play multiple varsity sports in high school as a freshman. Seriously is the nicest family I know, they do so much for so many people. Matt's last tweet was a RT of something we tweeted. More than anything he was just a great kid. Always smiling, always laughing, and now he is gone way too soon.

If you can spare a few bucks, please help this family out. They are burying their 23 year old son this weekend. My son is a pall bearer, nothing will take their pain away. I just hope their financial burden is eased a bit after medical bills and burial costs.

Thanks for letting me share this and may God Bless you always Matt. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/matthew-eckert

sorry to hear this news.  looks like the gofundme page has over 400 donations - he clearly touched a lot of people's lives.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Lith said:

Awful.  Just 23 years old.  Younger than both of my kids.  I can't even imagine what his parents and the rest of his family and friends are going through.

Rest in peace, Matt.

They have an amazing group, they have been friends since they were kids. College and Jobs usually get in the way but these guys are still so close. My son invited a bunch of them over to watch the Jets \ Giants game tonight. They are watching it outside and it is good just seeing the friends stick by each other every night this week. Wake is Saturday and the burial is Monday.

Seriously do appreciate everyone listening to me ramble right now. Friends are everything.

• Upvote 3