Jets have no Depth! Thanks MacCoffee!

24 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Valentine Holmes did what you want out of a guy who is deep in the chart and only got on late, made some catches and looked alive. Should have earnt more time for game 2.

I've seen enough of Mcguire pitter-pattering in the backfield waiting for holes to close that I am all for giving a guy like Holmes and obviously Canon a chance. 

The fact that Mcguire was playing deep into the 4th quarter tells me  he is fighting for a roster spot. 

• Upvote 1

What we found out last night is that this team is still seriously lacking talent wise. That's not a surprise for me. Mac was a terrible GM and if anything, when it comes to his drafting the Jets now have LESS talent than they did before he started here.

• Thumb Down 1

It’s one game and I wouldn’t get all crazy about it.
I think the giants 3rds looked better than the jets for sure but I would give some of these guys a little more time.

Let’s not forget we are in the middle of learning a new system on both sides of the ball. The giants had the luxury of being past their first month learning a new system. That has a lot to do with it.

Ps. Nickerson better snap to it. He looked lost or just bad. Sucks. I like him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

The CB position is FRIGHTENING. All the misses are killing us, the Milliner miss led to passing on Lattimore who should not have been passed on. 

QB, LT, Pass Rusher, CB. If you don't have these guys, you have to find them in every draft. The Adams + Maye draft WTF! Pretty much 90% of this board thought taking 2 safeties in the 1st & 2nd round was asinine. 

With Maye never playing that has reared its ugly head. GW can be the most AGRESSIVE DC we've ever had but with no pass rush & no CBs we're gonna see a lot of WRs backends as they're running into the endzone. Sammy better be ready for a shootout with Mayfield & the Browns because our CBs vs OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Calloway & Njoku? OMG! It might look like he's running his college offense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

For the first time in literally 20 years....since 1999....I watched the first pre-season game and came out of it knowing that I did not have to worry about the most important position on the field. 

I wasn't making excuses about bad throws because receivers ran their routes a little too shallow, I wasn't wondering if the lack of accuracy would improve as camp goes on, I wasn't trying to convince myself that the QB play will get better once we start "game planning".  Nope....none of that....it was pretty clear to me in one series that we really have solved the most glaring problem this team has had for decades.

Yet somehow I knew when I came on here this morning, the very first thread would be something negative.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Nixhead said:

All the years of horrible drafting has caught up with the Jets big time. Other than D Line this team has zero depth. If any second teamers were apparently doing well in practice it is  against other no talented personnel. Our 1st teams seem to be decent - how good I don't know yet but the out of the other 40 or 50 still in camp there is maybe 10 keepers that have potential. The rest are Mac's garbage. Im quite sure this will change over the next few years. Big Joe Douglas will turn over all these guys and will get some good depth players that can even challenge for starting spots. Right now Jets have a load of garbage.

Finally, someone with the courage to step up and tell the hard truths... That Macc, maybe didn’t do such a good job here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Here’s a dose of reality; week 1 of the NFL tells you absolutely nothing about your team but suddenly the 1st preseason game provides absolute confirmation? 

Jets Fans: Preseason is meaningless; you can’t take anything away from it.

Also Jets Fans: ZOMGGG!!!! SAM DARNOLD!!!!  DID YOU SEE THAT OPENING DRIVE BABY!!!

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Also Jets Fans: ZOMGGG!!!! SAM DARNOLD!!!!  DID YOU SEE THAT OPENING DRIVE BABY!!!

Hard not to get into the excitement of Darnold when you're a Qb starved fanbase but that started with the end of the regular season last year, not his opening drive of the first preseason game.  The drive was just juicy because we've waited all offseason to see our stud in action.

That said, his drive just like everything else yesterday, was 100% meaningless. 

10 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Uh yeah that's the point. If these Jets are gonna invest time and money and training in some of these guys they should have a chance to make the team and contribute - but it doesn't look like they can.

All teams you dumbass not just the jets

• Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

NFL fans: Baker mayfield the best qb on the planet... 

broad city omg GIF

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

For the first time in literally 20 years....since 1999....I watched the first pre-season game and came out of it knowing that I did not have to worry about the most important position on the field. 

I wasn't making excuses about bad throws because receivers ran their routes a little too shallow, I wasn't wondering if the lack of accuracy would improve as camp goes on, I wasn't trying to convince myself that the QB play will get better once we start "game planning".  Nope....none of that....it was pretty clear to me in one series that we really have solved the most glaring problem this team has had for decades.

Yet somehow I knew when I came on here this morning, the very first thread would be something negative.

Now you can be concerned about everything else. :o

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

All teams you dumbass not just the jets

Again that's the point sh*t for brains: The Jets players that aren't gonna make any team are way worse than any other teams players that aren't gonna make any team. It was evident tonight. Capishe?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Nixhead said:

Again that's the point sh*t for brains: The Jets players that aren't gonna make any team are way worse than any other teams players that aren't gonna make any team. It was evident tonight. Capishe?

Haha... Ok 35 players on the giants won't make the team either.. sh*tbag

• Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Haha... Ok 35 players on the giants won't make the team either.. sh*tbag

Aren't you late for school - I guess u missed the bus - or school didn't start yet ? Either way go cut your lawn or something - maybe Mom can drop you off at the mall.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Hard not to get into the excitement of Darnold when you're a Qb starved fanbase but that started with the end of the regular season last year, not his opening drive of the first preseason game.  The drive was just juicy because we've waited all offseason to see our stud in action.

That said, his drive just like everything else yesterday, was 100% meaningless

I actually don't agree that preseason is meaningless.  Preseason results are generally meaningless.  But, in the last decade, we've seen our offense be ineffective in preseason, and then surprise, they couldn't move the ball consistently in the regular season as well.  I'd love to see an example of a team who's first string completely floundered in preseason and then was great in the regular season... Barring that, I think you can get a bit of a feel for what you're looking at.

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Aren't you late for school - I guess u missed the bus - or school didn't start yet ? Either way go cut your lawn or something - maybe Mom can drop you off at the mall.

How about you talk about football instead of acting like a teenager.