Jets have no Depth! Thanks MacCoffee!

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

All the years of horrible drafting has caught up with the Jets big time. Other than D Line this team has zero depth. If any second teamers were apparently doing well in practice it is  against other no talented personnel. Our 1st teams seem to be decent - how good I don't know yet but the out of the other 40 or 50 still in camp there is maybe 10 keepers that have potential. The rest are Mac's garbage. Im quite sure this will change over the next few years. Big Joe Douglas will turn over all these guys and will get some good depth players that can even challenge for starting spots. Right now Jets have a load of garbage.

You realize the majority of players that played tonight won't make any team right? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You realize the majority of players that played tonight won't make any team right? 

Uh yeah that's the point. If these Jets are gonna invest time and money and training in some of these guys they should have a chance to make the team and contribute - but it doesn't look like they can.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Every team but the Jets go 3 deep. 

Woe is me. 

So stupid. No one has “depth”. They have starters, some who aren’t even that good and dudes who fill out the roster. 

No one has depth?  And how did you come to this conclusion?  Because some teams have more depth than others.  And our team is certainly among those lacking it.

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

No one has depth?  And how did you come to this conclusion?  Because some teams have more depth than others.  And our team is certainly among those lacking it.

Yes Captain Obvious, some teams have more depth than other teams. 

If you are counting on your second 22 to make the playoffs you’re kidding yourself. 

Woe is me. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Yes Captain Obvious, some teams have more depth than other teams. 

If you are counting on your second 22 to make the playoffs you’re kidding yourself. 

Woe is me. 

Oh thank god!  Don't worry fellas!  Peace Frog says we'll be injury free this season!  We don't need our second 22!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I thought Holkmes, Bellamy, Luvu and Siemian were bright spots. Other than that the backups were hot garbage who'll be selling insurance soon. The lack of depth at corner is worse than I thought, and I thought it was pretty bad to begin with

Dortch, and Holmes will be Danny Woodheading the Jets again if they cut one, or both I can easily see both succeeding in that Pats system.  That said I want both on the team, Dortch can field punts, and backup Crowder, and Holmes just reminds me of Woodhead.  If the Jets cut either they will regret it.

Personally, I agreed somewhat with the sentiment of the OP.  After our starters were off the field, we looked pretty bad.  Our 2nd stringers seemed a lot worse than the Giants 2nd stringers.  And yes, our 2nd stringers will still be in the NFL come the start of the season.  Polite played with the 3rd stringers.

I was also disappointed that the people I heard about a lot from practices (Tim White and Cashman) didn't seem too impressive in what I saw.

The one positive to me was that Dortch looked really good returning punts.

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

All the years of horrible drafting has caught up with the Jets big time. Other than D Line this team has zero depth. If any second teamers were apparently doing well in practice it is  against other no talented personnel. Our 1st teams seem to be decent - how good I don't know yet but the out of the other 40 or 50 still in camp there is maybe 10 keepers that have potential. The rest are Mac's garbage. Im quite sure this will change over the next few years. Big Joe Douglas will turn over all these guys and will get some good depth players that can even challenge for starting spots. Right now Jets have a load of garbage.

The lack of depth has always been obvious - all due respect. Mac had this strategy of picking through the 2nd and 3rd tier players (or at least he thought he was) to fill up the roster and made them starters. They almost all played as starters up until the end of last season. But the fact is, now the poor selections are showing. 

I'm not sure what Mac's strategy was for rebuilding this team, but I THINK he thought he was killing the reserve market and setting us up to be a deep team if and when he actually started selecting starters? Anyway, it didn't work. The reserves he selected are garbage and tonight's game is proof of that.I

The Jets spent a lot of money placing marquis players in almost every important position on the team. Meanwhile, with all that talent, they are still terrible. 

That's because they simply do not have enough talent overall. The marquis players can't play 100% of the time. You must have depth and the Jets are seriously deficient with that.

This is the result of employing several poor GM's. Ownership is great in letting the front office have freedom to make moves as many as necessary to create a team in their mold. The problem with that is, if you make poor hiring choices the end result is going to be what we see now.

In the end, it's important to note the Jets have a new GM . He simply can't unf*ck all the problems Mac made in one offseason. It's going to take some time. So we'll just have to deal with this this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Dortch, and Holmes will be Danny Woodheading the Jets again if they cut one, or both I can easily see both succeeding in that Pats system.  That said I want both on the team, Dortch can field punts, and backup Crowder, and Holmes just reminds me of Woodhead.  If the Jets cut either they will regret it.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Dortch. He and Cannon can defnitely return KOs

15 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Yup. Beating a horse that’s been dead for months. 

No.. the premise is absurd.

I don't think there's anyone that wouldn't concede that if every offensive and defensive starter gets injured that our hope for the playoffs are dashed.

29 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Lance. Lance. Lance. Show me this “fantasy dream team” that has not one but *two* NFL cornerbacks. Go on. I’ll wait. 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

No.. the premise is absurd.

I don't think there's anyone that wouldn't concede that if every offensive and defensive starter gets injured that our hope for the playoffs are dashed.

If one offensive lineman sprains an ankle, the team is going 4-12. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If one offensive lineman sprains an ankle, the team is going 4-12. 

Nah the o-line is fine now. Harrison moves to the back up role and Edoga, Braden, Compton are all guys that looked good today. 4 dudes that can spot start is solid.

The Secondary is a real issue tho. We have 1 starting caliber safety and maybe 2 CBs. 

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Nah the o-line is fine now. Harrison moves to the back up role and Edoga, Braden, Compton are all guys that looked good today. 4 dudes that can spot start is solid.

The Secondary is a real issue tho. We have 1 starting caliber safety and maybe 2 CBs. 

When Daryl Roberts is handed a starting job with no legitimate push at all from any of the backups, you know there is an issue.