Poll: Now that you have seen them on TV do you like the new uniforms?

Jetsbb

New Uniforms poll  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the new look?

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

I love em. The helmets remind me of the old Hess 80s Jets logo. I only wish they had the fighter jet logo instead of the football, but I like em overall. Can't wait for the black.

If they go with a fighter Jet, it should be nose down front middle with a Jet stream as stripes.

• Upvote 1

I like them, think they look solid.

Not sure which color I like best but can't wait to see the black out on the field.

I ordered myself a black Adams, my daughter a green Bell, and my dad a White Darnold jersey today. Can't wait for them to come in so I can see how they look in person.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

They need a better design metaphor than the crescendo angle/point that they put on everything to evoke "taking flight". It's basic. Not creative at all. Only thing worse would be the literal use of a fighter jet. If you cannot solve the design problem of a metaphoric symbol, then just avoid it completely and go for a pure typographic solution. In this case, they also failed because the typography design is a joke in the Jets logo. 

Anyway, it is what it is. The same people that made the decision that these uniforms are "good", were the people that made the hiring decisions for Mangini, Herm, Rex, Idzik, Tanny, Bowles, Mac, etc... so, it's obvious, they wouldn't know good if it were a Chandler Catanzaro FG attempt slice that found it's way into the booth and hit them in the face.

• Upvote 3

Love the color scheme and the block numbers. Love the helmet. The shoulder stripes should have been shaped differently or shortened so they end at the sleeve. Feel like the jerseys look better from the back than the front for that reason. Overall it's an upgrade over the old look that lasted a decade too long.

• Upvote 2

This is where they should have gone with the helmet:

DIBGOITUMAAZpUb.0.jpg

Obviously not with the duck wing graphic, but having a watermark style image on the chromed-out helmet would have been dope. Perhaps a shape that evokes the design sensibilities of a stealth fighter, but not a literal picture of a stealth jet. They have an interesting polygonal mosaic pattern to them, would have been an interesting motif to play with.

As for the uniforms, the jet black of this one:

missou_square11.jpg

Then to bring the green in, you need to replace the role of gold in the Mizzou uniform with a color more like this:

D4C-NFbW0AIwpAe.jpg

You could, perhaps even work in the variations:

- jet black / vibrant green as a dark combo

- white / dark green / vibrant green as the light combo

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Love the color scheme and the block numbers. Love the helmet. The shoulder stripes should have been shaped differently or shortened so they end at the sleeve. Feel like the jerseys look better from the back than the front for that reason. Overall it's an upgrade over the old look that lasted a decade too long.

I thought our uni's the past couple of years looked the best that I could ever remember the Jets looking.  This uniform change was completely unnecessary.  On top of that, these new uni's just don't look very good.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Paint color on helmet is alright. The rest of the uniforms are a design atrocity. Bottom 5 in the league. Old uniforms were top 5, and I didn't even love them. They were just real football unis. These look like the Chinese knockoff sports jerseys you see online. Cheap and awkwardly designed look to them.

The paint color on the helmet looks nice when you see it more up close and there's light reflecting off the helmet.  That shows a pretty nice hue of green.  From the standard television view, though, the helmets look kind of nondescript.  I agree that we used to be top 5 and now we're probably bottom 5.  I can't believe this is what they ended up signing off on.  Especially considering our how nice our previous uni's were.

its the pants. its just too much white. the jersey looks great, but whole ensemble needs more green. they need to go green pants standard w white jerseys. 

just way way too much boring with the way too much white.

• Upvote 1