Hold your breath defense

Granted it's just one preseason game but the lack of capable CBs is completely obvious & the scariest part is none of us know yet what we're going to get from our #1 CB in Trumaine Johnson. What we do know from past experience is that Gregg Williams can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t, you can go back to his poor defenses during his New Orleans days. 

2019 will be about Gase & Sam building an offensive system that develops over the next decade. Joe Douglas will have his work cut solidifying the back end of the defense along with rebuilding the Oline with some youth. The only way this Jet team competes with the Patriots in 2019 is to have one of the healthiest seasons ever, we just don't have the depth to get through injuries, especially at CB. 

Watching Sam last night I'm positive we have found our franchise QB & his ceiling is limitless so in Joe Douglas we trust to right this ship that Macc crashed into the rocks. Such a shame the years & drafts wasted by Idzik & Macc. I've always said there were posters on here that had better track records in the draft threads. Guys who seemed to know more than the people getting paid good money to turn this team around. Joe Douglas got a good look at the backups last night, I would have loved to be a fly on that wall. I'm sure he realized he's got a lot of work to do. That was expensive win vs the Bills last year with the stumbling bumbling Eli McGuire (soon to be released) tripping his way into the endzone. We could have used some more draft picks. 

• Upvote 1

Granted it's just one preseason game but the lack of capable CBs is completely obvious & the scariest part is none of us know yet what we're going to get from our #1 CB in Trumaine Johnson. What we do know from past experience is that Gregg Williams can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t, you can go back to his poor defenses during his New Orleans days. 
2019 will be about Gase & Sam building an offensive system that develops over the next decade. Joe Douglas will have his work cut solidifying the back end of the defense along with rebuilding the Oline with some youth. The only way this Jet team competes with the Patriots in 2019 is to have one of the healthiest seasons ever, we just don't have the depth to get through injuries, especially at CB. 
Watching Sam last night I'm positive we have found our franchise QB & his ceiling is limitless so in Joe Douglas we trust to right this ship that Macc crashed into the rocks. Such a shame the years & drafts wasted by Idzik & Macc. I've always said there were posters on here that had better track records in the draft threads. Guys who seemed to know more than the people getting paid good money to turn this team around. Joe Douglas got a good look at the backups last night, I would have loved to be a fly on that wall. I'm sure he realized he's got a lot of work to do. That was expensive win vs the Bills last year with the stumbling bumbling Eli McGuire (soon to be released) tripping his way into the endzone. We could have used some more draft picks. 
However .. Mac did bring us the boy wonder ... Sooo....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Mac will never hold a real job in the NFL again.  He would be lucky to get Idziks job. At least Idzik was a numbers guy, and he went back to that.  Mac was supposed to be a scout. 

Also, I think people forget Coffee boy didn't create the cap space we had during his time either. He just kept rolling money over from when Idzik cleared the salary cap prior to be being canned for inept drafting.

48 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Had we drafted well these last 5 years we'd have more talent then the Browns. Instead of fighting for a playoff spot, we'd be legit contenders. Maybe even to go all the way.

Come on, Every team in the league can say this.   

I am no Mac defender but this is just silly. 

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Mac will never hold a real job in the NFL again.  He would be lucky to get Idziks job. At least Idzik was a numbers guy, and he went back to that.  Mac was supposed to be a scout. 

Guy was a fraud and a fake (think the 99 coffee cup props on his desk in that picture), from Day 1.

If you have an ounce of street smarts you could tell he didn't belong in that job whatsoever just by the way he looks and acts.

As far as hiring him as the lowliest scout in my front office, why should I? (If I'm any NFL team).  What tangible success has he brought to any team he has worked for?  Over 90% of his draft picks hit the bricks in under 12 months of their selection never to see the inside of an NFL building again.  His FA signings virtually all busts along with being wrong just about every time extending players for big bucks.

We now know this clown was about to be fired in Houston and then Casserly swooped in and pawned this dolt off on our team.

Now, today, to no one's surprise, it seems that NO NFL team cares to know what his phone number is.

Guy is luckier than most Lotto winners with the checks he robbed from the Jets for 4 long years.

And now, even with all the good feelings over finally having a Franchise QB that was lucked into, we see a team with less than zero depth.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Come on, Every team in the league can say this.   

I am no Mac defender but this is just silly. 

Every team in the league cannot say this. We have the least amount of players on our team from the last 5 years of drafts than anyone else in the league. We are void of talent because of this.

• Upvote 1

I expect last night to be a small evaluation opportunity for a proactive Joe Douglas. He’s probably going to dig around and see what he can do. Don’t be surprised if he adds one or two more guys in the coming days. Truthfully, I’d like for him to try and trade for a starter but those opportunities rarely come by around this time and I don’t think we need to just throw picks away. It’s a shame that there isn’t much we can do at this point and time but dumpster dive for gold but it’s the preseason and teams are settling in with their starters.

Pulling in Cravens from the Eagles would be my move if I had to make one.

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The D will be fine.  Chill out.

Not so sure about this.  I think the CB's could be a soft spot all year for this team which means if we cannot generate a consistent pass rush, Darnold will have to keep up in some shootouts.  Hopefully the secondary will step up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Thanks for the shout out I agree!

55 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol yet another thread turned into a Mac bashing thread . Dudes live in the past forever  around here

Im sure Mac is crying right now while Looking at his millions in his bank account and drinking a fresh cup of coffee. 

Exactly lol.  Our fanbase talks more about people that aren't here than our own players lol.  Whether its Macc, Daniel Jones, Mayfield, Tom Brady, etc.  Fans cant stop obsessing over Macc 

Think DBs are overhead. You play defense with a talented pass rush, and your DBs are scheme. Tired of watching the Jets spend resources on guys that will get beat no matter what if you give the QB time. Williams will have a scheme, be it zone or man or doubling specific receivers. It's gonna vary week to week, series to series. 

The Jets and Giants play for real. WIlliams was not going to show anything last night. It was straight up vanilla. And further strong suspicion the NFL does not like anyone blitzing in preseason games. They're never going to say that, but only time the Jets got in the backfield was on  a play action when the safety went to hit the back he thought had the ball to see Jones then complete a big pass. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Think DBs are overhead. You play defense with a talented pass rush, and your DBs are scheme. Tired of watching the Jets spend resources on guys that will get beat no matter what if you give the QB time. Williams will have a scheme, be it zone or man or doubling specific receivers. It's gonna vary week to week, series to series. 

The Jets and Giants play for real. WIlliams was not going to show anything last night. It was straight up vanilla. And further strong suspicion the NFL does not like anyone blitzing in preseason games. They're never going to say that, but only time the Jets got in the backfield was on  a play action when the safety went to hit the back he thought had the ball to see Jones then complete a big pass. 

I was just disappointed in what I saw from Nickerson & Jones. We need some CBs to rise up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

However .. Mac did bring us the boy wonder ... Sooo....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't think you can say Macc crashed it into the rocks since he got Sam. "He fell in their laps". But Macc traded up, so he gets credit.

More like Macc parked the ship next to the rocks lol.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets cut every CB not named Johnson, Roberts or Poole. Then use waiver claims on replacements. That's how bad the situation is.

agreed !.. our GM will be lookin' at that waiver wire... for sure    :ahhh: 

The defense should be zero worry. We should be used to this..... in the preseason the starters aren't playing, the ones that are playing are just trying not to get hurt, and the playcalling is purposely very vanilla.

The Jets D will be dominant this year - a top 10 defense for sure.

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

he hasn't had a defense that's ranked outside of the bottom 3rd of the league since the lates 00s? What is he getting them ready for?

Hes only coached 2 dumpster fires since then.  Any nfl person will tell you greg williams is one of the best in the biz.  Thats not debateable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Yeah, I don't think you can say Macc crashed it into the rocks since he got Sam. "He fell in their laps". But Macc traded up, so he gets credit.

More like Macc parked the ship next to the rocks lol.

With a Hurricane looming. 

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol yet another thread turned into a Mac bashing thread . Dudes live in the past forever  around here

Im sure Mac is crying right now while Looking at his millions in his bank account and drinking a fresh cup of coffee. 

Give it time, eventually JN forgives all; some quality MIGA (Make Idzik Great Again) takes in here.    

Secondary stinks and even Williams knows it. I'm depending on him to dial up some creative schemes, blitz packages to get pressure. We have some talented DL and LB's who need to bring pressure. However if we allow QB's to sit in the pocket I fear we are in trouble. If Trumane Johnson can actually be himself this year it ease my worries ALOT. 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

pass rush?  pass rush you say?  WTH is a pass rush???

• Haha 1