Hold your breath defense

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What did the starters play one series?

Exactly.

Would love to know which NFL team of they subbed out all of their starting defense and fielded 2nd and 3rd stringers would look good and all provided top quality depth after only a couple of weeks of practice

12 hours ago, TNJet said:

I don't get the McGuire hate. I actually like the kid. He did score a TD. Much better than the no show, stumbling fumbling Trenton Cannon (soon to be released)

Don’t disrespect Powell like that . Powell has always been a 4.0+ ypc guy His entire career. McGuire is not good at running the ball . Outside the one long run jags his rookie year he has been terrible . 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Don’t disrespect Powell like that . Powell has always been a 4.0+ ypc guy His entire career. McGuire is not good at running the ball . Outside the one long run jags his rookie year he has been terrible . 

Where did I disrespect Powell? I said Cannon dude.

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2019 at 11:12 AM, Maxman said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets cut every CB not named Johnson, Roberts or Poole. Then use waiver claims on replacements. That's how bad the situation is.

So far this theory is looking pretty strong.  Two are already gone and if Nickerson has another game like that he's a goner too I'd think. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, MaxAF said:

Can’t really make a good assessment based on a series although it looked easy to march down the field on offense and a three and out on defense with some key starters not playing. Vanilla offense and defense also being played. What will make this team rise to the top. Nothing we don’t already know. Some O- line studs, secondary help and a nasty edge rusher should bring it all together. With Bell in the offense I think the sky’s the limit, even this year. I also think it’s going to be very difficult for teams to try and run up the middle. Mosley should greatly improve the D as well. Overall this will be a greatly improved Jet team this year IMHO. I’m sniffing some post season action if they can stay relatively healthy.

Not bad man.  I agree with most of this.  The Jints were playing vanilla too so there's not really much to dissect in reality. Sam almost threw a nasty pick which would have taken the opportunity for the offense away. I'm glad Peppers dropped it so we could see the first team O a bit more.  We got to see a few things. Most importantly KO is an absolute animal and Shell is not. Harrison also played well and that is a great thing because he is reserve most likely. That's not a bad situation at C. Compton, Lewis and Harrison backing up the two G's and C is pretty strong and Chuma Edoga also looked good. That's the most important thing for our offense. If the OL plays well, we will do well. Bell and Sam will have many field days if that happens.  It will be much more difficult if the OL struggles. 

I'm still really hoping for a T Williams trade which would put us over the top at OL.  Then we're good while Douglas builds the best OL in the league. 

• Upvote 1